Polish Bartel BM-4/5 trainer.

Thread: Polish Bartel BM-4/5 trainer.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Polish Bartel BM-4/5 trainer.

Over at Avsim.com:

bartel.zip

File Description:
    The Bartel BM-4a,B M-4h and BM-5d trainers was a Polish biplane aircrafts. BM-4a was the first plane of Polish design put into production. Used from 1929 to 1939 by the Polish Air Force, manufactured in the Wielkopolska Aircraft Factory WWS "Samolot" in Poznan. All Bartel training aircrafts had very good handling, high stability and the total spin resistance, provide high security in primary training. Aircrafts constructed from wood, canvas and aluminum characterized by interchangeability of the upper and lower wings and the standardization of parts and materials.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Nice package! Three different models with three different engine types and soundsets. Nice looking wood in the VC too!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks for the hu Ferry!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Good 'find', Ferry. Thanks.

Interesting aircraft, though my Encyclopaedia of just about every aircraft ever produced makes no reference to them.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Interesting aircraft, though my Encyclopaedia of just about every aircraft ever produced makes no reference to them.
    Looks like the encyclopaedia needs an upgrade - even Wiki has info ( mind you, in the Polish version)
    http://translate.google.ca/translate...-5&prev=search

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Great to see a new designer creating a new model that would probably never have seen the light of day but for his efforts

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I keep getting 'A fatal error occurred.' Then the sim restarts, with all three versions.

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; October 28th, 2014 at 16:24.

Ups, I naver saw it but model looks very interesting. Nice found.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I think that this developer released some WW1 plane packages at Simmarket. I do not own them, but the texture work is very characteristic and I am pretty sure that's the same person. Anyways, great to see another developer.

The Bartel planes were trainers. Their designer, prof. Ryszard Bartel (also known for development of the airfoil which was used on the PZL P.11c and PZL.23) had a simplicity in mind. What was characteristic in his designs was the dimensions of upper and lower wings which were identical. They also had a thick airfoil which was forgiving more and the plane was very safe to fly, however most aerobatics maneouvers were hard to perform due to low power and drag. That was the first Polish training plane made in bigger number and the series was replaced by RWD-8 and PWS-26 in the 30's.

Lucas

Icon9 Problem with Bartel Trainers

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I keep getting 'A fatal error occurred.' Then the sim restarts, with all three versions.

Cees
    Hello Cees,

Hope I'm doing this correctly - I'm a Newbie on the Sim Outhouse forum.
    I recently downloaded the Bartel biplanes which are the subject of this string of posts. I, like yourself, ran into the problem where FSX crashed every time I tried loading the aircraft. They seem to have installed fine but just won't load, then comes the crash back to desktop. That also seems to cause three of my USB ports to stop working until I troubleshoot them and get Windows to fix them. All is OK until I try loading the Bartels again.

I contacted the author, Rob Kowalski, and we have corresponded on the subject but haven't found a solution. I am hoping you may have found the answer?

By the way, Rob has also done a very nice model of a Polish RWD13 that loads just fine!

Cheers,
    Neil

Hello all.
    I just discovered what was the problem with my Bartel planes.
    The problem came after one of my upgrades and performed only in DX 10 preview mode,which I did not use at the time.
    The error is in the panel of the aircraft.
    In the Attachment is a .zip archive of the correction. Extract anywhere and copy the file:
    "Panel.cfg" to the ... \ FSX \ SimObjects \ Airplanes \ Bartel BM .. from FFS \ Panel
    and the file "$pan2.png" to ... \ FSX \ SimObjects \ Airplanes \ Bartel BM .. from FFS \ Texture,overwriting the existing files.
    Files should be copied to all three planes BM4a, BM4h and BM5d.
    Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! The model is just too good to remain stored in the hangar.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0