Installation order -- FS9 and FSX

Thread: Installation order -- FS9 and FSX

Installation order -- FS9 and FSX

My new PC will be here in a few days and I plan to install FS9 and FSX on it. I've got a lot of FS9 addons that still have a lot of goodie left in them so I want to keep it around for a while longer.

Does it matter what order I install them? Should FS9 go first, followed by FSX or does it even matter?

I recall reading some posts way-back-when about the deinstallation of FS9 causing some problems with FSX (but this was back when FSX first came out).

Appreciate any words of wisdom!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

harleyman
    I do not think it matters at all anymore....

But install the one you will use the most on first.That will keep its seek times faster as it will sit farther out on the platter...Not that you will even notice..But in theory thats the correct way I think....

Thanks, Harleyman...wasn't sure if there was any incidental overlapping or not. Been putting off installing FSX until I had a rig that would satisfy my demand for max eye-candy.

I'm sure I'll eventually get weaned off of FS9, but with the amount of a/c, scenery and just plain ol' fun that I have with FS9, it'll be on the harddrive for a bit longer.

Also looking forward to discovering the FSX world...talk about a kid in a candy store !

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"