Morane Saulnier 317 rudder issues.

Thread: Morane Saulnier 317 rudder issues.

Morane Saulnier 317 rudder issues.

It is a great looking model! For myself I would like to dampen down the effect of the rudder. I tried various adjustments to the flight tuning and rudder properties section in the aircraft.cfg but nothing seems to work. I also made the rudder tiny in the airfile but that didn't work either (might be obsolete). Any ideas? Cheers.

SOH-CM-2023
    You could also try adjusting the rudder sensitivity in the settings > controls if using FS9, similar I suppose in FSX.
    HTH
    Keith

Good point and I could always turn auto-coordination on too. But it is baffling why I can't adjust it the usual way!

SOH-CM-2023
    You would need to change some yaw values in the .air file - in section 1101, or use very small values in the .cfg flight tuning.
    Keith

Edit,
    Just remembered also that table 519 & 313 can affect rudder. You do not say though at what speed its too sensitive - it could be 519 needs adjusting. Don't have that model so cannot judge.
    Good luck
    K

ms317

This bird's FDE were tweaked which resulted in it being over powered, which is all they (?) wanted. But, they forgot to finish the job. It's FDEs are patterned after the Cub's FDEs (I compard them). Except they (?) were worked on it to fly in FS2K2 and not in FS9. Perhaps that is why it's so 'loose'. I worked on the cfg and air file with the result being it handles much better. I PM'ed the OP and will email him the cfg and air file. Then you can get them from him or he can upload to SOH. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    PS: It did NOT even have a (flight tuning) section in cfg-I added it. And the air file did not have a section 313 (reverse thrust) OR section 519 (Rudder Control Factor). There is work around for that, so no worries.
    PS: Oh, and I did not see a prop, either.
    PS: I just added the 517, 518, and 519 sections to the ms317 air. It does help.
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Rudder effectiveness can be modified in the .Air file in Tbl 343 rudder effectiveness and Primary aerodynamics/yaw Cn_t Dr. If you don't have it, Aircraft Airfile Manager give a good graphic representation of many of the tables and avoids having to work directly with Hex.

Cheers: T

Members who have read this thread: 2