A2A Accu-Sim Skylane 18...WOW!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A2A Accu-Sim Skylane 18...WOW!!!

A2A Accu-Sim Skylane 18...WOW!!!

Just incredible! How real can it get! Soon to be released.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

One day I'll have to buy one of the accusim airplanes.
    So much passion that is in their work!!!

All of the A2A planes are amazing, the new 182T Skylane looks as if it will take it up another notch. Will be a must have in my hanger.

I really like A2A, I own four products with accusim (five if you count P3D Cherokee), but this is a pass. Just another slow plane argh. I was totally expecting a v tail bonanza based on that Cherokee wing video. If the option came up if gladly sell my c172 for their 182 (or pay a little more). The 182 isn't much faster.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Lots of cool goodies coming with this one, including lots of avionics GPS options for the third party types.

Ryan, if you haven't see if you can get some time in a 182 you will be as shocked as we were when thinking its similar to a 172.

cheers,
    Lewis

Blog Entries
    AWESOME!!!! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better Scott and company do it again.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I wrote up more at Avsim - I agree there are some differences that would be important in RW - but it's not the plane in looking for. I didn't watch the video yet but will it have GTN750 support?

nm I see it will feature GTN support based on your forums. That helps a bit
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Yes it will have Flight1 GTN support for both units, and Mindstar GNS support and for the FSX version RXP too. And I believe you're a HSI user too ryan so i'll also mention this is also an option too, hot swappable within the sim.

cheers,
    Lewis

I passed on the 172, bought the Cherokee... and the 182T when it arrives. The moment it arrives.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Its a great choice, I was expecting a V-35 too, but a 182 makes sense. Bush pilots finally get a legit accusimmed bush plane, especially with tundra tires and potential for floats down the road. The 182 airframe, like the PA-28 offers lots of room for expansion....ie RG, Turbo, floats, tundra...etc.

I know the high performance single will be great, but in perspective, going from a 172 to Comanche is like going from a Corolla to a Ford Mustang....its a nice jump....but you already have a real Ferrari in the garage in the form of a Civil P-51. Getting the 182 is like getting a Jeep Cherokee or something lol.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Its a great choice, I was expecting a V-35 too, but a 182 makes sense. Bush pilots finally get a legit accusimmed bush plane, especially with tundra tires and potential for floats down the road. The 182 airframe, like the PA-28 offers lots of room for expansion....ie RG, Turbo, floats, tundra...etc.

I know the high performance single will be great, but in perspective, going from a 172 to Comanche is like going from a Corolla to a Ford Mustang....its a nice jump....but you already have a real Ferrari in the garage in the form of a Civil P-51. Getting the 182 is like getting a Jeep Cherokee or something lol.

Cheers
    TJ
    Lol, a Jeep Cherokee that you don't mind putting into that PNW dirt strip for a little camping

Didn't they own a RL Comanche at A2A - I could go for one of those.

Yes they do. Hopefully they will do one eventually

Not my cup of tea, so I'll pass on this one. I'm sure it will be great model and simulation though.

I commented on their Facebook page that I was a little burned out on Cessna on the whole...but I might have to eat my shorts because I watched the video on my 37" when I got home and man its amazing. I don't own any A2A GA aircraft so this would be the first buy for me...I noticed that they have standard gauges but the one they were flight testing was G1000 equipped. I wish they would do a FPS friendly g1000 version also. One other thing I noticed in the final view of the c182 at the very end of the video there is a single pilot with a hat...is that Scott? Looked a lot like him! Those sly dogs!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

More money to be spent to A2A! I simply just can not avoid buying this. The Skylane is the plane I wish to own some day. Simple, powerful, well equipped, goes anywhere and is made of good old aluminium, not carbon stuff.

oh dear, another Cessna. I'll pass.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    That was my first thought as well. But I was also disappointed when I saw their announcement for the C172 and the PA-28. And now these two are my favorites

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Blog Entries
    OH NO Jankees, this is not just another Cessna. This an accusimmed real live bush plane that pushes all the limitations of FSX and beyond. A bush pilot's dream and as soon as I can afford it on my SS check I will get this ONE! If you have ever flown a real 172, this is the one high-wing that most pilots want to upgrade to. Scott and team have outdone themselves on this baby.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Wondering if a float version is in the works? Please!

Never say never Jan......then again, I'm not that fond of anything 'acusimmed' but I'll see how this turns out, a decent 182 is something that I could use.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Usually, I am not a big fan of GA aircraft, but this is one impressive piece of work. Working on FDE's for various aircraft I know what goes into producing a first rate profile and A2A has some pretty advanced modeling and physics going on.
    Very impressive. I think I might just pick this one up when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Great news!

But Iwant a Cessna C177
    I would rather have a C-185. A2A needs to make a good Bush plane. The closest they have come is the Cub, but it's way too slow.

this is a bush plane - a real good bush plane..the only thing missing is another wing, and a round motor..

In a perfect world, A2A would be able to acquire the source code from Javis of the N3N and finish it off by accusimming the bejeebers out of it

now THAT would be something.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 3