Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Thread: Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Arguably, THE Best Win Of Brad's Career

Something tells me that Brad will remember this one for a long time. Kid drove one heckuva race here!
    He also was a bit humbled at the podium with regards to last week's events which tells me that he has heeded the words of a certain Roger Penske.

One for the record books today...

Hey All,

Yes heck of a win! I don't think Roger said anything to him - Brad is not a hothead - never has been. He is smart and that is why I like him. What I didn't like was Joey blocking Harvick to let Brad go - then Joey dropped back as he either realized or was told not to do that. Most probably didn't even notice.

Poor Jimmie no friends at the end and Kasey just needed a top 10 to be in. Plate racing is tough.

As an add - I think Hendrick engines need to step it up for next year or for jeff to win this year. I think they are down on power as their cars lack a little speed compared to RCR or especially Penske Fords.

As a further add - Wonderful seein Danica in front!!!!

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    I don't think Roger said anything to him -

-Ed-
    We'll just have to agree to disagree since neither of us knows the real truth - But based upon how Roger has treated his other drivers in the past, I'd still say Brad received a few words from Roger.

Roger doesn't air his dirty laundry in public - but you can see it in his drivers during the next week(s)....

Hey All,

Brad has been driving for Roger for near 5 years. He gave Roger his only Championships in Nationwide and Sprint Cup and you are telling me that he is a hothead that Roger has to control. Uh no Brad and Roger know each other pretty well - Roger doesn't need to "father" Brad in any way shape or form. Sure they discussed it but I've no doubt nothing like you are thinking - an owner doesn't talk to a driver who has given him his only two championships that way. But you are right we have no CVR evidence.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Lightbulb

Hey All,

Brad has been driving for Roger for near 5 years. He gave Roger his only Championships in Nationwide and Sprint Cup and you are telling me that he is a hothead that Roger has to control. Uh no Brad and Roger know each other pretty well - Roger doesn't need to "father" Brad in any way shape or form. Sure they discussed it but I've no doubt nothing like you are thinking - an owner doesn't talk to a driver who has given him his only two championships that way. But you are right we have no CVR evidence.

-Ed-

Yes I am telling you this.
    Al Unser Jr. gave Roger an Indy win (you know how much those mean to him) and a CART Championship. Yet at the end of the day, Al Jr. was shown to the door by Roger.

At the end of the day, Championships don't mean as much to Roger as the reputation of his name and company do.

Hey All,

I know Al Unser Jr's history - circumstances are completely different with Brad. No valid comparison whatsoever.

-Ed-

Lightbulb

Hey All,

I know Al Unser Jr's history - circumstances are completely different with Brad. No valid comparison whatsoever.

-Ed-
    Like I said...
    At the end of the day, his name and company reputation mean more than trophy's.

But I understand you being biased towards Brad is not keeping you objective here.

Hey All,

Well I guess I'll point it out. Equating Brad Keselowski with an alcoholic open wheel racer who wrote a book about being an alcoholic is not valid and I've little doubt Roger would agree.

On to Martinsville... I'm likin the Harv here however the fords will be hard to beat but my sentimental favorite is Ryan Newman - I'd be ecstatic if Ryan could give another championship to Richard Childress my favorite owner...

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Like I said...
    At the end of the day, his name and company reputation mean more than trophy's.
    But I understand you being biased towards Brad is not keeping you objective here.

I remember Roger Penske from my long ago teens, he was probably the best and most intelligent racer in the US, at the time R&T was eagerly awaited and much prized by our spotty MG driving circle of friends.
    From the SCCA, USRRC, TransAm and Canam, WSCC, NASCAR, USA and CART, and even a season of (Shock! Horror!) F1 as a driver, followed later as an owner/constructor, Roger Penske has been the consummate professional, and seems to remain so to this day.We look forward to his arrival in the Supercar series with anticipation.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Hey All,

Well I guess I'll point it out. Equating Brad Keselowski with an alcoholic open wheel racer who wrote a book about being an alcoholic is not valid and I've little doubt Roger would agree.

On to Martinsville... I'm likin the Harv here however the fords will be hard to beat but my sentimental favorite is Ryan Newman - I'd be ecstatic if Ryan could give another championship to Richard Childress my favorite owner...

-Ed-

Kurt Busch.
    But again, your heavy "pro-Brad" bias clouds your ability to view the larger picture. See Wombat's post above.

And if you truly believe that Brad didn't receive any words of wisdom from Roger, then your bias is simply way over the top.

Hey All,

You have never heard me say one bad word about Roger Penske and you will not. As an owner he no doubt did talk with Brad about the incident. Your trying to say Brad is an out of control hothead as out of control as alcoholic Al Unser Jr is what is over the top. I do not buy it at all.

be an interesting race.

-Ed-

easyed...i decided not to get in these spats on here..but ive got to speak up..panther was trying to point out that Penski is a tough but fair man (well ok thats how i see him) and that he most probably did talk to Brad..id give it a 99% chance he DID have a talk with him..it wold be in his best intrist to do so,but one thing ive noticed over time about brad ..and you..you both seem to think that the last word is yours,you are never wrong...i could say more..but then it would be a personal attack on you..and i dont wish to do that..but..again with the but...you seem to have contradicted yourself yet again ..read your first post..then read your last...see anything odd?..i do...

one last thing...brad has never been a hothead?...wow.....i suppose you blame Carl Edwards for all that happened between them?...but before you do..remember bard wreaked carl on purpose to start that entire thing...thats non negotiable ,,and you then need to go back to the day he started in nationwide...he was in a argument..which he started..he has long had a chip on his shoulder..i think he became a driver for one purpose and that was to prove to nascar and its pea-ons that the kesolowski famil could win and race in nascar...hes done that..now he just needs to find some humility and just race...just because he cant win em all isnt a reason to whine...

BTW..when kenseth went to pass him high,he ran up the track to block and put kenseth into the wall..wasnt matts fault at all..matt was racing,brad was blocking..brad and joey (he is like a marsupial aint he?)have had a long history of blocking and not just racing....

and easyed?..you seem to know everything about racing...how many years did you drive?..im being serious..not a smartass...id like to know..

"I know Al Unser Jr's history".
    "An alcoholic open wheel racer who wrote a book about being an alcoholic".

I doubt you have any idea of the personal life of Al Unser Jr.
    The second statement is not only ignorant it is crass.
    Alcoholism is a disease, an illness universally accepted as such by the Medical Profession the World over.
    To 'write a a book about being an alcoholic' and face up to it in public requires considerable courage,demonstrating a strength of character that is obviously beyond your comprehension.
    I should add that I was never much of an Unser fan (the Andretti's were my type) but he was a pretty good driver in his day and a pleasant enough person.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lightbulb

Hey All,

You have never heard me say one bad word about Roger Penske and you will not. As an owner he no doubt did talk with Brad about the incident. Your trying to say Brad is an out of control hothead as out of control as alcoholic Al Unser Jr is what is over the top. I do not buy it at all.

be an interesting race.

-Ed-

EasyEd,
    Once again, your "pro-Brad" bias is blatantly obvious.

You've ignored my last reference to Kurt Busch and instead, chosen to revert back to Al Unser Jr.

In any event, it's pointless for me to debate this anymore because as Daveroo pointed out, in the end you are always right in your mind...

Hey All,

I'm fine with just leaving this alone as Brad and Roger talked about it as owner to driver not older wiser to young hothead.

Daveroo Carl was in the wrong Brad had the position stayed above the yellow line and did as NASCAR said Boys have at er and drove thru Carl when he tried to block. Carl's retaliation was near criminal and he got a 3 race probation and should have got worse. Go look at the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HewP8joqTJ4

Listen to Carl - he should have given me room - he got his. Carl was disgusting. Brad is just better. And as for Kenseth - he admitted in his post race interview he should not have tried going outside Brad.

Wombat Yes it showed real character for Al Unser Jr to step up and admit his problem. I admire that but it wasn't till after Penske fired him. I was especially disappointed at Al Unser Sr and Bobby Unser who in my opinion failed Al Jr through their denial of his problem. I know it is a sickness and a disease - my stepfather was one and alcoholism killed my brother. Don't lecture me on this.

-Ed-

An add: P I think these last race wins are likely going to those in the chase but Kurt is a good choice.

ok..i turned the video off after 32 seconds..as i see were all wrong..by god you dare block brad and will wreak ya for the win...as i stated before...brad started it by wreaking carl instead of being a clean driver and taking his second place slot...and by god when someone else trys to block him...whats he done?..wreak em..and he will continue to do so until someone either kills him or maims him...what carl did in "retaliation" wasnt anything he didnt do right back..i dont see where you can possibly sayd carls actions were criminal ,yet brads werent..and then bards dad.who drive his way out of a wet paper bag ,threatened to kill carl if he touched his lil boy ever again...yeah lots of high caliber action there..but like i said before..you must allways be right,and your word is final...so..i just will put you on ignore from now on..im tired of your completely bias opinons ...

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post

Roger Penske has been the consummate professional, and seems to remain so to this day.We look forward to his arrival in the Supercar series with anticipation.

With Ambros back along with Roger, I think I'm going to have to try and tune in to some races!
    I just wish I had seem them race in Austin......

Hey All,

Dave your choice but the video is clear. Brad was simply saying I'm here and I am as good as anybody - this younger driver must give win to older driver is just BS. That old earn your way to the top in a respectful way is just BS! You get one shot go for it! I like Brad for that and say good on ya. You think Roger Penske said Brad you supposed to let Carl win. I doubt it. Brad is a I ain't givin you an inch an I don't expect an inch from you late in the race kind of driver. Dale Earnhardt my all time favorite (in a tie with David Pearson a thinker) was that way too. Brad will make every driver out there respect him and I like that. Kevin harvick another favorite of mine is a bit that way too. An Joey Logano another favorite well maybe - he is a talent but I'm not sure what his style is yet. My other two favorites Jimmie and Kasey don't race that way at all but 6 pack Jimmie has been pretty effective and I still think Kasey can be successful in a style a lot like Jimmie. I like smart drivers either thinkers or smart quiet aggressive - not hotheads. Everybody has their favorites and why - these are mine right now.

Thinkin the Bathhurst Ute races should be up on Youtube by now...

-Ed-
    Last edited by EasyEd; October 22nd, 2014 at 20:51.

Members who have read this thread: 0