"Boys Have At It" and "The Chase"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Boys Have At It" and "The Chase"

Question "Boys Have At It" and "The Chase"

Now what?

Harvick on Kenseth after wreck: If we don't win title, he won't
    http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...harvick-102614

"Yeah, he won’t win this championship," Harvick said of Kenseth. "If we don’t, he won’t."

IQ levels, less than room temperature.
    Do these bloody Muppets think they're in 'Days of Thunder' or 'Driven'?

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hey All,

I stand with Harvick. Kenseth took him out - wheel hoppin - but the bottom line to that is Matt went into the corner too fast and it wouldn't surprise me knew he was gonna lean on someone - it was Kevin. Kevin "making sure" Matt doesn't win would not surprise me and I don't totally blame him. The only championship Matt won was a Mark Martin engine "blow up" before ever getting on the track.

There was a lot of rough driving out there today way before needed or justified.

I now stand solidly behind the idea that this elimination stuff don't work - too Mickey Mouse - even for me - as currently set up. Point over 10 races works for me but it will depend on the Frances.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

And all future Cup Champions will be Champions not based on speed but rather they will be those who survived not being taken out...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    And all future Cup Champions will be Champions not based on speed but rather they will be those who survived not being taken out...
    I agree with you on that! NASCAR has only themselves to blame for this setup! These drivers are going to take chances now they probably wouldn't normally take.

I know comparisons are odious but the contrasting attitudes between the the drivers in our Supercar series and NASCAR is so different I have to make the point.
    Last weekend at Surfers Paradise the championship round consisted of two races over the weekend, on a circuit that is not one I would care to drive, a 'concrete canyon' street course which features the hardest braking in the series and (usually) very warm weather.
    As part of the 'Enduro Cup' series within a series, two drivers are required and the number two must drive for a minimum of 30% of each race.
    IIRC there would have been only a couple of driver related incidents resulting in penalties, one being a drive through for the winner of race 1.........and I have a very poor opinion of the CAMS officials, but there appears to be some common sense filtering through.
    One or two contact incidents were just regarded as that, 'racing incidents', and unlike NASCAR, there were no punch ups, abusive screaming or payback threats, most of the drivers get on very well off track and show great respect for one another.
    I can't say for certain but I know there were three safety car periods on day 2 and maybe the same number on day 1 as I had 'stuff' to be doing on the first day so it was on in the background.
    The driver duo leading the championship raced from the front over most of the weekend, winning on day 2 (again I think day 1 was a podium finish) with an almost unmarked car.
    The Supercar Championship is decided on total points over the season, and at the moment there are two rounds to go with four of five contenders, and it will go down to the wire.
    I suppose what I'm saying is the series is highly competitive and has no need of 'Chase' style gimmicks, while most drivers get on very well indeed, rivals or not, a very 'Australian' attitude.

The NASCAR 'Dodge City' culture (a word I use loosely!) is apparently aimed squarely at an audience who (I can only use this as an example) might be enthusiastic followers of the stage managed 'Ultimate Fighters'(?).
    It certainly is not Motor Racing and the lack of sportsmanship diminishes the entire show.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon2

Re-Thinking the madness,
    I wonder if Kyle Busch would take out Harvick so Kenseth could win!

Hey All,

Would certainly match with the Kyle we all know.

Curious how Wombat doesn't bring up the utes bumping and "leaning on" other utes in his post. The ute racing is easily the best racing in OZ. A race is not a dance.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

-Ed-
    This is irrelevant.
    The bigger picture is the transformation of NASCAR into WWE with all this "payback" stuff....

But then on the other hand, WWE is a huge seller.....

wasnt gonna type anything..but im watching Foyles war on PBS,if you havent seen this series,get a roku..or do it onlinme at Acorntv.com or acorntv on roku,anyway..wombats points to gentlemans racing,verse WWF as panther put it...well the fact that nascar is a by product of moonshinin,this is a true fact..read the france family histories,or look online for the origin of nascar,....

that said,there are some who will say nay..it didnt start that way....it all started (in the usa) at indy...ok yeah that may have given them the idea of using an oval carved out of the dirt somewhere,and the early small tracks were ovals with pit in and out in turns 3 and 4..but american stock car racing was on dirt tracks,out in the middle of nowhere,where the cops would leave them be,so they could race ..but why?.what did they race for?..well in the early days it wasnt for trophies,it was for pinks,or a set of heads,or even some new hot header set that allowed more HP.....and ill say it now...THEY FOUGHT!!!! they bloodied noses ,fattened lips,broke hands and even arms (guy reaches into other guys car to get a part or stop him from leaving before his debt was paid)...yes this world is more politically correct these days,and sipping tea with a finger in the air maybe what people want to see from F1 or INDY or..i know that saying this will get me introuble..in the supercar series...now i say all that with tongue in cheek..

ok ive lost track of this post again..lol...bottomline..american stock car racing was built on fists n blood...yeah i didnt start racing until 1980,but i sure saw my fair share of fights..some with me winning..some losing..but if the fight was in the pits after the last main event,then no one spoke of it in an offical way...but godforbid it happen on track...

Lightbulb

Daveroo,
    No debate from about the origin & roots of NASCAR!

But IMHO, at some point, NASCAR is going to have look into to the mirror and decides whether or not it considers itself to be a modern bootlegging sport and show or the premier form of motorsports.

Hey All,

Curious how Wombat doesn't bring up the utes bumping and "leaning on" other utes in his post. The ute racing is easily the best racing in OZ. A race is not a dance.

-Ed-
    Actually I do not regard 'Ute Racing' as racing.
    It is aimed squarely at the Bogan pond scum at the very bottom of the gene pool.
    Introduced purely as a very poor decision by some idiot (removed from his position very quickly) who though the NASCAR 'Truck' series was entertaining.

And the penalties for behaving like NASCAR drivers have become (satisfyingly) serious, 12 months suspension is not uncommon.
    I hasten to add, if these dickheads appear on the program I manage to avoid watching the sorry spectacle.

Dave, what you're saying is NASCAR was built on a criminal foundation.
    And 'Gentlemen Drivers'???
    The only people that race under that name the privateers who run in the Carerra Cup and the GT series.

"Richard Craniums" to you sir...remember kids read this too...LOL..

yeah..it was based on the actions of "criminals"...but you know as well as i do,as it evolved..the fights and petty arguments continued.

my point was..put a bunch of kids in cars on tracks..theyre going to run into eachother and theyre going to get mad at eachother ,,,fights will ensue ...youre never going to get 43 guys /girls and thier crews to "just walk away" from it evertytime...we here at SOH have this same talk/argument everytime it happens..the same people allways have the same opinions..its never going to change there..nor here..

but it the long run its all good....we all have fun...am i wrong?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Well, I have to say it again....

Spending a couple of months here down under I found the v-8 Supercars to be much more interesting than NASCAR. I have been a fan of NASCAR for years and I hate where it's at. The cars are much all the same with different decals and the new chase format sucks. You can be the best driver but if someone makes an error and you crash during the chase, it's pretty much all over. It depends too much on luck and not talent.

The v-8 Supercars look like the real car, there are much more different makes in the series (a Volvo being competitive), and the racing is great! Will miss seeing them when a return to the states in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Well, I have to say it again....

Spending a couple of months here down under I found the v-8 Supercars to be much more interesting than NASCAR. I have been a fan of NASCAR for years and I hate where it's at. The cars are much all the same with different decals and the new chase format sucks. You can be the best driver but if someone makes an error and you crash during the chase, it's pretty much all over. It depends too much on luck and not talent.

The v-8 Supercars look like the real car, there are much more different makes in the series (a Volvo being competitive), and the racing is great! Will miss seeing them when a return to the states in a few days.
    Bob, I think the Surfers Paradise round (if you caught it) makes my point about intense and very clean racing.
    Not a circuit I like very much but last weekend was one of the best of this season.
    And as a Volvo owner ('Daily Driver') and a long standing admirer of Gary Rogers Motorsport I'm very pleased to see them so competitive.

And Dave, how about the Latin version, 'Dickus Headius'?

Hey All,

Yes NASCAR started with moonshine drivers racing moonshine drivers. It is important to outdrive them revenuers when your haulin illegal liquor!

Wombat said...
    Actually I do not regard 'Ute Racing' as racing.
    This says it all . I think ute racing is a competely legitimate form of racing. Racing is far more than some kind of delicate dance.

I want to see Wombat justify the statement that ute racing is not legitimate a racing.

Others judge for yourself.

Main thing I know is that Jesus drives a ute!

-Ed-

Hey All,

As for fighting - well F1 is apparently pitiful...

Don't even take off helmets but I do like that special F1 "chicken kick"!

-Ed-

Question

Hey All,

As for fighting - well F1 is apparently pitiful...

-Ed-
    Not Neanderthal enough for you?

Hey All,

I don't favor fighting and it should be discouraged but people are people - watch the discussion of the most famous fight in NASCAR history - right at the end of the 79 Daytona 500 the first fully televised NASCAR race. Cale is absolutely "bang on" at the end.

I have very little sympathy for people who try to put down a sport over heat of the moment fights (the F1 one is fully legit in my opinion and so funny) as they either know nothing about people or think themselves superior when they are not.

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Not Neanderthal enough for you?
    I'm so pleased I put EasyEd on my 'Ignore List'.

Cool

I have very little sympathy for people who try to put down a sport over heat of the moment fights (the F1 one is fully legit in my opinion and so funny)
    -Ed-
    Can't even follow your own policy LoL!

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'm so pleased I put EasyEd on my 'Ignore List'.
    Hmmm...
    Might not be a bad idea since I too tire of hearing his anti-F1 drone in thread after thread - even in non F1 threads...

Hey All,

I am not and never have been anti-F1. I am anti team orders and I do question some of the basis for example - technical innovation in light of tracks that cannot handle more speed. How do you square that circle? Most racing series I know of are trying to keep cars slowed down. One of today's realities. It is disappointing that no one discusses such things openly.

I will say right now that you will never see me declare any form of racing that has been legitimately sanctioned and enjoyed by fans all over - "not racing". You will not see me ever denigrate legitimate racing because of the fan base. I don't think all the fans of ute racing are thugs and hooligans at all. I think that is wrong and I said so - too much I guess. Nor do I think all NASCAR is WWE.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Texas today - both series.

-Ed-

Icon2

You will not see me ever denigrate legitimate racing because of the fan base.
    -Ed-
    Check your anti open wheel (IndyCar) posts...
    But on the other hand per your own words, the answer might be that you don't consider IndyCar to be "legitimate racing".

Hey All,

I'd like to see a post of mine where I explicitly said Indycar or Cart or F1 or other open wheel is not a legitimate form of racing. If there is one I am certainly in the wrong and need to apologize for that post but I doubt there is.

-Ed-

Members who have read this thread: 2