Keys for MJ C47

Thread: Keys for MJ C47

Keys for MJ C47

When I press the SHIFT + 5 key, it is supposedly for keys, I get nothing. I am trying to find the radio stack for the MJ C47 V2.

Attachment 14873

IIRC, radios are tunable by clicking on the face of the (Simflyers?) GPS (after you've turned it on, of course - avionics master on, then right click on the power button).

Am not 100 percent sure since I haven't used the original VC in a while (have been using the interim virtual VC for a couple of months). Am hoping that if I'm wrong, others will step in and set me (and the OP) right.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    IIRC, radios are tunable by clicking on the face of the (Simflyers?) GPS (after you've turned it on, of course - avionics master on, then right click on the power button).

Am not 100 percent sure since I haven't used the original VC in a while (have been using the interim virtual VC for a couple of months). Am hoping that if I'm wrong, others will step in and set me (and the OP) right.
    You are correct.
    Al

I managed to find the radio and dial in a diff freq and that squelched the weather dude.

Still would like to know what SHIFT + 5 is suppose to do.

It seems to be required to inhibit the
    CTRL+E engine start function.
    You can try toggling the window and
    see for yourself.
    For me, one way CTRL+E works and
    the other it does not and the proper start
    procedure is both required and works as
    it should.

Regards,
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I managed to find the radio and dial in a diff freq and that squelched the weather dude.
    Still would like to know what SHIFT + 5 is suppose to do.
    I don't have the exact same setup you do as I'm just flying the stock C-47 V2. The VC that comes with that is all I need. It does however have Shift+4 setup for "keys". If you click on the "View" drop down in the sim and select "Instruments" it doesn't show, so my guess here is that it isn't supposed to do anything. It would have been nice to have that explained and since no one has answered that specific question, I assume no one else knows either, but my guess is it is simply a dead selection that can be changed to support another pop-up. In your case "Radios". If you have FSPanel Studio it's a simple process, if not and someone else has produced a pop-up for the radio's maybe they can give you the lines necessary to add to your panel.cfg file.

Also, the apparent answer to your original query (I'm trying to find the Radio Stack) is that there is no Radio Stack. The author figured that the radios in the VC were accessible enough that one wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    since no one has answered that specific question
    Please see the post above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    It seems to be required to inhibit the
    CTRL+E engine start function.
    You can try toggling the window and
    see for yourself.
    For me, one way CTRL+E works and
    the other it does not and the proper start
    procedure is both required and works as
    it should.

Regards,
    Nick.

Okay... I get impression that SHIFT + 5 will not allow the traditional CTRL + E to start. Well...., when I used the SHIFT + 5 keys, it will start with CTRL + E no matter what.
    i.e. the (Panel 5) doesn't have effect nor any window nor anything that I can see or experience iow, nada, zip, zilch.

So maybe it was intended to show or do something but is now mute. I kinda think that the panel 5 could of been reprogrammed to do something or functional in some manner.
    But it sure doesn't effect my CTRL + E startup as I can start it with those key regardless (At least for me anyway).

. . . . . . . . .
    So maybe it was intended to show or do something but is now mute. I kinda think that the panel 5 could of been reprogrammed to do something or functional in some manner.
    But it sure doesn't effect my CTRL + E startup as I can start it with those key regardless (At least for me anyway).
    Which is basically what I said in my post above.

Here's one I've made up that combines all the radios. . .if it's something you're interested in let me know and I'll post the zip.

Here's one I've made up that combines all the radios. . .if it's something you're interested in let me know and I'll post the zip.

Falcon,

I sure am interested. Sorry for late reply. Went to Applebee's for free vet day dinner.

That looks good what you did. Pls post what you made and thanks and happy veterans day to you and all the vets here at SOH!!.

Falcon,
    I sure am interested. Sorry for late reply. Went to Applebee's for free vet day dinner.
    That looks good what you did. Pls post what you made and thanks and happy veterans day to you and all the vets here at SOH!!.
    Thanks and same to you! Here is the text you should add to your panel.cfg file:

Falcon,

Those two bottom panels do not show when I applied your 'fix", both left and right upper boxes show.

(The Bendix radios) I'll check to see if they are installed, should be as I remember seeing them in other aircraft panels.

gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 9,177,309,71 -
    gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 8,251,308,78 -
    gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 8,332,308,73 -
    gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 327,323,307,82 -
    gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 326,236,309,86 - These are not showing. I assume these are stock FSX gauges.

Falcon,

Those two bottom panels do not show when I applied your 'fix", both left and right upper boxes show.

(The Bendix radios) I'll check to see if they are installed, should be as I remember seeing them in other aircraft panels.

gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 9,177,309,71 -
    gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 8,251,308,78 -
    gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 8,332,308,73 -
    gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 327,323,307,82 -
    gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 326,236,309,86 - These are not showing. I assume these are stock FSX gauges.
    I didn't add any additional radios. Everything was just transferred from the panel folder to the pop-up. This was the base installation of the C-47 v2. . .no additions or updates added. If you've changed VC's or done any updates over and above the base installation then that's probably why the radios are missing. Still they're stock radios that should always be in your gauges folder.

I didn't add any additional radios. Everything was just transferred from the panel folder to the pop-up. This was the base installation of the C-47 v2. . .no additions or updates added. If you've changed VC's or done any updates over and above the base installation then that's probably why the radios are missing. Still they're stock radios that should always be in your gauges folder.
    Falcon,

Belay my last ^^^^ The radios in question where missing and I managed to restore them. Everything is A - OK.

This file will restore missing gauges in FSX; a small free utility that will restore all your gauges and effects of origin

http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/8/256

Members who have read this thread: 4