MAAM C-47 Paratrooper effect question ?

Thread: MAAM C-47 Paratrooper effect question ?

MAAM C-47 Paratrooper effect question ?

I primarily fly P3D v2.4 . I still have v1.4 loaded , mainly due to the fact it still runs all the excellent WWII sceneries by various scenery makers here at SOH and other places . v1.4 also runs MAAM's C-47 and B-25 pretty well . My question is , would the paratrooper effects on some of the MAAM's C-47 models transfer to another C-47(ex: MJ's C-47 v2) or would be it be tied into the model itself ? I don't want to infringe upon any copyright rules although MAAM support is defunct , I believe they still sell their models , don't they ? I realize it would require changes to the aircraft.cfg file and placing it into the effects folder and effects/texture folder . If it's tied into the model someway , I know it would be a no go .

Rich (sorry , I get up early in the morning and ask these type of questions--probably due to a lack of caffeine LOL)
    Last edited by Crusader; October 23rd, 2014 at 04:30.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Found an effects tread over at AVSim forums ; http://forum.avsim.net/topic/411190-...nimations-fsx/
    It's a pretty good read if your interested in this sort of thing although it doesn't offer any specific solutions . It sounds like this
    may be a major PIA since this AC is a FS9 portover that eventually offered some FSX type updates that made it compatible .
    Last edited by Crusader; October 23rd, 2014 at 04:31.

No response needed here . After a little experimenting(within my PC and very limited graphical knowledge) , putting the effect in another AC is fairly easy , getting it to graphically display properly in v2.4 is another matter . Pic paratrooper 1 is in v1.4 using MAAM's C-47 (Warton model) with no door . Paratrooper2 is in v2.4 using a MJ C-47 v2 (model ?--I don't believe the v2 has any open door models (?) Sorry , didn't realize they were that dark . In v2.4 , paratroopers exit out the door fine but when in decent to ground , chutes stretch out and don't display properly . Bottom Line : If I want paratroopers , I'll fly P3D v1.4 . I might play around with my graphics settings in v2.4 to see it changes anything .
    Rich ( ok- caffeine has kicked now , no more puzzling treads) Some wise person here at SOH said that " tinkering in flightsiming is highly addictive " , I agree 100% .

Members who have read this thread: 0