Unable to save flight

Thread: Unable to save flight

Unable to save flight

I haven't experienced this since the v1.4 days . If I go to the menu and try to save a flight or hit the ;/: on the keyboard I immediately get kicked to desktop . Oh well , it's been way too smooth , something is bound to go astray . I tried the latest FSUIPC (non payware version). It didn't make a difference . I didn't add anything new other than the latest FTX Vector upgrade 1.2 and I wouldn't think it would have had anything to do with it .
    I'll go over to Lockheed Martin and snoop around the forums .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I had this too after update to 2.4 using the patch. I started a thread at their forum that did not yield much. In the end I reinstalled from scratch and the issue went away.

I think it has to do with the "Prepar3d files" folder where the flights are saved and the procedure of patching. I may have done something wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I had this too after update to 2.4 using the patch. I started a thread at their forum that did not yield much. In the end I reinstalled from scratch and the issue went away.

I think it has to do with the "Prepar3d files" folder where the flights are saved and the procedure of patching. I may have done something wrong there.
    I am not looking forward to starting from scratch but your right , probably the only way to resolve the issue . It amazes me the lack of response at the LM forum . A few suggestions were offered but no real solution . I'm sure LM will recognize this and will continue with some users and it's not an isolated incident .v2.4 is very good and I enjoy it .

I thought about it then rechecked the entire menu and there are a few things I can click and I don't get a CTD. Weather etc . I just set it up and clicked the box that brings up the Flight Scenario page when first loading P3D up then it only takes a matter of seconds to plug in a different AC , scenery location , weather etc and go fly . I still can't save the scenario page , it stills kicks me to the desktop when I hit Save on the Scenario page but I can live with this awhile longer and maybe they will come up with a short fix . I may still reinstall the full version and start from scratch this winter when there's 3 foot of snow on the ground and I don't have anything else to do and can't go anywhere .

Rich

I was also scared of starting over but it took much shorter than expected and I was able to do some "cleanup" by installing the addons that I mostly use, leaving the rest for the future or a newer version. It performs great now and I get a lot of enjoyment from just flying the sim.

Members who have read this thread: 0