The Swordfish Needs Your Help If You're a 3D Modeler! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Swordfish Needs Your Help If You're a 3D Modeler!

For some reason, when I replaced the m3d file with the new one with the propeller, it messes up my texture files. In game the plane just appears gray, with no texture at all? Good thing I backed up my files.

Lt. Heinz Becker

HB, that means the model is looking for textures with different names to the ones you're using. Or the textures have been deleted/misplaced.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hmm, I renamed the new files exactly the names of the original m3d files. I wonder if the .rar file opener I used corrupted the new m3d files in some way.

Lt. Heinz Becker

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi HB,

you have to open up the new M3D file and edit the names of textures to match the names of your textures in the aircraft texture folder. You'll need a hex editor to do this. I use XVI32 its a free down load.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Ah okay, that explains why my textures were messing up. Thank you for the reply.

Lt. Heinz Becker

Playing around with greycap.raf position lights I ajusted those for the gc_swordfish_xxx versions:

<Effects>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_r"/>
    <Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_eng0_exh_l"/>
    <Effect Type="Shells0" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="emitter_shells_l_l"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="7.15" PosZ="0.69" PosY="1.73" MinVel="1" MaxVel="30"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-7.15" PosZ="0.69" PosY="1.73" MinVel="1" MaxVel="30"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-3.57" PosZ="0.65" PosY="-0.51" MinVel="1" MaxVel="25"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="3.57" PosZ="0.65" PosY="-0.51" MinVel="1" MaxVel="25"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="-6.9" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="1.57" MinVel="20" MaxVel="27"></Effect>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" PosX="6.9" PosZ="-0.6" PosY="1.57" MinVel="20" MaxVel="27"></Effect>
    </Effects>

Thank you again to greycap.raf without his initial version this mod would not have ben possible.

Pretty interesting, a 32 cm difference in the positioning of the navigation lights. In the MAW version they're 13,66 metres apart, in the GC version 14,30 metres - with the wingspan of the real Swordfish being 13,87 metres it's quite clear that the MAW model is just about spot on in its dimensions while the GC was a bit too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi HB,

you have to open up the new M3D file and edit the names of textures to match the names of your textures in the aircraft texture folder. You'll need a hex editor to do this. I use XVI32 its a free down load.

regards Rob.
    I don't know how to do this yet. I'm hoping when Ted is done with the 3 models someone will make stand alone versions of the 5 or 6 skins that come stock with MAW

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    If I have time on Wednesday I'll put a prop on the float version. I only have two versions the one I worked on and the float.
    Did I miss somerhing,is the float m3d with prop available ? The m3d for this one is different.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

update

Just started working on making the radar equipment. Will get to the pylons soon. Should be up late next week. Will need to be painted, will have a texture map made.

Hi

is this what is needed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sword.jpg  

Looks awesome Ted! Are the rocket rails installed as pylons? And I'm up for taking the painting aspect if you still need someone. Thanks!

Icon26 update

I have finished texturing the new pieces including the radar dome, pylons (rocket and bombs) and aerials. Don't have CFS3 installed so need to do that to test the placement of the parts. Will get done soon.

Looks like you are timing this to be a Christmas present for the community, Ted...looking forward to it!

is this what is needed?

Hi Ted,

yes thats exactly whats needed, looking very sharp. happy to help test etc if you need.

regards Rob.

Looks great Ted! Looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by NachtPiloten
    If I have time on Wednesday I'll put a prop on the float version. I only have two versions the one I worked on and the float

Was the float version with prop ever released ?

Hi Gosd,

Yes, the last ETO patch has both a float and regular landing gear Swordfish with propellers fitted.

regards Rob.

Reinstalled MAW

A third model with two seats and a big fuel tank in the second seat.

Just reinstalled MAW; got it working like a champ in Windows 10 (except for a pesky game exit glitch ...but anyway...). So - I am updating the Swordfish with the prop and texture (thanks NachtPiloten & Gecko), but am wondering if the "third model" as quoted was ever updated (?)

phrog

Members who have read this thread: 0