Seafire to Spitfire

Thread: Seafire to Spitfire

Seafire to Spitfire

I got an idea the other day. Has anyone hacked the Aeroplane Heaven Seafire LIII into a MkIX version? Isn't it just to disable the wingfold animation and somehow hide the arresterhook? Should be possible. Because it's one of the prettiest Spit models around i think. Even the pilot figure is perfect.

Morton

Removing the folding wings should be nothing but a cfg edit to remove the [folding_wings]. The Tail hook may be best to be alpha-ed out on the texture. I don't have the model so I can't say how the hook is textured if it is textured at all.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Seafire LIII

Hi Morton

just one problem with your otherwise good idea -- the Seafire LIII resembles the Spitfire Mk V -- having a tube-like oil cooler under the port wing whereas the Mk IX has what appear to be identical radiators under each wing

also Seafire LIII has six exhaust stubs each side - Spitfire Mk V has three - can you add a radiator to port wing to mask oil cooler ?

sorry to put a downer on it

all the best

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Perfect, Baldy. I have some ideas for you covering some British and French bombers, may we talk about it?

Cheers

Pepe

Baldy, Of course you are right. I was a bit quick there.

Mort

Members who have read this thread: 0