FSX Simple Voice Control

Thread: FSX Simple Voice Control

FSX Simple Voice Control

FSXSVC is a script for the free tool GlovePIE and offers a lightweight, free voice recognition capability for FSX. It basically offers you a virtual co-pilot that presses keys or key combinations when you issue the appropriate command (e.g. "gear up"). It's meant to improve simulator interaction during flight phases with high workload (takeoff or landing).
    It's no replacement for any payware tool (tailored to a specific aircraft).

Demo video:
    (Notes: Strong language, no language test commands anymore, bad sound mixing, bad piloting.)

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing
    You will have to alter some key assignments, so read and understand the included documentation!

Compatibility:
    Theoretically any plane that can be entirely or in part controlled with keyboard commands.

The coolest thing:
    Can be used in IL-2, P3D, FS9, DCS, etc...with minor or major modifications regarding key presses.

Well man... If she's blond & tall, I want to meet her !...

Apart from joking, this is Great !!!...

Is there a way to change the female to male voice ? This would bemore immersive for Millitary flying of two seated aircrafts...
    Though for the Airliner flyers or adventure planes (like the "Goose"), she's definitely the one !...

So now, I'll talk to my Lead AI and "he" will change his course (in FSX Missions)... Or maybe call the bombers to come in for a strike... or.... or...

Thank you sir !...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    Is there a way to change the female to male voice ? This would bemore immersive for Millitary flying of two seated aircrafts...
    Though for the Airliner flyers or adventure planes (like the "Goose"), she's definitely the one !...
    Good question. I think GlovePIE's documentation covers changing voices somewhere, but I'm not sure.

Male co-pilots/leads would only apply to anyone flying in the 60s or 70s. After that, it's gender equality all the way.

So now, I'll talk to my Lead AI and "he" will change his course (in FSX Missions)... Or maybe call the bombers to come in for a strike... or.... or...
    Remember: This only works if the function requires actual keystrokes to be executed.
    Everything else (in MSFS/P3D) would require a Sim Connect interface and basically an entirely new piece of software.

The original idea for the script comes from the ArmA forums, by the way, where it was used for controlling your squadmates. I think that you can even use a script made for one ArmA title for anything from OFP/CWA to ArmA3 as the squad controls apparently don't have changed that much, if at all, over time.

Remember: This only works if the function requires actual keystrokes to be executed.
    Yes, exactly... but... I have WIN7 Premium & I have a different language than English (installed by default).
    So, I cant use it (as also any other non English user with Premiums). I'll have to upgrade to Ultimate for the language to
    be available !... Is Microsoft joking ?...

Yes, exactly... but... I have WIN7 Premium & I have a different language than English (installed by default).
    So, I cant use it (as also any other non English user with Premiums). I'll have to upgrade to Ultimate for the language to
    be available !... Is Microsoft joking ?...
    If you watch the video, you can hear me testing input commands in German, French and "Spanish", all of which are understood by the speech recognition engine.
    I run Win 7 Pro in nothing but English (ditched Windows in German after upgrading to 7 for prestige reasons).
    Getting a correct reply in your native language is another thing though (as you can hear in the video), so you better stick to English for the replies.

Problem is that I have Premium...

Have you actually given GlovePIE plus script a try REGARDLESS OF THE SPEECH RECOGNITION LANGUAGE YOU HAVE INSTALLED?

Since my installed language is not English (it's Greek) or any other that supports Voice Recognition and I'm with Premium,
    I just don't have a working Voice Recognition in Windows nor I can download another language to install... (this is for Ultimate only).

Yes, I've tried but "no joy".

I've read up about this a bit. Looks like you're indeed out of luck.

Your only option would be GameCommander2, but its abandonware status makes it hard to find.

Thank you for your advise, as also for taking the time to read about this...
    Accuracy almost 100% and improving... And as I've said :

I think it'll make a difference with my military flying in FSX...

Thank you for your advise, as also for taking the time to read about this...
    Accuracy almost 100% and improving... And as I've said :

I think it'll make a difference with my military flying in FSX...
    Neat!

Is that Game Commander 2 at work?

Members who have read this thread: 0