"Aeroface" by Just Flight

Thread: "Aeroface" by Just Flight

"Aeroface" by Just Flight

"Aeroface" is a utility that is bundled/part of their software "Flying Club". Although I have searched for it elsewhere, apparently it is not available separately, leastwise not that I can find.

It is a nifty little program. It allows you to change the pilot's face with whatever picture you want.

Just wondered if there are any freeware programs out there that might accomplish the same thing? NC

From info I have come across, it looks like JustFlight packaged that utility with some of their GA planes and was not a standalone program.

I swear I've seen something else that did this today but I can't find it now for the life of me. I'll keep looking

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    From info I have come across, it looks like JustFlight packaged that utility with some of their GA planes and was not a standalone program.
    And, from what little I have read, Aeroface only works with those specific Just Flight aircraft. Seem somewhat strange to me that someone has not released a similar software; but perhaps that would be copyright infringement, I don't know., NC

Thinking about this.. I reckon a 'sim-wide' solution hasn't been produced as it might require the same model (pilot/crew figure) in each aircraft otherwise the end results may not be as desired. JF can do it with selected models as the software is designed to work for those pilot/crew figures.. if this makes sense.

BTW.. I still can't find where I saw this today. I'm sure it wasn't JF either as I've not been there

ATB
    DaveB

Maybe such a program isn't possible, but I think it would be a cool idea for an FSX addon. Perhaps just the face-changing option by itself wouldn't be enough. Maybe add other features, such as pilot uniform, helmet (for military aircraft). NC

This is certainly possible with CFS3 f'rinstance, but how and to what texture an FSX pilot figure is mapped is the decision of the modeller(s). A simple utility which could identify this just doesn't exist, nor is it likely. JF could do it with their own models because they (should) know where and how and would have a standardised mapping for a pilot figure.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

A universal program would not be possible, the pilot face and/or clothing is in different file names and different locations and dimensions within the graphic files.
    This is up to the developer and the mapping he/she chooses, might have been a good idea for a standard way back when, but defeats the open concept, even if one allowed for bmp and dds orientation flips.
    I have changed some manually with an editing program, some I had to be very selective about the boundry to copy and paste because things like headphones, glasses, etc. next to the neck or chin would be obliterated with a simple rectangle copy and a stretch or shrink.
    So, given what we've got, the only way to do it is one by one with an image editor. (which can still be fun)

(HairySpin types faster and briefer than I do)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    A universal program would not be possible, the pilot face and/or clothing is in different file names and different locations and dimensions within the graphic files.
    This is up to the developer and the mapping he/she chooses, might have been a good idea for a standard way back when, but defeats the open concept, even if one allowed for bmp and dds orientation flips.
    I have changed some manually with an editing program, some I had to be very selective about the boundry to copy and paste because things like headphones, glasses, etc. next to the neck or chin would be obliterated with a simple rectangle copy and a stretch or shrink.
    So, given what we've got, the only way to do it is one by one with an image editor. (which can still be fun)

(HairySpin types faster and briefer than I do)
    Paul and Hairyspin, thx so much for the explanation! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0