Can you beat that?

Thread: Can you beat that?

Can you beat that?

A fellow on the Flightsim.com FSX forum says he can hit 1000 fps on his rig without any tweaks.

(mind you, there are some skeptical replies which are entertaining, but he does have a screen shot and a movie clip showing it)

Must be nice.

the human eye can see about 25 fps, so what's the point?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A comment was made there that when you start adding complex scenery, etc. that when it drags fps down some it's still good fps.
    (makes sense, but I remain a skeptic)

FPS above the monitor refresh rate is just wasted computation.

The CPU is spitting out whatever yet the monitor will only refresh 60-120 times a second.

Nothing more than a Johnson contest at that point.

cheers,
    Lane

I'm sure with care I can manage 1,000 seconds per frame. pedal harder Igor, ze lights are dimming!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I'm sure with care I can manage 1,000 seconds per frame. pedal harder Igor, ze lights are dimming!
    You and me both....

How does one spell 'BS'?
    ...oh, that's right.... B....S ....

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    the human eye can see about 25 fps, so what's the point?
    Thats an old myth The human eye can see more than 25 fps. The reason you dont notice it with TV and films is because they have blur between each frame, which has the effect of smoothing the image and the brain sees it as a continual image, its why 24-30fps works for films. Games on the other hand, dont have that same blur, each frame is a different image, like a HD photo, and the eye sees that, so more pictures = smooth, bit like a flick book. However, its utterly pointless going above 60 fps if your monitor only has a 60hz refresh rate .. as thats all it can display at once!

End of the day though, frames dont matter, so long as it looks smooth to the person using the game/program
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Without any scenery at lowest settings over water.

Just as exciting as claiming almost friction free transportation at mach 17 for everyone and then showing a photo of the Space Shuttle.

Blog Entries
    With regard to frame rates the human eye can see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

As long as what you see is smooth and error free who cares how many frames rates you are viewing?
    Ted

LMAO at: Originally Posted by hairyspinI'm sure with care I can manage 1,000 seconds per frame. pedal harder Igor, ze lights are dimming!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    A fellow on the Flightsim.com FSX forum says he can hit 1000 fps on his rig without any tweaks.

(mind you, there are some skeptical replies which are entertaining, but he does have a screen shot and a movie clip showing it)

Link? Please.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Link? Please.
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...83829-1000-fps!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

The op still hasn't posted a full screen video, so what and where he is flying is un- known. Probably another fsx scam in the making.

That quad core CPU is very helpful for FSX. Mine is same clock speed etc, but only duo core, which I regret. I bought a Lenovo Erazor 510 last spring, which I have been pretty happy with, but wish I had a quad core CPU.

Well, I'm able to get around 500fps easily on my old i7-2600 @ 3.4Ghz

So maybe it's possible.

Mind you I'm in developer mode at the moment so that means all sliders to the left (because FSX restarts so much quicker that way) and the aircraft has no animations yet so it runs blisteringly quick.

And when I say all sliders to the left I mean no scenery, traffic, autogen. The only luxury I allow is aircraft casts shadows on ground (helps to make sure the wheels are actually touching the ground).

I also run a tweak to my fsx.cfg which shows the framerate, average framerate and peak framerate. I once managed to get around 3000 fps in the peak framerate when I loaded the PMDG 737. I presume that was just a glitch though.

Members who have read this thread: 0