L-M & Duenna Practice Flights

Thread: L-M & Duenna Practice Flights

L-M & Duenna Practice Flights

For those who want to get in a little practice at posting race legs we're opening this thread. We've added the "2014 L-M Practice" to the Duenna events list in the Duenna settings to make things a bit more easier. Basically, just make a flight from Point A to Point B with the Duenna running and post the results here. We do recommend that the Golden Age pilots fly out of Mildenhall EGUN and modern pilots out of Melbourne.

Any good stories about the flight are welcome too.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Just to start it off, I flew this one last night. I've been flying the Gee Bee from my local airport to Croydon in London (Golden Wings 3). Good way to wring it out and find out problem areas before the race starts. Yesterday, I was flying over Iceland from BIRK to BIHN and managed to blow the engine. The closest airfield was BIHN and it was over 45nm away. So with a rough running and smoking engine, I landed it on the icecap I was flying over.

So last night, I decided to fly it out of there. Took off from the icecap and completed the flight to BIHN with the Duenna running. Nice flight even with a bit of a rough landing at the finish. I've attached the race required Duenna graphic and text files. Also here is a link to the online data on the flight:

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...FaVpBmZyuCapHY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_22-49-27.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey Willy, what a great idea, will give us newbies (hehe) to check out everything. Will be heading East as soon as I figure out which way it is, hehe, to many years flying with Filght !9!. Joke aside. Have been having problems with FSX is seems to want shut down after so many miles. Haven't been able to complete a flight in order to check out the duenna. See you all in Merry Olde England.

Oh right, the sun comes up in the East! dumb dumb. Taco

Let's see if I can make a cock up of this! [Inset blah blah, blather and waffle]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlightLog_19-09-30.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	13568

FlightLog_19-09-30.TXT

Is this what I need to do?

I just noticed this in the TXT file:

Errors:
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z ERROR: Refueled: last fuel weight=532.0002lbs, fuel weight now=557.0000lbs
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z AT N 40* 28.0' / W 122* 51.6' at 7076ft GS:237kts, IAS:202kts, VS:-7ft/min
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z STATE
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z AIRCRAFT Lancair IV-P N5VZ / Counter 2
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z ERROR NEW: [Refueled]
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z AT N 40* 28.0' / W 122* 51.6' at 7076ft GS:237kts, IAS:202kts, VS:-7ft/min
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z STATE
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z AIRCRAFT Lancair IV-P N5VZ / Counter 2
    21.10.2014 18:03:09z

I took off, headed off somewhere, during the flight I set a route to an airport on my GPS. Landed there and finished. What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; October 21st, 2014 at 10:26. Reason: Just noticed something!

Ron,

It says you refueled.. I doubt that you did. There are some new advanced aircraft out there that use simconnect or other to replicate a fuel return, (IE fuel injected engines) it cannot do this precisely. Duenna traps this discrepancy. Another example is the A2A P-51 V3 w/ Accusim. Miss Nellie and the crew tested this aircraft, I wonder if the crew tested it under Duenna.. MMM??

Roman

Did a short test hop from Mildenhall across the Thames Estuary to Manston (EGMH.) Made sure the ADF radios both work, and practiced not killing myself whilst landing the stubby little beastie. I think I should come in a little faster, as it seems from the replays that the tail is smacking down upon the runway and sending me aloft again (and again).

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Did a similar test flight to Manston.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlightLog_19-43-37.JPG  

In keeping with the seemingly popular test flight from Mildenhall to Manston, I did the same.

Name:	FlightLog_00-05-22.JPG 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	13674

FlightLog_00-05-22.TXT

Was a very turbulent flight... I was tossing the idea around of dragging my 42" TV downstairs to use as my flying monitor for this race; this has firmly changed my mind. If anyone has every flown the Caudron in gusty conditions, they'll know what I mean - the whole plane sways from side to side enough to make you seasick!

Now, I did notice that the Real-WX box stayed yellow. I'm using ASN, and I can most definitely confirm that I'm using real weather (I feel dizzy from all that rocking and swaying!). Is this correct and the way things should be???

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    Now, I did notice that the Real-WX box stayed yellow. I'm using ASN, and I can most definitely confirm that I'm using real weather (I feel dizzy from all that rocking and swaying!). Is this correct and the way things should be???
    I got the same thing using AS2012 (see attached file). Roman (Spokes2112) says that this is normal due to the Duenna reading the wx state of FSX ("User-Defined") when using an outside weather engine. My interpretation of the rules and related posts in the "119 Picadilly" thread is that this is OK and within the spirit of the rules. Judges?
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

No worries Jim & Craig. Please press on.

Thanks Moses!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Good stuff, thanks Moses!

(edit)

I did see the reference to an external weather engine setting '4' in the sim; my question was prompted by the fact that while using ASN with real world weather, my FlightLog text file reads:

Info: Previous Flight.FLT/Weather/WeatherType: '0' (NOT GOOD)

I guess I was looking for confirmation of whether that's right. I'll take your assurance that it is, Moses, but I wanted to point that bit about the '0' being set in my logfile!

Just completed a practice run from EGUN to EGLF.

Early morning run, weather good with broken cloud at 5000ft, Bit bumpy flying along just under cloud base.

Duenna seems to be working fine, here are the results for checking;

Only one issue, but seems not to be logged in the end. On take-off I get a red "Error 1: Overspeed 0:0s" in the Duenna Window Not sure how that generated lifting off at 82-85kts.?
    But only errors logged are the known P3D related Realism (crashdetection) and Weather errors.

All OK to go I hope?

Rob

;

Name:	FlightLog_17-54-52.JPG 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	13730

Practice is a good thing!
    Reloaded the Miles Falcon prior to the test hop from Stanstead to Mildenhall and everything seemed fine until I wanted to find my way through the early morning fog/haze, only to discover that the boffins at Stanstead had apparently neglected to connect some wires - so, no ADF or other special radio bits. Finally fudged my way to Mildenhall and I "think" I have all the wires now properly wired.

Tracking-URL: (Flight-ID: MEx9vLqdc3S4B6ZTx9uBNLlyzU)
    http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...B6ZTx9uBNLlyzU

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0