A2A Cessna 182T Skylane available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A2A Cessna 182T Skylane available

A2A Cessna 182T Skylane available

Made my purchase but will be busy in meetings for the next few hours. Have fun!

https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...products_id=74

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Downloading now!
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I may even try this myself although I'm not keen on system failures. I'll have to make time if I buy
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

No TacPack supported?

; )))))
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No TacPack supported?

; )))))
    Open the window, release the rifle safety pin and

Well, I am on hold this time. 182 is not 172 of course, but I know how it will feel flying it within my FSX

but no doubt this is an amazing add on, as usual, cheers Scott
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

No TacPack supported?

; )))))
    Sure it is. Fire up TacPack and set up some hostile SAM sites! It'll get shot down the same as anything else ; )

Of course, shooting back may be an issue...

----

I'm very sure I'll be purchasing, for multiple reasons, not the least of which being that I'm an avid user of the GTN gauges. However, it'll be a bit before I do, have a lot on my plate at the moment, both inside and outside the sim!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Sure it is. Fire up TacPack and set up some hostile SAM sites! It'll get shot down the same as anything else ; )

Of course, shooting back may be an issue...
    Yes, but no RWR in the manual .

; ).

Ciao!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, but no RWR in the manual .

; ).

Ciao!
    We've implemented classic RWR system. Eyeball Mark I.

(Some may think I'm rude, but I know YoYo, and he knows I'm joking )
    Last edited by empeck; November 14th, 2014 at 11:57.

Well that was fast.

Bring on the Bonanza lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hand Towing! OMG!
    No longer with the serious flight-simmer need the slew key!

Revolutionary.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I really really don't want buyers remorse...I feel like Scott has more up his sleeve...I really don't want to buy a fixed gear Cessna if they've got a retract coming soon...but I do like all the systems features...It's a hard sell for me, because I do want to start flying something more GA, but that has system depth and is something I would fly IRL. The hand towing is a complete waste of time IMO. I have zero desire to simulate hand towing an airplane during my time to be flying...and quite honestly, if you are a RL student pilot and your reading this. Take my advice, if your flight school is charging you for simulator time in P3D and you are performing the A2A pre-flight walk around and or hand towing as part of it in the simulator...time to think about a new flight school...in all seriousness...this is cool for at home, but at the flight school level, you shouldn't be paying for that nonsense. It's expensive enough as it is. Do this at home to stay fresh..don't pay flight shcool sim-rates for anything but required instrument time. (gets down off soap box). I really do like this aircraft though. I didn't do the 172 or the PA28 (even though I have plenty of RL time in the Cherokee) mainly because I was hoping they would do the Piper Arrow or Comanche. But even still, I have flown the 182 also, and it is a gem. I think this will be my back country flyer (hopefully they release an update with tundra tires)...Well, I guess I've talked myself into it now!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    The hand towing is a complete waste of time IMO. I have zero desire to simulate hand towing an airplane during my time to be flying...and quite honestly, if you are a RL student pilot and your reading this. Take my advice, if your flight school is charging you for simulator time in P3D and you are performing the A2A pre-flight walk around and or hand towing as part of it in the simulator...time to think about a new flight school...in all seriousness...this is cool for at home, but at the flight school level, you shouldn't be paying for that nonsense. It's expensive enough as it is. Do this at home to stay fresh..don't pay flight shcool sim-rates for anything but required instrument time. (gets down off soap box).
    That stuff is purely optional and really only there for those who want to use it. You can always position a plane exactly where you want it (or even just load it up at the active runway), and as far as the walkaround goes, you can turn all that stuff off as well.

That said, I think the hand towing feature is neat. Not the first time it's been done, but neat nonetheless.

I am not the kind of simmer who buy every new product there is on the market. Actually my purchases are few and far between. But now I have been looking for a good GA aircraft. I usually fly Carenado A36 but I would prefer a high winger and lost my interest for the Carenado products because they seems to be unfinished and never get updates.

I was waiting for RealAir C172 which was cancelled. Might this A2A C182 be the one I´ve been looking for? I´ve read a lot of problems with the fps, not good. The price is high. Towing and maintenance are IMO bad ideas. How badly the fps drops down?

But, can you help me please, is there any other high quality + high wing GA on the market or on the way?

C'mon guys!
    No any screenshots of "user" till now?

I have a couple hours on the meter shooting T&G's at KIDP (GEX and UTX) with pretty busy GA traffic, and the frames have been no problem. I lock at 30 and stay at 30 with the 182.

Whether this 182 is worth the price only each buyer can decide. I own too many Carenado/Alabeo aircraft, and for the prices of their current offerings compared to the 182, the latter wins hands down... far more value in the A2A GA birds. Great modeling, great systems and depth (for those who like that sort of thing... the pre-flight, maintenance, tow bar, etc. can be bypassed), great flight dynamics. I passed on the 172 but own the Cherokee, and both it and the 182 have something no Carenado/Alabeo aircraft has... character. The A2A GA aircraft feel like airplanes... the Carenado/Alabeo can be nice, but they feel like "sim" airplanes.

HTH

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Anything from A2A has been a sure buy from me, but this one I don't know about. 95% of my flying is done in the cockpit view, this looks too much like the 172. I have too many Cessna's already.
    There has been talk of A2A updating the 182 with a Tundra and Float package, if that happens, I will buy it for sure.

Here are some pictures:

It's an excellent aircraft especially in combination with Flight1's GTN 750 :-)

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Nice pics Tim! I'm flying your cherokee repaint right now in p3d!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I really had no idea an A2A 182 was in the works! It looks particularly tempting with the F1 GTN750 installed. Although I think I'll wait this one out until (if) they release the Commanche or similar. I already have the 172 & Cherokee, and I'm honestly not sure how much use the 182 would get...particularly since I already have the F1 T182T, which I barely ever use.

There has been talk of A2A updating the 182 with a Tundra and Float package, if that happens, I will buy it for sure.
    +1
    -Mark

Why is the version for P3D Professional $30 more than the standard one?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Well I told myself I was going to wait for awhile, since I have enough other stuff on the go. But, er, it just didn't happen. My wallet snuck out of my back pocket, and let my credit card have access to the keyboard while I wasn't looking.

Spent a couple of hours in it on and off over the course of the day and I'm really, really pleased. It feels absolutely wonderful in the air, everything works perfectly, it sounds gorgeous... very, very well done. The immersion that the soundset lends to the simulation can not be overstated. From all the switches sounding just so, to the sound of the starter when it's cranking over, to even the fuel pump sound responding to a decreasing battery level when you're having trouble trying to start it.

While I'm the wrong person to speak for it's authenticity, it handles quite convincingly in the air. Landing is a bit to get used to, pretty easy to land a bit harder than you want. My first landing had a few jarring bounces. Did okay on my next few, made more interesting by a ten knot crosswind where I was flying.

One thing that I was pumped about was the GTN integration, which works rather nicely. However, the GTN has a bit of a washed out look - not the fault of A2A. Hopefully Flight1 can put in the ability to adjust the brightness now that people are going to be starting to use the gauge in VC's.

And the hand towing thing, while not everyone's cup of tea perhaps, works really, really slick. I'm the type of guy that likes to do a full startup and shutdown with GA planes, right down to removing the pilot when able and panning around the plane at the end of the flight. I can see me getting lots of use of the tow feature, since it'll let me back into an open hanger or park backed up to the edge of an apron rather nicely.

The only thing that is perhaps a bit sad is that unless you really have a soft spot for 172s, it's unlikely you'll ever pull that one out of the hangar. This 182 is, in my opinion, quite a bit more polished than the 172, and flies with quite a bit more character. Combine that with more options for GPS units, and I might as well uninstall the 172.

Edit: Oh and it would indeed seem that the reports of an FPS hit with this are really a user specific thing. I noticed no hit at all over and above the Cherokee or the 172.

I just made my first cross country after taking delivery at KIDP. I usually don't like flying GA into large airports but decided to test for frame rates on this flight. I don't have any large airport add-ons, but suffered no noticeable frame rate loss at KDEN... maybe 2-3 frames is all. KDEN wasn't quite as smooth as most smaller airports but certainly not ugly. I use FS Genesis mesh and Orbx Regions. I must be one of the lucky ones who isn't having a problem with frame rates and the 182.

Not so lucky with the systems though. Everything worked fine except the AP. HDG, NAV, APR, Alt Hold... all of it was nonop. I could dial in the target altitude and that's it. All the other avionics work without problems. Had to hand fly almost 450 miles but with the 182's flight dynamics that wasn't too bad. Also, aren't the circuit breakers suppose to work on this bird? Not on mine. Can someone confirm that the 182 has functioning CB's?

Greg

Did you hold the AP master button a few seconds to engage it?

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    Not so lucky with the systems though. Everything worked fine except the AP. HDG, NAV, APR, Alt Hold... all of it was nonop. I could dial in the target altitude and that's it. All the other avionics work without problems.
    It might be worth posting on the A2A boards about your issue; when I was reading the boards there yesterday, I didn't see any major issues being reported such as that. During my flights yesterday I had engaged the AP into ROL and V/S mode, but that's it.

Members who have read this thread: 2