TNCM question

Thread: TNCM question

TNCM question

I saw a nose shot of an Airbus at TNCM, facing Malo beach. It was either taxiing on the runway or had just landed on 28, didn't see smoke of a takeoff. Do heavies really land on 28 or are they restricted to 10? With the local geography it didn't seem likely though GA would probably have little problem. Just wondering.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airbus.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	338.6 KB 
ID:	13624
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Back Taxi possibly? If I remember right from flying there a bit... I think there are sections where you must back taxi on the runway...
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

There is no published restriction on taxiway use and no absolute prohibition re: landing 28.
    LNDG RY 28 AT NIGHT PROHIBITED, VMC BY DAY.
    RGT TFC PAT RY 10.
    LNDG PERMSN SUBJECT TO RAMP LIMITATIONS.
    MAX RAMP WT NTE PCN VALUES OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN NETHERLANDS ANTILES AIP.
    ALL JET ACFT LNDG RY 10 SHALL MAKE RGT TURN AT FIRST TURNING BAY OR MAKE A LEFT 180 TURN AT THE END OF THE RY.
    ALL B767 JET ACFT AND HEAVIER LNDG RY 10 SHALL ROLL OUT TO EOR, USE THE TURNING BAY AND MAKE TURNS TO THE RGT.
    OVERFLIGHT OF POPULATED AREAS BLO 2,000 FT PROHIBITED.

However the taxiway from the ramp to the threshold of Rwy 10 narrows significantly past the non-sked parking area. It's likely that airline procedures may limit aircraft with wide-spaced engines from taxiing thru the bottleneck to prevent FOD ingestion or jet blast throwing up debris (not an uncommon restriction) so this type of aircraft would have to exit the ramp via one of the wider exits then backtrack to position Rwy 10. There are pavement markings that provide guidance for the turn.

Attachment 14017

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0