Another WIP preview (an Italian teamwork effort)

Thread: Another WIP preview (an Italian teamwork effort)

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Another WIP preview (an Italian teamwork effort)

A good day to everybody!

I would like to give you a preview of a cooperation effort between me and Gius, born a few weeks ago from his splendid job on the IS4G Fiat BR.20 repaints.

A while ago I had converted to CFS2 Quai and D'Attomo's Fiat CR.32 for FS9. The conversion went flawlessly and the model offers an excellent framerate performance even if it's not multi-LOD. On my Old Faithful I get close to 50 f.p.s.

The Fiat CR.32 is a much neglected model, we only have CFS1-derived IS4G's model, which is so old it looks as if it was carved from a piece of wood. This is too bad because the CR.32 played an important role during the Spanish Civil War and it was the only R.A. fighter plane deployed in Lybia in the early phases of WWII.

Unfortunately, as I honestly stated several times, I am a lousy repainter and my attempts to adapt IS4G's Fiat CR.32 skin did not yield great results. Therefore, everything went on hold since I saw what Gius was capable of with the BR.20. So I wrote him and now I am pleased to announce that we will have soon a decent Fiat CR.32 for CFS2 unfriendly skies.

I carried out the conversion and adapted IS4G's CR.32 flight model and dp file, with obviously exhaust effects and new prop discs. Gius just sent me the below beta repaint, I am attaching it so that everybody can appreciate the great job Gius is doing. Believe me, this little bugger has quite a few texture mapping issues, but Gius is overcoming them splendidly!

Besides, since Fiat is no longer and Italian industry, we are bringing a little Italian craftsmanship back into an historical Fiat production.....

Gius wants also to do a VC and a brand new 2d panel, together with more skins, both for R.A. and SCW.

We will upload the converted Quai/D'Attomo's Fiat CR.32 for everybody's enjoyment as soon as Gius' contribution (huge, if you ask me) to this project will be ready.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CR32_ja_pilot_WD.jpg  
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Icon28 Mmmmmmmmm......

I see this is not stirring a lot of enthusiasm.....I know this is not a hotrod Spitfire, FW190 or Mustang, yet, if anyone plans to install the Spanish Civil War theatre, this is a "must have" plane.

I only feel sorry for Gius, who's literally sweating bullets to adapt better historical textures to a nasty, badly planned texture mapping.

Have a nice w-end.

Cheers!
    KH

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello Keltchi,

Go on doing nice repaints on less-known aircrafts, even if you sometimes feel a bit lonely.
    It's a feeling I sometimes have when doing repaints of Kroatian, French or any other improbable nationality (i.e. other than American, British or German...)
    Vox clamans in deserto, as said in the Bible...

Have a nice week-end

François

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

WIP

Kelti, you hang in there. the two of you are doing a wonderful job, and I for one appreciate it. I have a love for the obscure, unknown and unacknowledged aircraft, especially the between the world wars stuff, and this will fit in nicely.

Steve
    AAF Lament:

"Glory! No more regulations!
    Rip them down at every station!
    Ground the guy that tries to make one!
    And LET US FLY LIKE HELL!"

From "There I Was...Flat On My Back" by Bob Stevens

Tune: Battle Hymn of the Republic

I also very much appreciate what the Italian Team is doing to bring Italian aircraft from FS9 to CFS2

Kelti, just seen the thread. If my post gives you hope, then I've done my small bit for both your efforts.

Power to your elbows chaps!

Graham.

Actually now that I have a MTO install going strong I think we need more of the Italian Fighters.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thank you very much, folks!

I hope Gius is following this thread, because he deserves a big for his efforts.

Cheers!
    KH

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Indeed he does ! I am actually anticipating setting up my gaming PC in the next few weeks & will be doing a whole bunch of updating.

Hi guys,
    Firstly sorry for the late reply, but i'm having several problems in my real life and i was not able to follow the thread nor to prosecute the work until now, but i should finish the upgrade of the Chirri after 1-2 weeks.
    Then, thanks for the appreciations: this particular plane served intensively in the Regia Aeronautica in both northern and eastern african theatres in the first stages of the Italian war, mainly as ground attack and fighter... so you'll need it to recreate the action involving such period...
    Thanks also to Stefano for his work and support in this task...
    Gius

Just discovered this thread. You'r so right. This Italian has been missing for years! At least a good one. I really look forward to see the result. B-)

Thank you to everyone involved. This has been a missing piece in my CFS2 library for a very long time! I am excited to see the results!
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

Members who have read this thread: 0