Height screen FS9 plane in FSX

Thread: Height screen FS9 plane in FSX

Height screen FS9 plane in FSX

Hi Guys,

Loading a FS9 plane in FSX decrease the height of the screen, so I get a broad black strip in the lower zone of the screen. Can this be solved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cees

You have to edit the panel.cfg of that plane. There is a line which says "render 3d windows" something like that. The value is 0 or 1. Change that value (if it's 0, set it to one and vice versa).
    You'll have to restart the sim.

open the panel.cfg file, the very last line should be something like

Y=4180 (for example), change the value to Y= 6143 , that should do it, that value seems to work to fix that problem in FS9 portovers

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    You have to edit the panel.cfg of that plane. There is a line which says "render 3d windows" something like that. The value is 0 or 1. Change that value (if it's 0, set it to one and vice versa).
    You'll have to restart the sim.
    This. But I usually just remove the whole "render 3d window" line.

The solution Daube presented works! Another strange thing: the throttle gives way too much power and is hard to cut off. Only repeatedly using F1 does the trick. I noticed more planes have that tendency. But I can fly with these shortcomings and the Alphasim FS9 Starfighter has a new life in FSX!

BTW: good to talk to you guys again!

And Dave, thank you so much for all the wonderful planes!

Cees

Black Area in Panel View

i port over lots of models. What I do is put mouse cursor on top black edge, and when cursor turns into double-arrow, I left click (and hold) then pull down that edge where it's at very bottom of window. Done that a million times.

But I can now try changing the 'Y' value in panel cfg and see if that works (which I am sure it will). I learn something new every day.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Members +
    Yup, that panel cfg edit works.
    I had forgotten about that. Takes me back quite a few years when I was porting over FS9 stuff.
    Cees, great stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 1