Beta of T-6B Texan II released

Thread: Beta of T-6B Texan II released

Beta of T-6B Texan II released

Payware but open beta of Texan II of IRIS:

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...products_id=44

"Early Access gets you straight into the development builds of the T-6B Texan II, and gets you dual licence copies of P3D 2 and FSX for the price of a single licence copy!"
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo (or Smudge if you're around) - The T-6B from Iris when FSX first came out was a spectacular aircraft. That plane and the Aerosoft F-16 were the best (at that time...and still pretty good). Is this an update like incorporating PC-21 stuff, etc. or will this be a completely new offering? Any "deals" for 'old T-6B' owners? TIA.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Thanks for the hu.

40 bucks, this must be good
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Can someone post shots? I'm unlikely to buy without shots
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Oh I'm dumb... I didn't see the media tab on my mobile when I was looking.... drrrrrr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The T-6A was the one released when FSX first came out, since then the US Navy worked with Beechraft on the T-6B which features amongst other changes, the addition of a full glass cockpit (6 MFD's), a HUD unit and an Up-Front Control Panel (UFCP) to bring it into line with modern day fighter aircraft and more in line with the specific training requirements of the Navy.

For our part, this is a whole new product, like the PC-9 before it. New model, artwork, flight model, audio, systems etc. The two aircraft are quite different, and whilst still in the developmental stages, we've been getting a lot of support from T-6B Pilots doing Primary Flight Training at Whiting Field who also want to see us do a faithful simulation of the aircraft to assist in their classroom (or non-classroom) training.

As for media, I've put a link to the work in progress page at http://irissi.ms/1t7n0I1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smudge

I have been trying to register at your forums but a page consistently crashes.

I need to confirm my order number for the T-6B Texan II so I can get the updates.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Didn't notice Iris offers 25% sale ... and happy 5th wedding anniversary for David & Karen of IRIS By the way, who are they?
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

For those who don't know, David is me, and owner of IRIS Flight Simulation Software... Karen is my wife..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ow. OKay heheh. May each of you receive all the joy and peace you can find.

And thanks for the outstanding addons

Happy Anniversary Smudge and Ms. Smudge

And thanks for the clarification David...I should have known that..duh! Of course, when I was in NAVTRACON they weren't even using T-34Cs yet. My friends when right into T-28s (T-34Bs were being phased out) and I was in the NFO track starting in "Tubby Twos". But I digress.

Good luck on the T-6B. I'll keep an eye on the development, but for now I'm going to hold off until it is farther along. (The T-6A and PC-21 are both quite good and tough acts to follow!)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Version 0.2.141216.2245 was uploaded to the server last night!

It's now mostly complete with the exception of a few missing items needing addressing, some additional paints added and a manual being written.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Totally new aircraft to the original... Awesome to boot

Though the TacPack AT-6 is a seperate produce scheduled for later next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That RNZAF livery is stunning ! Mike

Version 0.2.141217.1128 is now available

Version 0.2.141217.1128 is now available to download from the IRIS Store. This version addresses the following items:

• Canopy fracture system visibility tags removed.
    • Digital Clock now shows amber with instrument lights on.
    • Digital Clock now back-lit during day and night for improved visibility.
    • Rear seat textures and lighting improved.
    • Mexican Air Force paint-scheme added.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2828...96507/?fref=nf
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Noob Question

So, having bought their original T-6 so many years ago and loved it in all of simplicity, it became dated and lost interest in it. Now, with the release of the PC-9, PC-21 and I thought the T-6A, aren't these all really just the same aircraft, just different power plants and avionics. I'm really not trying to do an over-simplistic comparison, but if I own the PC-21, what's really the difference? I did see Tac Pack mentioned as a follow on product, and that has an appeal, but is this newest model that much different than those described above?

Thanks and sincerely, not trying to be difficult, but they all really do have some very similar lines and roles, just looking for clarification.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post

Totally new aircraft to the original... Awesome to boot
    How do you have the armed version?
    Miro

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, AMD (GigaByte) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon SoundCard, GigaByte FX-990GAUD, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

To Stryker: Are F14s, Mig 27s, Tornados all just the same aircraft? I mean, similar roles, appearance,... see what I mean?

Similar but quite different lines if you look at them, and while yes, all trainers, they are rather unique in their own ways. Different avionics suites, different airforces use different onces... It all depends really.

They are certainly lightyears ahead of the old T6II, which is now freeware...isn't it? They're a lot newer, better systems, far better textures and modeling, a newer generation of fsx aircraft. Are they all the same? Ask that to the thousands of literally identical 737 marks released, companies that have made every variant and model of spitfire? People want specific things... not everyone will buy all 3, or want all 3, options is options. Simmers have personal favorites!

Mirage: I threw paint at the T6-II for Iris, (paint schemes) I didn't realize we weren't releasing the AT6-II at the same time, (Sorry David)

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    To Stryker: Are F14s, Mig 27s, Tornados all just the same aircraft? I mean, similar roles, appearance,... see what I mean?

Similar but quite different lines if you look at them, and while yes, all trainers, they are rather unique in their own ways. Different avionics suites, different airforces use different onces... It all depends really.

They are certainly lightyears ahead of the old T6II, which is now freeware...isn't it? They're a lot newer, better systems, far better textures and modeling, a newer generation of fsx aircraft. Are they all the same? Ask that to the thousands of literally identical 737 marks released, companies that have made every variant and model of spitfire? People want specific things... not everyone will buy all 3, or want all 3, options is options. Simmers have personal favorites!
    Firekitten, I guess what I was driving at, is since all 3 of these, T-6B Texan II, PC21 and the PC9 are all from the same developer, what's the difference between the three? I have the PC21, love it! Much better textures, FDE and systems. It's a great looking addition, one I would have bought before the PC21, but the PC21 caught my eye and the T-6B was of mention for the future. Is there anything in the T-6B that really would sway me as a potential purchaser, to add to my collection? Again, I see the mention of Tac Pack and making it a COIN type aircraft or basic weapons trainer, but if that's the only difference, I would probably just stay with the PC21. I guess to quote you, are the avionics totally different in the T6B vs the PC21 or just modest differences? Is there more potential in the avionics to replicate an accurate COIN aircraft?

Anyway, not wanting to derail the thread too much. It's a nice looking bird and I'll continue to keep an eye on it. It's got my attention but missing the "Wow! Gotta have it now!" factor at the moment, for me. Keep posting the great looking screen shots though and I can be convinced. Thanks for sharing what's been shown thus far.

Matt

It'll be half price between the 21-28th December, so grab it then..

Truth be told, the PC-21/PC-9 and T-6B are similar insofar as they're all Turboprop trainers.

The PC-21 is against the T-6B in a number of markets so they're similar in content, though the AT-6 features COIN capabilities but we're not planning that until next year.

The PC-9 whilst a fantastic simulation, is an older aircraft than the T-6B. I often think the PC-21 is a Ferrari, whereas the T-6B is your all American muscle car

Personally, the T-6B has a lot going for it if you're from a country who is likely to use it (US, UK etc) whereas the PC-21 is the same but for the European market. Each to their own really, both products have our heart and soul poured into them.. Just up to you on what subject matter you prefer. We have a number of US Navy pilots who're really happy with what we've done with this plane, and though we could have added more (but can't due to security concerns), there's still enough there to keep the majority of IRIS customers happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    It'll be half price between the 21-28th December, so grab it then..

Truth be told, the PC-21/PC-9 and T-6B are similar insofar as they're all Turboprop trainers.

The PC-21 is against the T-6B in a number of markets so they're similar in content, though the AT-6 features COIN capabilities but we're not planning that until next year.

The PC-9 whilst a fantastic simulation, is an older aircraft than the T-6B. I often think the PC-21 is a Ferrari, whereas the T-6B is your all American muscle car

Personally, the T-6B has a lot going for it if you're from a country who is likely to use it (US, UK etc) whereas the PC-21 is the same but for the European market. Each to their own really, both products have our heart and soul poured into them.. Just up to you on what subject matter you prefer. We have a number of US Navy pilots who're really happy with what we've done with this plane, and though we could have added more (but can't due to security concerns), there's still enough there to keep the majority of IRIS customers happy.
    Thanks David, that was more the answer I was seeking. When you mention the Tac Pack and the planned schedule, will this be a free upgrade/patch or an entirely different aircraft release? If it's a separate release, I would probably wait until that release and in the interim, fly the PC21 till it's released. I would very much like to fly around doing COIN style missions and hopefully by then, FSX@war has matured and given a decent environment to implement all the capabilities of the Tac Pack.

Thanks for the update and glad to see you refining what initially brought you into my hangar.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 6