A2A Cessna 182T Skylane available - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A2A Cessna 182T Skylane available

Tim-HH, you should get royalties for posting screenshots like that! : )

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Did you hold the AP master button a few seconds to engage it?
    No joy, TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    It might be worth posting on the A2A boards about your issue
    I think you're right, Jimmy. Collecting data on the failure now. I've reinstalled the latest core update but still no AP. I notice there is a thread in their forums now about this issue, so hopefully we'll get it sorted soon. Will report back here then.

Thanks all,

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

One of the devs suggested that I reinstall the 182 over the original install, and that solved the problem. AP is working just as it should now. My Windows and FSX install have been very stable for more than 18 months, and I've had very few issues with the sim or add-ons. This one was head scratcher, though. Computers... go figure.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Glad you got it figured out lol no one can figure out why computers do what they do sometimes. I had a very smooth install, ran the installer, core update, Steve's DX10 fixer, then first flight was a nice night flight from Independence KS to Grand Prairie TX which it flew like a charm.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Why is the version for P3D Professional $30 more than the standard one?
    I wondered about this myself. At a guess I'd say it's a licensing issue as the academic version is the same price as the FSX release.
    Just be glad you don't have the commercial version of P3D. The C182 for that edition costs $199.99. Ouch.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Like many new Skylane owners I decided to take delivery of my new airplane at the factory at KIDP and then fly home. My journey was almost 20 hours and 2400 miles over five legs, and took me as far north as KGTF and as far west as KHQM (Orbx NA regions). I used ASN's historical weather for last September primarily because I wanted to just enjoy my new 182T.

Once I got my install issues resolved the airplane has performed flawlessly. Great model, coupled with a simply outstanding FDE, wonderful sounds (even the prop disc sounds react to wind gusts), and of course that Accusim depth we're all getting use to over the years. The airplane is a joy to fly and interface with, and the level of immersion is far and above most other offerings.

While A2A GA aircraft are more $ than the competition, the level of quality, immersion, and attention to detail the team brings to their airplanes is truly worth the extra few bucks. A2A airplanes offer us true value!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to fly!

Greg

FYI make sure you get the latest core update 11/20/14
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=41279

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 2