Red Dog XII - F8F-1 Fictional USAF Repaint

Thread: Red Dog XII - F8F-1 Fictional USAF Repaint

Red Dog XII - F8F-1 Fictional USAF Repaint

Still learning the ropes of this repainting business, and wish I had the skills of some you artists out there! But it's getting close...finally got the Stencils on. But I've got to figure out how to get a red border around the the "PQ" and "0"... I've also seen a dog nose art on the right hand side on a restored version but I've also seen pictures without it...not sure which is more accurate, but since I can't find a completely side on profile shot in high enough resolution I may have to negate the dog art altogether...Since it's fictional anyway! I guess it doesn't much matter! Enjoy!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Well I think I've got the stencil look I want. Unfortunately it's just slightly the wrong font...err..stencil...but I can't find the correct one...not sure how to create my own yet...but I'm happy with this fictitious representation! Just need to package it up and upload now...Drop tank textures will be included also...

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Is there no way of getting rid of the remaining part of the former NAVY markings that still show on the bare metal?

I posted a fix for that on flightsim, and here I believe a couple years back. Look for "vertigo bearcat fix".

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Sorry...

Here's a link to the thread. Link to the download under the screenshot.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I have a partially hidden "101" in my spec alpha. Which to my taste, I kind of liked the effect. One thing im going to eliminate is the strap line. I guess I could try to eliminate the "101" completely and offer it as an alternative .dds file. I was thinking that it looked a lot more used that way...but it shouldn't be too much trouble to create a separate file for those who don't like remnants! We'll see what I can come up with...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 2