Dave Garwood's DH-89A for FS2004

Thread: Dave Garwood's DH-89A for FS2004

Dave Garwood's DH-89A for FS2004

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a copy of Dave Garwood's DH.89a Dragon Rapide for FS2004? I've downloaded it from 3 different sites and the installer fails on all of the downloads. I've tried running it as Admin but that doesn't help.

I also tried to run Dave's FSX version of the DH.89a and the installer worked but the plane won't run in FS2004.

Does any one have this installed that would be willing to zip it up and send it to me? Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Which sites have you tried? I can certainly help out (just the wheeled version ok?) if need be.
    Andy

Try our library at www.cbfsim.co.uk.. both the FS9 and FSX models are there

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Try our library at www.cbfsim.co.uk.. both the FS9 and FSX models are there

ATB
    DaveB
    Hence my question Dave. If Kodiak hadn't tried that site I was going to point him in that direction, if he had I'm on standby! ;-)
    Andy

Rgr that Andy

If he has downloaded from us and is having problems, I'd like to know so it can be sorted out

ATB
    DaveB

Here too- both FS9 - Wheels & Floats

Well, if all fails, try here: http://ford-tri-motor.com/Misc-Aircraft.htm#Special Wheels Pack - with permission of Mr. Dave Garwood to post his work.
    Take care. Fly level....
    Regards,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Rgr that Andy

If he has downloaded from us and is having problems, I'd like to know so it can be sorted out

ATB
    DaveB
    To be honest Dave I'd be surprised, never had any problems with the CBFSIM library myself.
    Andy

Ah, you may need to run installer in compatibility mode for an earlier Windows version if you're using WIN 7 or WIN 8

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Ah, you may need to run installer in compatibility mode for an earlier Windows version if you're using WIN 7 or WIN 8

Ttfn

Pete
    No need in Windows 7 Pete, that is what I'm running and the installer worked fine for me.
    Andy

Hi,

I had problems with unpacking under Win7 myself, used my wife's old laptop (WinXP)to do so (and saved an unpacked copy for further use).

Best regards,
    Volker

Thanks for all the help, guys!

Dave, I just tried the cbfsim download and had the same problem as it would unzip but the installer wouldn't run (well, it ran but nothing happened). Don't know what's up with this file version, but yours is not the only file that won't load for me, so its not a corrupt file. Maybe something unique about my install, but I'm just running vanilla Win 7/64. Gremlins...lol

Then I tried the download at the Ford Trimotor Project (thanks, Ed) and it worked like a charm! This version uses a different installer and I now have the DH.89a up and running in GW3/FS9 and I'll be going back to get the float version next!

This is a really nice model of the DH.89!
    Cheers!

Bill

Icon26

Hi Mate, Ed put you onto the right track - the Ford Project has a straightforward copy from Dave Garwood and with his consent we made a safe easy installable version of each of his models for the Ford Site.

Then we added a bucket of textures for her to make her even more enjoyable across a global environment.

Regards

The second half of the Ford Project Team
    Garry J. Smith - Graphic Tinkerer

Project Site - http://www.ford-tri-motor.net --- Mike Stones Aircraft - http://www.gjsmith.net/Mike-Stone/
    Home Site - http://www.gjsmith.net -------------Milton Shupe and Team Aircraft - http://www.gjsmith.net/Milton_Shupe/

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Try disabling your download manager if you are using one.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Late to the party as usual!
    The installer used in the old FS2004 models has trouble with Win7 (& probably 8) but should work if run as admin I believe, although saying that, I've just tried it here & it worked fine without.
    Could be your anti-virus blocking it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Late to the party as usual!
    The installer used in the old FS2004 models has trouble with Win7 (& probably 8) but should work if run as admin I believe, although saying that, I've just tried it here & it worked fine without.
    Could be your anti-virus blocking it as well.
    Would explain why I had no issues, I always run files as admin just through habit. Still a lovely model Dave, and an essential for many simmers.
    Andy

Thanks Andy, although the current FSX version is much better.

I've just downloaded the FSX version from CBFSIM.
    Opening the ZIP shows no installer - just the required files.
    Moving the files to their new homes was the work of a few moments.

No issues at all. A lovely add-on.

Dave

Only if you fly on the Dark side Dave! ;-)

(Which I do, sometimes.)
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Only if you fly on the Dark side Dave! ;-)

(Which I do, sometimes.)
    We know a song about that, don't we?

.....fly me to the Moon.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cacofonix1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	14250

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 4