More then one CFS2

Thread: More then one CFS2

Question More then one CFS2

I would appreciate knowing if you can run CFS2 (Pacific) and CFS2 (Battle for Europe) on same computer and if yes then "How?"

Have not been able to copy my CFS2 Battle for Europe Disks. Any way to do so?

Thanks,

Gib

There is no CFS2 Battle for Europe....
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Yes you can... first create one install then find the folder where the install is located and rename its folder. Then take your disks again and create a second install. Use one for Pacific flying and set the other up for Europe. You can choose either one for the Pacific theatre.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Hi Browngib,

here's my suggestion:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=6374

A formidable method of just one install with the possibility of switching around different war theatres. 900+ aircraft installed in 8 war theatres from early WWII to Korean conflict in my pc.

Try it!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Guys, while both methods have been used for some years now, they both are somewhat dated and a little superfluous by today's standards. The EasyMultiinstall method was very helpful for creating and consolidating multiple installs into one sim package for situations where hard drive capacity was limited. But with current, inexpensive uber-gig capacity drives on the market, we're no longer forced into such constraints. Not to mention that this method can be somewhat challenging for the CFS2 novice who may not be familiar with the structure or mechanics of the sim's directory. This one gave the newbies fits back in the day.

As for the multiple CD insertion method, its a very time consuming and redundant way to make duplicate copies. The OS can paste a copy much faster than the CD drive can work.

If the user has the drive capacity, the easiest method is to simply make multiple copies of the original virgin install using the conventional Ctrl+C ---> Ctrl+V method and rename them according to theater. After that one can tweak the aircraft and ship types as well as the scenery to reflect the respective theaters.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

You may try the suggested method for setting up a WWI separate install

http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/WW1_CFS2.htm
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

I do the last method.

I make shortcut of the cfs2.exe for each. They are named for thier theater.

Right now I have 4 installed. WWI, Korea, ETO, and a Test install. All with thier own MB link. I've had up to 6 at one time.

I don't like the whole swaping files and AC's. Each are installed how I want them. With thier own Ships, buildings and AC.

I haven't lost but one install due to it being currupted in 10 years.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

The Hardwood (headed) tree

Gentlemen and Ladies (I am old fashioned);

My old 81 year eyes and brain misread the disks I had in my hand as CFS2 when they were CFS3. Thanks for your interest and help. I learned a lot even when on the wrong track.

OK I now have CFS3 ETO installed along with CFS2 Pacific and CFS2 Europe (Modified versions Eastern Front, BoB Early and BoB Late, Mediterranean Early and Late). I am working on my own version that I call
    Gib's Fighter Command.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Gib Brown
    Commander, US Coast Guard (Retired)
    CG Aviator #795 and Helo Pilot #395

Members who have read this thread: 1