Just Flight F27 release status

Thread: Just Flight F27 release status

Just Flight F27 release status

The discussion a month ago was that JF was trying to get the F27 released by month's end (that would be tomorrow...). In the interim, we saw a series of very nice looking screenshots that suggested at least visual model maturity. Has anyone heard anything about whether JF is trying to get it out tomorrow, or whether it will be into the next few weeks? REALLY looking forward to this release (w/a great paint kit, hopefully...).

Kent

I've heard nothing specific but I believe you're right, it looks pretty close to being ready. Having had a LOT of Beta and Alpha testing under my belt, I can say that for the Devs/Coders this is the point where the "rubber meets the road" in terms of getting it all right & hoping there are minimal issues that either slip past the Beta screening or issues that affect a handful of users after release. In most cases, we get it right but we all know bugs happen or improvements come from interaction with end users that help bring service packs about. In both the initial releases and post release, both us Beta testers and Devs work brutally hard to try to make sure you end users are happy. I'm not involved with the F-27 model but I feel it will do well based on what I see. It's a long overdue subject!

BTW, hoping for a Piedmont paint! I went aboard a FH-227 version owned by Piedmont when I was young. They sold the last ones off not terribly long after that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also am looking forward to this and hoping for an Aer Lingus livery.
    Anthin.

Well this question got answered indirectly....apparently it won't be released this week!

Bummer...looking forward to it.

Kent

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    New model was released to the testers yesterday.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Well, that's good news, AussieMan!

I take it you are a tester? If so, do you know if they will be releasing an external model with external tanks?

Thanks,

Kent

I agree Storm, even though this is the Fokker version, a Piedmont paint would look great on this bird, as a child in the 60's/70's I saw many Piedmont Fairchild F-27 & FH-227's versions coming and going from our local NC & Va. airports, a FH-227 version would a awesome addon to this package as well. I'm just happy a developer is about to finally deliver a very very much needed aircraft to the FSX/P3D community.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    I'm just happy a developer is about to finally deliver a very very much needed aircraft to the FSX/P3D community.
    Wow...just...wow.

Yes, Bjoren I know you, Tom and Bernie has done a absolute great job with the Mike Stone version updating it to finally look right, I'm talking about the payware folks, who seemed to have released every aircraft under the sun except this one.

It still makes it sound like the payware version is the only true one.

No worries Bjoern, yours is still the only Fairchild F-27 & FH-227 versions available

For the JF one/base test is in final stage but we (beta testers) didnd see/test the liverys yet

Roland

Members who have read this thread: 1