Short Fuse Sallee

Thread: Short Fuse Sallee

Short Fuse Sallee

Alan mentioned Sallee...

still wip:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very nice.

Dave

This is great to see, Jankees! I've always liked those markings.

The real-world restored P-51D in those markings (N286JB) used to be based near me and a regular sight here in Minnesota, but since 2008 she's been living in Texas (likely the sate with the most flying Mustangs).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Very nice work Jan, at first I thought the thread title referred to an ill-mannered poster!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Wow - between Sallee and Long Way Home, I feel undeservedly rich in repaints.

Here's the reason for my connection with Sallee. Not necessarily the best WWII memoir by any means, but my first - read it together with my father when I was about 10, and needless to say it left an impression.

I keep the Franklin Mint model (one of their more accurate ones) on my desk. Thankfully was able to buy it at a normal retail price before it went out of production.

Looking forward (to put it mildly) to flying her.

Many thanks for this!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Beautiful as always Jankees!

I'm sorely vexed at Franklin Mint for buying then squashing Collection Armour. I have a very few of their planes and they are beautiful. So sad that you can hardly get them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    Wow - between Sallee and Long Way Home, I feel undeservedly rich in repaints.
    Jankees alone has created a massive collection of some stunning repaints, including some great group work.

cheers,
    Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    Jankees alone has created a massive collection of some stunning repaints, including some great group work.

cheers,
    Lewis
    Indeed - he occupies a large amount of space on my hard drive/in my hangar. My post above referred only to the couple that he's agreed to do as a result of my own requests. If we're talking about his total output, well, then, I'm not just rich, I'm drowning in wealth...

-- Saint-Exupery

I do apologise for taking up all that hard disk / hangar space...

meanwhile a bit more progress with Sallee:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I do apologise for taking up all that hard disk / hangar space...

meanwhile a bit more progress with Sallee:

Absolutely stunning!

And re: the other point - what else are hard drives and hangars for?

-- Saint-Exupery

Well, I'll tell you... it's been 45 years since I first decided I wanted to fly Short Fuse Sallee.

Today was the day.

So... thanks!

EDIT: re-posted to remove duplicate image after I tried to swap in a higher resolution one. Am clearly new at this...

-- Saint-Exupery

Thanks Jankees! Were there an award for the amount of hard drive space occupied with one's work, you would surely be a top contender!

Love your paints.

Deacon

Members who have read this thread: 0