SOH A26 Keeps crashing FSX

Thread: SOH A26 Keeps crashing FSX

SOH A26 Keeps crashing FSX

Hello all. I recently downloaded the A26 and the updates for fsx. I followed all the install instructions. The aircraft shows up in the aircraft selection menu, but when I click OK, fsx crashes. Any idea what is causing this? Is there a fix or an update for this, has this happened to anyone else? I am running FSX acceleration by the way.

(also, a thank you shout out to Dave for getting my posting and reply privileges set up)

Myself and a number of folks have had this issue which if I am correct is associated with this gauge line: dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3 which can affect other models which use it. I'm not sure if this gauge is missing or otherwise corrupted by subsequent installs of other FS products but once the gauge is commented out, the CTD issue disappears for most users.

Just open your panel cfg and comment out this line in the [Vcockpit01] section:

//gauge49=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3,10,10,20,20, ./gauges/A26B_sound.cfg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Myself and a number of folks have had this issue which if I am correct is associated with this gauge line: dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3 which can affect other models which use it. I'm not sure if this gauge is missing or otherwise corrupted by subsequent installs of other FS products but once the gauge is commented out, the CTD issue disappears for most users.

Just open your panel cfg and comment out this line in the [Vcockpit01] section:

//gauge49=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3,10,10,20,20, ./gauges/A26B_sound.cfg
    this worked! thank you very much sir!

Not the first time that sound 'add-on' has caused problems. I typically delete it/them from any plane dl that wants it.... so as to avoid potential crashing...

Members who have read this thread: 0