SAC Stratojet - Stratotanker - IFR

Thread: SAC Stratojet - Stratotanker - IFR

Icon2 SAC Stratojet - Stratotanker - IFR

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Amazing detail!

Funny how little has changed in what I do now on the 135, verses the KC-97.

This is shaping up to be a fantastic add-on. Thanks.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

+1 ^. A great video. I just wish that FSX would allow the interaction between multiple aircraft as your video depicts. Looks like you used three aircraft in your video.
    About all I could manage is flying along (solo) and assimilate an AIR event, lowering and raising the boom for naught.

What we need, to go along with this fantastic KC-97, is some more B-47 paints. The Virt /Alpha 47 is a great aircraft - there just NO repaints. Bill

Blog Entries
    Pierre Lheureux did a couple - check on avsim ...

dl

On second though, maybe a AIR mission could be made where the B47 or whatever A/C rendezvous with the KC97 for a top off of fuel. That
    would be a nice extra for this add on.

KC-97 wip

Any further developments on this project?

Let's see ... our current script for a KC-97 meet-up is as follows:

(1) [Bn:] KC-97 flashes tailcone beacons.
    (2) [Tailhook:] Boom down.
    (3) [Bn:] Beacons off.
    (4) [R: (L-click for station 350, R-click for 750.)] Blue light indicates ready status. FWD lights blink for about 5 secs.
    (5) Wait until receiver plane is in position.
    (6) [Joystick push Up, Dn, L, R] Manual prompts, if required.
    (7) [Brake button/key:] green C light signals contact/connect. Contact Greens ON. Additional D U A F lights generated randomly.
    (8) [Brake button:] End session: C off, D on. All PDI except D (disconnect light) off.
    (9) Separate.
    (10) ["D" or brake button] Disconnect light OFF.
    (11) [Tailhook:] Retract boom.

I have been trying to insert a little video here but so far w/o success....don't have a YouTube account. Will try vimeo. Here you go.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/111343716" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by mjahn; November 9th, 2014 at 08:23.

YOU sir are a steely eyed missile man....with mad throw down computering skillz
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

WOW! Plus 1 to Heywood's comments. I always wondered about the various lights and such on the underside of a tanker. Thank you for the energy you are putting into this beauty.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Boom now has movement...

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Boom now has movement...

This is nice that the boom now has movement .... But will it come with a B47 strato that will slidle up for a top off of JP? I think not unless, we use fsrecorder or some such
    to record two different A/C then play back the illusion of the AAR as you did. Otherwise, I will just see a boom going up and down and that's pretty much it.
    I appreciate the sounds and other "tweaking" and improvements for what I know will be enjoyed by many when it's released.

Absolutely brilliant. Would love to know how you made the video. Refueling is hard.

Please excuse my ignorance for not knowing this, but are the vanes on the boom movable or fixed? When operators talk of "flying" the boom I always assumed that the vanes were control surfaces of some type. Well we all know what happens when you "assume".

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Absolutely brilliant. Would love to know how you made the video. Refueling is hard.
    There's an AI model used for refueling in the works. Manfred can explain more on the refueling aspect of this. Refueling by hand is a daunting task. I know I tried it on a multimillion dollar KC-135 AF Simulator with a B-52... smacked right into the tankers tail. The tanker was not simulated, it was a actual model of a KC-135 with a bunch of cameras surrounding the model to project the image on the screen. Anyways, I would fly close to the tanker, then use autopilot to make minor adjustments to match the KC-97 speed and line up with the boom. Turbulence is another matter.

The video was just to show some of the boom movement nothing more. FSRecorder is a handy program for formation flights as used in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance for not knowing this, but are the vanes on the boom movable or fixed? When operators talk of "flying" the boom I always assumed that the vanes were control surfaces of some type. Well we all know what happens when you "assume".
    The boom has a pair of wings and they are use to maneuver the boom into position by a control stick. Currently not animated yet in the model.

SuperK

From a Sabre point of view!

Nice combination!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1