MyTrafficX, Orbx freeware traffic and FSX AI traffic

Thread: MyTrafficX, Orbx freeware traffic and FSX AI traffic

MyTrafficX, Orbx freeware traffic and FSX AI traffic

First off, my apologies for continued Noob threads getting FSX back up and running, but have a quick question. I have always used MyTrafficX through the various iterations and have always enjoyed the AI traffic they populate at all the airfields. I have always like flying out of the SEATAC area, particularly McChord (KTCM), though wish it were more faithfully reproduced, and MyTrafficX would populate the airfield with various military planes, C-130, C-17, A-10s and F-18s. It looked great, like a robust military airfield.

Now, since Orbx has released GA and commercial AI on their freeware site, I added those too. Now, I seem to see the GA and Commercial, but NO military, at all. Matter of fact, McChord has nothing on it, but nearby Gray Army Airfield has some B-52's and helicopters, so....not sure what's happening. I am going to un-install the Orbx freeware stuff to see if it clears it up, but if not, perhaps an un-install of MyTrafficX?

So, a few questions. First, anyone else flying a similar or close setup? If so, can you pan over to KTCM to check your AI on the field? Second, any advice from those more familiar with bgl files may be able to help even more, but if it's a complicated reply, please dumb it down a bit. I've had a long month TDY and my brain's a bit frazzled.

Thoughts on troubleshooting this? Thanks in advance.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Sounds like the ORBX traffic files have overpowered the TrafficX files.

Rather than uninstalling it, just do a search for any *.bgl files that include KTCM. There are several associated with the ORBX traffic. Then just disable them by renaming them. I usually tack on a suffix "passive" should I want to restore them.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

You can get more accurate military traffic with the MAIW packages.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

I'm using a bit of their retro stuff.

I'm wondering if a nasty FS9 traffic file has crept in under the radar.
    Check it out with AIFP.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I'm wondering if a nasty FS9 traffic file has crept in under the radar.
    Check it out with AIFP.

Dave
    My 1st step also with AIFP2. I have just about all MAIW packs and use WOAI or AIG for my civie stuff, all get checked with AIFP2. I add the .FSX extension to the title to allow a quick scan for those rogue FS9 based traffic files.

Didn't know ORBX had freeware AI, might have to check that out.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    My 1st step also with AIFP2. I have just about all MAIW packs and use WOAI or AIG for my civie stuff, all get checked with AIFP2. I add the .FSX extension to the title to allow a quick scan for those rogue FS9 based traffic files.

Didn't know ORBX had freeware AI, might have to check that out.
    I'll have to look up this AIFP2 you're talking about. I haven't used it before, so I may fumble around a bit getting it to work right.

For those other's that didn't know about the vast amount of freeware from Orbx, here's the link: https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware

Thanks for all the tips. I'll execute them once I get back from some late afternoon work.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    You can get more accurate military traffic with the MAIW packages.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

I'm using a bit of their retro stuff.
    Thanks. I always forget about their stuff. I have to say their packages are quite impressive. Now, for a better reproduction of McChord..

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1