Razbam a-7e fde - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Razbam a-7e fde

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Attached the pack 1 (A-7D/E/H) FDE update which includes all mods which were mentioned in this thread + more, thanks for all the feedback! With the kind help from a fellow member, I am working on the pack 2 A-7A/B FDE now.
    Thank you for the FDE update, like it much more than the inital one. There is one issue left which is the turbine outlet temperature. Is it just the one value
    in the airfile (EGT)? Have adjusted this one and temp is more close to the red line at full thrust, however changes in temperature are too rapidly. Any idea?
    best regards, thomas

Quote Originally Posted by narah View Post
    Thank you for the FDE update, like it much more than the inital one. There is one issue left which is the turbine outlet temperature. Is it just the one value
    in the airfile (EGT)? Have adjusted this one and temp is more close to the red line at full thrust, however changes in temperature are too rapidly. Any idea?
    best regards, thomas
    I only adjusted the AIR file EGT scalar (rec 540) from 1.00 -> 0.94 to make it slightly less sensitive for overtemp engine stall.
    I did not touch the EGT rate of change ( = 2.0 ), maybe you can try to lower this value ?

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Is there possibly a suggestion to lessen the problem with overly sensitive pitch response? NC
    Paul K / NC, attached a revised FDE with simplified pitch-trim dynamics; can you try it and let me know what you think about it ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for taking a look a the EGT, I can't see RW SLUF drivers having to hawk the gauge anytime one goes to full mil power. I am glad it was included in the model, much like the other details, but it's a pain to come off target waiting for a master warning.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Paul K / NC, attached a revised FDE with simplified pitch-trim dynamics; can you try it and let me know what you think about it ?
    Thanks for this. What exactly did you change in the aircraft.cfg? Mine is customized for my set up and dont want to just overwrite my cfg. prefer to cut and paste your amendment.

Eric

Thank you very much! I will check it out later this afternoon (if someone has not already done so, and reported their findings).

Am off to the commissary. NC

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Thanks for this. What exactly did you change in the aircraft.cfg? Mine is customized for my set up and dont want to just overwrite my cfg. prefer to cut and paste your amendment.
    Eric
    [GeneralEngineData]
    engine_type = 1
    Engine.0 = -17.52, 0.0, 0.0 ;-17.52, 0.0, 0.60
    fuel_flow_scalar = 1.00 ;0.775
    min_throttle_limit = 0.00 ;0.05

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0
    induced_drag_scalar = 1.0
    elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
    pitch_stability = 1.0
    roll_stability = 1.0
    yaw_stability = 1.0
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0 ;3.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0

[GeneralEngineData]
    engine_type = 1
    Engine.0 = -17.52, 0.0, 0.0 ;-17.52, 0.0, 0.60
    fuel_flow_scalar = 1.00 ;0.775
    min_throttle_limit = 0.00 ;0.05

[flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0
    parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0
    induced_drag_scalar = 1.0
    elevator_effectiveness = 1.0
    aileron_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_effectiveness = 1.0
    pitch_stability = 1.0
    roll_stability = 1.0
    yaw_stability = 1.0
    elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0 ;3.0
    aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0
    Awesome. Thanks again!

Eric

Obviously I have a problem. Can't find where the error is in the .cfg file though. NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error in FSX.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	15317

Obviously I have a problem. Can't find where the error is in the .cfg file though. NC
    Looks like the air file reference for the selected livery in the Aircraft.cfg is wrong, must be sim=A-7v3

edit: Might be my mistake, I did not correctly update the README

Chief, it's likely the changed airfile, in this case the previous being sim=A-7v2 & you'll need to update all the individual entries to sim=A-7v3.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Chief, it's likely the changed airfile, in this case the previous being sim=A-7v2 & you'll need to update all the individual entries to sim=A-7v3.

Thanks, that was it. Ya know, it's always the easy stuff. I had forgotten to paste the updated airfile as you said. Duh.... Thanks! NC

Although the sensitivity of pitch-trim is improved, I am noticing the aircraft requires way too much flap and runway length to take off now. NC

Although the sensitivity of pitch-trim is improved, I am noticing the aircraft requires way too much flap and runway length to take off now. NC
    Put in a few notches of up trim on take off?

Thanks very much for that. I'll have some time later this week to try it out, and I'll report back then.

Okay, I've had time to try v3 of the FDE, and once again, thanks for taking the time to look into this. Unfortunately, the inability to settle the aircraft into level flight persists. What I expect to happen is that for a fixed throttle setting - the aircraft noses up, the speed decreases, the lift decreases and so the nose then angles down, and the aircraft starts to descend ... as a result of that , the speed increases, lift increases, and the aircraft starts to ascend again. I believe the correct aerodynamic term for this oscillation is phugoid, or fugoid.

The problem with the A-7 ( and the A-6 and EA-6B too ) is that this oscillation doesn't seem to happen. You set the trim upwards, and it might pitch up for a while, lose speed, then pitch down and although the airspeed then increases, it just keeps heading downwards. You then have to adjust the pitch trim up by a notch, then another notch..and another...and before you know it, you are in a constant climb. It's just constant 'trim up' and 'trim down' and can not be set to fly level. I haven't come across this sort of issue with other models.

So, thanks for your efforts, but the A-7 remains too much of a chore to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Okay, I've had time to try v3 of the FDE, and once again, thanks for taking the time to look into this. Unfortunately, the inability to settle the aircraft into level flight persists. What I expect to happen is that for a fixed throttle setting - the aircraft noses up, the speed decreases, the lift decreases and so the nose then angles down, and the aircraft starts to descend ... as a result of that , the speed increases, lift increases, and the aircraft starts to ascend again. I believe the correct aerodynamic term for this oscillation is phugoid, or fugoid.

The problem with the A-7 ( and the A-6 and EA-6B too ) is that this oscillation doesn't seem to happen. You set the trim upwards, and it might pitch up for a while, lose speed, then pitch down and although the airspeed then increases, it just keeps heading downwards. You then have to adjust the pitch trim up by a notch, then another notch..and another...and before you know it, you are in a constant climb. It's just constant 'trim up' and 'trim down' and can not be set to fly level. I haven't come across this sort of issue with other models.

So, thanks for your efforts, but the A-7 remains too much of a chore to use.
    Paul, thanks for the feedback! Unless someone else has a solution, I will not further pursue this.

cheers, Henk.

The problem with the A-7 ( and the A-6 and EA-6B too ) is that this oscillation doesn't seem to happen.
    Best description yet of the issue with the original FDE for these three Razbam aircraft. I am finding the work done on the A-7 in this thread makes it satisfactory now for most ops (launch, trap and AP).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

This was a great thread to read. I haven't installed any of the A-7 packs on the new PC. I was never pleased with them on the old PC so hadn't bothered. But now I think I will and then will go back through the thread and apply the changes. Thanks everyone for keeping the conversation going and especially for the contributions.

Pack 2 (A-7A/B) FDE update is ready; I uploaded it to the Warbirds Library together with the FDE updates for pack 1 (A-7D/E/H).
    For those who installed the previous pack 1 v2 FDE which was attached to this thread on Nov 16: The latest changes in the Aircraft.cfg are listed in the README text.

Last edited by hschuit; November 23rd, 2014 at 08:37.

Panel "D"

Gotta question:
    I installed above in my A& Pack 2 and noticed one of the liveries is calling on a panel "D" which is not in my wheel house (Folder)

[fltsim.5]
    title= A-7D Corsair II 174h
    sim=A-7v2
    model=2
    panel=D <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HUH?
    sound=
    texture=174th
    kb_checklists=a7_check
    kb_reference=a7_ref
    atc_airline=United States Air Force
    atc_flight_number=215
    ui_manufacturer=Vought
    ui_type=A-7 Corsair II
    ui_variation=174thTFS, 185th TFG,Sioux City
    description=
    ui_createdby="RAZBAM"
    atc_heavy=0
    visual_damage= 1

[fltsim.6]
    title= A-7D Corsair II 149th
    sim=A-7v2
    model=2
    panel=D <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HUH?
    sound=
    texture=149th
    kb_checklists=a7_check
    kb_reference=a7_ref
    atc_airline=United States Air Force
    atc_flight_number=197
    ui_manufacturer=Vought
    ui_type=A-7 Corsair II
    ui_variation=149thTFS,Virginia ANG
    description=
    ui_createdby="RAZBAM"
    atc_heavy=0
    visual_damage= 1

Which corsair package uses a panel "D"?

The reference to panel.D is from the aircraft.cfg file dated Apr 11, 2011 in the pack 1 - 1.20 patch, at least that is what I found in my archived files... Maybe I changed it myself, can't remember. The problem is that these patches do not seem to be available on the Razbam site anymore and I also read on their forum that some vendors still sell older versions.

The reference to panel.D is from the aircraft.cfg file dated Apr 11, 2011 in the pack 1 - 1.20 patch, at least that is what I found in my archived files... Maybe I changed it myself, can't remember. The problem is that these patches do not seem to be available on the Razbam site anymore and I also read on their forum that some vendors still sell older versions.
    Razbams quality and version control on this stuff has been dodgy. I also am not convinced they have the right cockpit models with the right aircraft. Either that, or the screen shots in their manual show a D model cockpit instead of an E...and vice versa.

My copy of Pack 1 has five models and three panel configs in the standard folder - a "D", an "H" and the default "E".
    It always has had since I bought it.

If yours doesn't, perhaps you should contact RAZBAM for an update?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thanks PRB - I figured either you, NC, or Eric could set me straight on that scheme ... just love it, even smarter than the already sharp-looking brown one ...

dl

PS: AHA!! Success ... my google foo was weak ... finally found a real pic ... and I agree that the middle shade should be blue, not grey - your memory was bang on.

That is actually a gray shade. 3 separate shades total.
    Windows 10 64bit v1703 Build15063.138
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i5 2500K
    G-Skill 16GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    XFX HD Radeon 7870DD 256bit 2GBGDDR5 (Crimson 17.4.3)
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    WD 1TB SATA3 (OS)
    WD 1TB SATA3 (P3D)
    Hitachi 1TB SATA3 (Steam)
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Antec 650w PSU

Members who have read this thread: 2