New F27 screenshots...

Thread: New F27 screenshots...

New F27 screenshots...

...on the JustFlight website:

http://www.justflight.com/product/fokker-f27-200-300

Looks like it's getting close to done-- would LOVE to see them release it in time for this weekend, but even the most optimistic reports I have heard have been "end of October". This is one time when I would like to be wrong!

Kent

That one is looking goooood! Very good!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Agreed-- it looks great....two exceptions:

- No F27A w/airstair (a far fetched wish, I know, since these are the Fokker vs. Fairchild variants)
    - No external fuel tank option on the 200 (a must for military variants, and some civilian operators as well)

All in all, hoping for release SOON!

Kent

Would like to see a Fairchild version made, lots of US carriers flew them

I agree jymp....though just having the Fokker variant is going to be dream unto itself! Can't wait to hear the shrieking RR Darts (I need hearing aids anyway...).

Kent

Knowing JF, the other variants might just be delivered in an expansion pack.

Until then, you're at my mercy regarding any other variants. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Nice laugh, Bjoern!

A little history

Looking forward to this model. I do hope it is not just a simplified flight deck!

I have just finished reading a really good Glossy hard back book about NAC (NZ National Airways Corporation) - they had a fleet of these 200-300 models with the final 2 or 3 the 500 series models. They bought some brand new, and purchased others 2nd hand (Some for the Irish airlines (Shamrock?) They flew them on the regional lines for many years - 60's thru 90's (the latter being under AIr NZ after the Government consolidated NAC and merged it into AIR NZ in 1978)... and as the models on offer show, one of them was still being used by NZ POst until very recently. Very reliable and well liked by the crew. The only issues mentioned in the book tended to be with the drop down landing gear - which still plagues some earlly Dash 8's. (The book also covers their purchase of 5 Vickers Viscounts and the rugged work horse the DC-3.Oh yes and the Lodestar)

Ray

Good one Bjoern, your right though, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spikehughes View Post
    Looking forward to this model. I do hope it is not just a simplified flight deck!

I have just finished reading a really good Glossy hard back book about NAC (NZ National Airways Corporation) - they had a fleet of these 200-300 models with the final 2 or 3 the 500 series models. They bought some brand new, and purchased others 2nd hand (Some for the Irish airlines (Shamrock?) They flew them on the regional lines for many years - 60's thru 90's (the latter being under AIr NZ after the Government consolidated NAC and merged it into AIR NZ in 1978)... and as the models on offer show, one of them was still being used by NZ POst until very recently. Very reliable and well liked by the crew. The only issues mentioned in the book tended to be with the drop down landing gear - which still plagues some earlly Dash 8's. (The book also covers their purchase of 5 Vickers Viscounts and the rugged work horse the DC-3.Oh yes and the Lodestar)
    Hi ya Ray in Auckland from Ian in Christchurch - Great book that one NAC , the first batch of F-27s were all 100 series - BXA to BXH /20/20A and last BXI 183 was converted to a 200QC , all these aircraft were retro fitted with the longer nose developed by Fairchild with a weather radar, Fokker liked it so much they retooled , this made the aircraft no different in dimensions to the 200sr , NAC operated three built 200s ZK-DCA/B and G being the QC model , only difference between a 100 and 200 was the power rating on the Dart engines, all the other aircraft , the two Irish imports were still 100 series NAA and NAB/NAH , the next 10 aircraft were all 500 series with a 1.5 meter plug, all in all, 100s to 400s were very much all the same after the longer nose was glued to it , the 500 mentioned, the extra lengthened and then the 600 go back to the 200s except strengthened floor and longer stroke legs for rough field use. There are many other variations of all these models until you step into Fairchild FH models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hi ya Ray in Auckland from Ian in Christchurch - Great book that one NAC , the first batch of F-27s were all 100 series - BXA to BXH /20/20A and last BXI 183 was converted to a 200QC , all these aircraft were retro fitted with the longer nose developed by Fairchild with a weather radar, Fokker liked it so much they retooled , this made the aircraft no different in dimensions to the 200sr , NAC operated three built 200s ZK-DCA/B and G being the QC model , only difference between a 100 and 200 was the power rating on the Dart engines, all the other aircraft , the two Irish imports were still 100 series NAA and NAB/NAH , the next 10 aircraft were all 500 series with a 1.5 meter plug, all in all, 100s to 400s were very much all the same after the longer nose was glued to it , the 500 mentioned, the extra lengthened and then the 600 go back to the 200s except strengthened floor and longer stroke legs for rough field use. There are many other variations of all these models until you step into Fairchild FH models.
    Ian, I bow to your extensive knowledge sir !! Thanks for the definitive response.. ( I should have carefully reread the book before my post - My posting was from work so I had to depend on unreliable memory).

I actually flew in these when I was younger - I remember the DART wine and whistle as they tooled up for takeoff. I also have one memory of flying in the Viscount - I think CHC to AKL and recall the very large passenger windows - wonderful views. Somewhere in my Photo albums I have a picture of me about to board the 737 200 in its final branding series at Momona airport on a Sunny day - access was thru a simple gate and a waste high wire fence separated the public from the aircraft by about 15 meters max. Far cry from today's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikehughes View Post
    I actually flew in these when I was younger - I remember the DART wine and whistle as they tooled up for takeoff. I also have one memory of flying in the Viscount - I think CHC to AKL and recall the very large passenger windows - wonderful views. Somewhere in my Photo albums I have a picture of me about to board the 737 200 in its final branding series at Momona airport on a Sunny day - access was thru a simple gate and a waste high wire fence separated the public from the aircraft by about 15 meters max. Far cry from today's situation.
    The windows, "the very large passenger windows" Viscounts windows are the same used on the Friendship, Great views without a doubt, Momona airport I still recall the walk out from the terminal building to view the aircraft, there was both a Viscount and the Friendship on the ramp, lean up against the wire fence ... what ever happened to our viewing platforms and public viewing for us plane nutters.

Members who have read this thread: 1