New D.H. 83 Fox Moth! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New D.H. 83 Fox Moth!

ZK-ADI now completed and uploaded to FlightSim.com in both FS2004 and FSX versions. A few more to come!

Dave Molyneaux has re-issued his Gemini and will follow with the Messenger and then hopefully all the Auster aircraft previously only available on the now-defunct BritSim. I will update and release the paints I have done for all his aircraft, as he releases them. This means I have to revisit and revise them as they were my early repaint attempts!

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8763870.jpg  

The only Fox Moth to serve in the Royal New Zealand Air Force!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8986343.jpg  

You realise you can fit 12 crates of beer (full size bottles) in the front cockpit and still loop the plane OK. True. My (sadly deceased) mate owned ADI back in the 70's (when it was still ZK-ASP) and was the one who took it to the US (and sold it there). Just think a big Tiger Moth with a cabin. Hence my interest in the planes.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryJSmith
    No Worries - just my FS focus
    I'd like to be able to do this, but - ability sorely lacking, I'm afraid. I'm just grateful there are talented people out there with the passion and skill who can do all this. They have my moral support, if nothing else. (although I might retire one day and try my hand....)

Awesome paints, lovely to see ZK-ADI and NZ566, thanks Peter!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    ...... the now-defunct BritSim.
    It is that official then Peter, is BritSim now gone for good? Dreadful shame if it has not just because we have lost so much wonderful work from so many talented people, but because it means the lowlife hackers won the day. But I guess, at the end of the day, there is only so much an Otter can do to stem the tide before he becomes a very unhappy otter. :-(

Having said which ..... many thanks to Dave for making these gems available again; and not just making them available, but revamping them and improving on perfection!! And thanks to you for the wonderful new clothes, not only for these models but for all you have done .... even on the Dark Side.
    Andy

Its surprising how good it looks in military paint!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    It is that official then Peter, is BritSim now gone for good? Dreadful shame if it has not just because we have lost so much wonderful work from so many talented people, but because it means the lowlife hackers won the day. But I guess, at the end of the day, there is only so much an Otter can do to stem the tide before he becomes a very unhappy otter. :-(

Having said which ..... many thanks to Dave for making these gems available again; and not just making them available, but revamping them and improving on perfection!! And thanks to you for the wonderful new clothes, not only for these models but for all you have done .... even on the Dark Side.
    Andy, only Rob English(the Happy Otter) can say for certain if BritSim will return. I am aware that he has a very exacting job as a Police Helicopter crew member and also has a lot going on in his private life. The BritSim site needs to be totally re-created and needs a lot of work that Rob has to balance with his RW priorities. Fear not, the majority of the BritSim files are held by the motley crew and are not lost!

Returning to the Fox Moth, I have just uploaded ZK-AGM to FlightSim.com.

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1972367.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Awesome paints, lovely to see ZK-ADI and NZ566, thanks Peter!
    Just a couple more Kiwi paints to do then I will move on to Oz examples and perhaps Canadian after that!

Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by kikas View Post
    Its surprising how good it looks in military paint!
    NZ566 was camouflaged during the War but I do not have sufficient info on the camo pattern and I will not put a fictional scheme on it - I'll leave that to others!

Peter W

Andy, only Rob English(the Happy Otter) can say for certain if BritSim will return. I am aware that he has a very exacting job as a Police Helicopter crew member and also has a lot going on in his private life. The BritSim site needs to be totally re-created and needs a lot of work that Rob has to balance with his RW priorities. Fear not, the majority of the BritSim files are held by the motley crew and are not lost!
    Thanks for the reply Peter. Guess I assumed from your comment that you had heard something from Rob, that'll teach me!! I guess the fact that even the holding page has now gone filled me with despondency.

I hope one day we will see the return of the Pond, and it would be nice to think that Rob knows how much support he has in the community, people who would (I'm sure) be willing to help him shoulder the load if they could.
    Andy

Another Kiwi paint!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2603422.jpg  

Neat! Thanks Peter! I presume the next Kiwi repaint will be another one of ZK-ASP in a postwar NAC scheme?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Neat! Thanks Peter! I presume the next Kiwi repaint will be another one of ZK-ASP in a postwar NAC scheme?
    I covered the NAC scheme with ZK-AGM Mark so the final Kiwi paint will be the restored ZK-AEK before it was sold to Canada and given a C- registration (I only paint CF- Canadian aircraft, the C-F and C-G registering irritates me almost as much as New Zealand painting only the last three letters of a registration!).
    Will move on to Oz paints next.

Peter W
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17466792.jpg  

Beautiful paint Peter, thanks! I'd forgotten about ZK-AEK!
    Mark

Charter Member 2011
    Another Kiwi paint!
    Many thanks for the plane and these repaints chaps... we had a little nostalgic make-believe fly-in at NZPP.
    Each one has a whole lot of history.

First of the Oz paints! Royal Flying Doctor Service.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29643263.jpg  

I'm glad I produced all three cockpit varients Peter. Keep up the good work !
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    I'm glad I produced all three cockpit varients Peter. Keep up the good work !
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)
    Cheers Dave. Without your canvas, I could not do the painting! Now that you are visiting de Havilland, a Hornet Moth or DH84 Dragon would be nice!! Just joking, I know you have your own schedule!

Have now uploaded the second Oz paint, now available at FlightSim.com.

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12011250.jpg  

Peter, didn't Frank Elton make a Hornet Moth?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Peter, didn't Frank Elton make a Hornet Moth?
    Yes he did Andy, and I have done a number of repaints. However, the texture mapping for the wings is a nightmare for repainters- one texture covers both upper and lower surfaces and this actually prevented me from painting the camouflaged Shuttleworth example! His Leopard Moth has similar texture mapping 'oddities' which have prevented several schemes being completed. Don't misunderstand me - the models are great, just frustrating from a painters perspective!

Peter W

Ah, fair enough. Yes, I get that, there a couple of Mike Stone's models that I would like to repaint but mapping prevents it.
    Andy

Thank you Dave for this wonderful old girl and to Peter for the superb repaints. I've wanted a Fox Moth for ages and New Zealand is my main flying region so I'm really making the most of those Kiwi repaints at the moment!

Another Oz paint. One more to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9794039.jpg  

Last of the Oz paints! VH-USJ in it's current form.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3743290.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3