Falcon409 Up N' Running!

Thread: Falcon409 Up N' Running!

Falcon409 Up N' Running!

Looks like Roman beat me to the coffee and donuts at the Refreshments Tents this morning. Got my baggie loaded though, could be awhile before food is available. Coffee should get me over the Channel anyways. Good luck to all!!

Over the Alps, heading down the boot to Rome!

Crashed on a second attempt at LIRA (Chiampino).
    Last edited by falcon409; October 25th, 2014 at 13:04.

After looking over the wreckage of the Mew, weighing my options as a non-competitor (there were many) and wanting to finish in whatever way lay before me, I scraped together what they'd offer me for the scrap metal plus some promissory notes and purchased a Spartan Exec parked in one of their hangars. Apparently left there by a previous owner of some questionable standing. They seemed happy to get rid of it so who knows what will come of any future legs in this race. But I'm off for Athens and hopefully I can put her down without any further breakage.

Well,I have to say. . .this is going just swimmingly!! Rack up another crash on touch down. That's the second landing where touching down on the end of the rwy has caused a crash. These aren't hard landings either, I don't land hard. In both cases I was on the rwy lights, but those are effects and not scenery objects so I don't believe they have crash boxes. Seems my decision to fly non-competitively was an excellent choice.
    Won't fly again until tomorrow evening, so look forward to additional crashes!!

I can positively confirm that it's the rwy lights that have caused the recent havoc. Departing Athens for Syria, I purposely lifted off in time to meet a light hovering above the rwy and immediately got a crash. Never seen this before but leave it to me to find it.

No lights, no crash. Down in Syria for the night.

Members who have read this thread: 0