Russian Aircraft for FSX..... What's Good?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Aircraft for FSX..... What's Good?

Russian Aircraft for FSX..... What's Good?

What Russian planes are there for FSX? Fighters? Airliners? Light Aircraft? I found the Virtavia Tu-160 and the PT Tu-154, as well as the the Tu-144D 3.5 (which I have yet to start the engines on- having a hard time figuring it out). And the Ilyushin Il-86. what else is there?

In addition to what you mentioned (Tu-144, Tu-154, Il-86, Tu-160)...

Sibwings An-2
    Swingman Po-2 (wheels and skis)
    Swingman Yak-18
    Virtavia Yak-52
    Alabeo Su-26
    A1R Yak-50
    Nemeth Designs Mi-24
    Virtavia Mi-24
    Virtavia Mi-28
    Virtavia Ka-26/32
    Virtavia Ka-50
    Argo-02 (search Avsim.su)

Not Russian but Eastern European:
    Zlin Z-142 by PWDT
    Zlin Z-50 by Piglet
    Soko J-20 by Piglet
    Antonov An-32 by Piglet
    Lotus Sim L-39 Albatros

That's off the top of my head of what's out there that's FSX native. May be missing a couple.
    Other members here may additionally recommend FS9 port-overs that they enjoy.

EDIT: If I had to pick the top five from that list of what I fly the most (not including what you previously mentioned), I'd choose:

Lotus Sim L-39
    Nemeth Mi-24
    Sibwings An-2
    Swingman Po-2
    Virtavia Ka-50

Thanks Sean!

Several of the Il76s despite not yet has decent VC.

Also the brilliant STOL Antonov An-28, along with the recently ported Tu-134 also at avsim.su. Also a few beautiful Il-12 and Il-14, I fly them regular. Much better than DC-3.

Best of all and I recommend is Tupolev Tu-154B-2, also the very complex Yakovlev 40 because it will be easier to you as a newcomer and it comes with full english manual.

There is also the Bear Studios Flanker series.

Although most are based on the Chinese J11 or J15, you get the Sukhoi 27, 30 or 33 based on which package you select. And there is also the Bear Studios Mig-15 and Mig-17.

BTW - I think SeanTK meant the Ka-27/32 Helix

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Is there a decent Mil Mi 8/17?

Piglet also made a Russian microlight..,the MAI 890

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Only in DCS series.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I think there's a quite recent one on avsim.ru.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I think there's a quite recent one on avsim.ru.
    There have been a few released over the past few months I believe, but they are all for FS2004.
    There was an external model (which I think is FSX native) released a few years ago at the following link, but there is no VC:
    http://avsimrus.com/f/fsx-helicopter...fsx-37294.html

One would think that since the Mi-8 is one of the world's most produced helicopters, we would have seen a high quality one for FSX by now, but I guess not. Nemeth Designs has an old Mi-17 (their first product I believe) for FS2004, but that's about it.

Forgot to mention that there is an An-24 in active development.
    Hard to tell precisely what's going on due to the crappy Google Translate service, but the thread is in the mid-20 page range right now, and the author seems to be active as of earlier this month. Going back to page 16, there are some images of the cockpit. Page 18 has the cabin, and later pages have some work on night lighting.

https://translate.googleusercontent....3zdzHlzxtG_7ww

Can any of the Russian speakers here enlighten us as to the latest events?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Forgot to mention that there is an An-24 in active development.
    Hard to tell precisely what's going on due to the crappy Google Translate service, but the thread is in the mid-20 page range right now, and the author seems to be active as of earlier this month. Going back to page 16, there are some images of the cockpit. Page 18 has the cabin, and later pages have some work on night lighting.

https://translate.googleusercontent....3zdzHlzxtG_7ww

Can any of the Russian speakers here enlighten us as to the latest events?
    Active developement? Yeah... you wish! Only visual is done, nothing else, no FDE, systems, or even basic programming. Talks are done on importing the samdim an24 and applying visual model but with samborski now turned payware hope is not big. neither it is for the il62 due to lack of painterman. If we see something, will not be in at least 1-3 years from now.

3D model of this An-24 (vc, cabin) is also for sale for a few hundred euros on a website by author if anyone interested.

A sad fact in Russia, many developements (software and real life) are put on a permanent hold.

Quality Mi-8 exist too.

Avsim.ru has an Il-76 with a VC but there is a little work involved to get it to work in FSX. The file name is 52774-Il76-78zh.zip.
    Once downloaded and unzipped, 3 gauge files need to be removed BEFORE installation. They are: il76GAU1, il76RADIO and il76sau. If you don't remove them your sim will crash! Next open the texture folder and drop zh76_zMASK.bmp into DXT Bitmap and create a black alpha for it and save it as a 32 bit bmp. Now you will be able to see out of the beautiful VC. It's a bit of work but it's worth it for this heavy. Hope this helps others.
    unclegreg

You should definitely try Ty-154M by Project Tupolev. This is the most realistic Russian jet in FS released so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Rustam A.

Quote Originally Posted by simurq View Post
    You should definitely try Ty-154M by Project Tupolev. This is the most realistic Russian jet in FS released so far.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    He mentions the Tu-154 in his original post, and in addition, the Tu-154M is not made for FSX. The FSX Tu-154 is the B-2 model, and is currently on version 1.2.2.

While I'm here, I also believe that Metal2Mesh was making a MiG-29, and I thought at one time that IRIS was making a Yak-130, but I'm not sure of the status of either.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    There have been a few released over the past few months I believe, but they are all for FS2004.
    There was an external model (which I think is FSX native) released a few years ago at the following link, but there is no VC:
    http://avsimrus.com/f/fsx-helicopter...fsx-37294.html

One would think that since the Mi-8 is one of the world's most produced helicopters, we would have seen a high quality one for FSX by now, but I guess not. Nemeth Designs has an old Mi-17 (their first product I believe) for FS2004, but that's about it.
    ND Mi-17 was a complete delightful, the only'decent' Hip for FS. ND mi-17 was first payware.

Sadly...FS is not for Choppers....You can see that flying DCS series with the Huey and/or the Hip.....Vortex Ring State, Loss of Tail Effect, hovering, ground effect...It's amazing, a great approach to the reality.

It never occurred to me until querying the An-32 mentioned above that it is not Russian, but Ukrainian. You learn something every day.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    ND Mi-17 was a complete delightful, the only'decent' Hip for FS. ND mi-17 was first payware.

Sadly...FS is not for Choppers....You can see that flying DCS series with the Huey and/or the Hip.....Vortex Ring State, Loss of Tail Effect, hovering, ground effect...It's amazing, a great approach to the reality.
    A Russian helicopter with english cockpit instead of Russian is far from decent.

There is also the ALS Sim SU-27 Flanker, Virtavia TU-22 Blinder, Bear Studios Mig-15 & Mig-17's. On the freeware side is Ivan's Mig-21MF and portover Mig-21F.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I fly many CFS2 planes (WW2-can be found here converted to FSX)

So then you have PE-2/3,the Lagg's ,Mig's from 1-3 Yak and few more

Also the recent Susi

And of course the real FSX like Tu-134/154/Yak-40-42

Roland

One I did 'one or two' repaints for... Tu.114 ....

Attachment 13901

Quote Originally Posted by vl82m View Post
    A Russian helicopter with english cockpit instead of Russian is far from decent.
    Hahahaha. Touché Vlad. I didn't remember the language of the cockpit after years without fly it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    On the freeware side is Ivan's Mig-21MF ....
    one of the best!

Ce_zeta, What do you mean by not remembering language after years without flying? Anyway, Tu-134A3 manual is probably coming since a friend joined project, Whether hes reason is political propaganda, learning languages, or just really wants to help english speakers learn this aircraft I don't know, but it's good news though i will need someone later to correct grammar mistakes. But I'm not making any promises and navigation systems will be hardest thing to translate and describe.

When manual is coming out I don't know, aiming two weeks but could become a month or two...

I have the lotus sim l-39. I will tell you that it is excellent. I am not a real world pilot, but the flight model seems excellent and the model and it associated features are outstanding. It is a few years old now. But in my opinion, it holds up great to more current releases.

Members who have read this thread: 3