My latest repaint the FW190 F8 from 1./SG4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest repaint the FW190 F8 from 1./SG4

My latest repaint the FW190 F8 from 1./SG4

This repaint has been on my to-do list for far too long. But as you can see it is nearly finished and will be uploaded soon(ish).

The repaint depicts a FW190 F8 from 1./SG4 when this group was based in the Turin area. White 1 was most probably flown by the Staffelkapitän. The aircraft of this unit were hand sprayed in a RLM 79 and 80 scheme over the factory paint, without making the masking the original markings.

Cheers,
    Huub

Menacing looking fellow! Nice work Huub.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Beau-ti-ful! Weathering and damage is very nicely done! You're a master!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Great stuff Huub, I especially like the detail of the area just to the left of the cockpit. Mine always looks like specks. Yours looks like the real thing. Thanks!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Nice work Huub!!
    Best, Michael

Thanks for the kind words. For those who want it, it is available in the file library.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you very much,Huub!
    Mike

Another great repaint.

Thanks!

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Nice one!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Downloaded this morning Huub. The work is first class as usual. Now to install and fly the Classic Hanger FW-190 A8 with the colors of the 1./SG4 flown by the Staffelkapitan. Give me a chance to check out the Alps scenery.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Very good Huub!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it. Actually when I started this repaint I did it to have something nice to explore the upcoming Afrika Korps scenery by Michael (MCDesign) and Mark (roger wilco-66). Too late I realised that this particular aircraft never saw Northern Africa .

But meanwhile I have started a new repaint for this purpose. The sandblasted FW190A4 flown by the German ace Adolf Dickfeld. Who was "Gruppenkommandeur" from I./JG2. Although most FW190s were rushed into combat and kept their original factory paint, some of them were repainted in desert colours and a few even received tropical filters. The FW190 from the "Gruppenkommandeur" was one of the aircraft which were repainted.

Below a small pre-view of the weathering. Remember its only a pre-view and weathering on the final repaint might even be worse.

Cheers,
    Huub

Anyone know where I can get the historically accurate tail textures?

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Anyone know where I can get the historically accurate tail textures?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave, this particular aircraft had the tailmarking painted over. When you look closely to this repaint you can still see traces from the tailmarking.

When you use one of the tailmarkings you can find behind the link posted by Mathias, you will loose the unit marking on the cowling.

In short: The repaint is historically completely correct as it is.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Dave, this particular aircraft had the tailmarking painted over. When you look closely to this repaint you can still see traces from the tailmarking.

When you use one of the tailmarkings you can find behind the link posted by Mathias, you will loose the unit marking on the cowling.

In short: The repaint is historically completely correct as it is.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Noted, thanks.

I'll make sure that this skin uses the existing defaults, by moving them into the individual texture folder.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like it. Actually when I started this repaint I did it to have something nice to explore the upcoming Afrika Korps scenery by Michael (MCDesign) and Mark (roger wilco-66). Too late I realised that this particular aircraft never saw Northern Africa .

But meanwhile I have started a new repaint for this purpose. The sandblasted FW190A4 flown by the German ace Adolf Dickfeld. Who was "Gruppenkommandeur" from I./JG2. Although most FW190s were rushed into combat and kept their original factory paint, some of them were repainted in desert colours and a few even received tropical filters. The FW190 from the "Gruppenkommandeur" was one of the aircraft which were repainted.

Below a small pre-view of the weathering. Remember its only a pre-view and weathering on the final repaint might even be worse.

Cheers,
    Huub

Terrific work Huub!

It takes great skill and plenty of restraint to pull off convincing weathering.
    Shame the majority of model builders can't get it right.
    At the Australian Nationals this year the majority of WW2 models were either 'junk yard dogs' (way over weathered!!!!!!!) or 'show room fresh' (just rolled out of the paint shop!!!) ............................... subtle they were not.
    Muppets!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. With virtual paint I can finally achieve what I tried (but in which I never succeeded) with plastic models.

This repaint is one of the suitable "desert" paints which fit in the period from MCDesign's scenery. As I personally think the scheme is a bit boring I tried to make it interesting by applying some detailed weathering. Personally I think it looks nice and reasonably realistic. I always think about scenarios which could damage an aircraft and apply the weathering and damage accordingly. For instance the left wing is more damaged than the right wing, as the footstep is on the left side, so the pilot climbed into the cockpit from that side.

However I have some doubts whether a "Gruppenkommandeur" would fly in such a weathered aircraft......

Cheers,
    Huub

Nearly there......

It is not that strange that there are not many German aircraft known in desert scheme. On October 23 of 1942 the Axis had 76 Italian and 122 German planes available, the British/Allied had 1.585. The ratio was 1/5. In El Alamein the Axis could rely only on a fighter or diving bomber force; the RAF, instead, had a large bombing force available with that were launched hundreds of raids beyond the Axis lines.

Cheers,
    Huub

And of course, the British had David Stirling and the fledgling SAS taking care of Axis 'Air Strength Logistics' at ground level.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Its available in the file library for those who want it.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Outstanding,Huub---thank you!
    Mike

outstanding stuff, Huub!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Having always been a huge German fighter modeler Im glad someone is finally going some paints for these birds. So many to choose from with such wild paint schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Having always been a huge German fighter modeler Im glad someone is finally going some paints for these birds. So many to choose from with such wild paint schemes.
    Hi A-4

There are actually quite a few repaints done for the Classics Hangar FW190A. When you dive into the file library here at the SOH and do a text search on "classics" you will find several repaints done by Stovall, alx, Smashing Time and me. On Aussiex you can find at least one repaint done by JanKees.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 2