Alabeo C207 Skywagon released. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo C207 Skywagon released.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Carenado has a T34B. I have not purchased because of the surprisingly low quality (for a Carenado) of the VC.
    It is quite old, was released in 2008 I think. That said, I think the Alphasim version is much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Carenado has a T34B. I have not purchased because of the surprisingly low quality (for a Carenado) of the VC.
    The Carenado Mentor was originally released in 2004. The fact that it's over 10 years old explains why its visuals are now considered low quality. This is why I'd love to see an updated version with a 'worn' VC in HD textures.

Getting back on track. Just how many Cessna's can you have? I must have at least 8 in my hangar and to be honest enough's enough. The last Cessna I purchased was the A2A C172 and that was because it's, simply, such an outstanding release. I would rather Alabeo concentrate on more unusual aircraft and leave the Cessna's to Carenado.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

I agree 100% with those who think that Alabeo is putting out too many planes that should be released by Carenado, and should go back to putting out planes that nobody has done.

I would suggest that e-mailing Alabeo about this might get them to at least consider going back to what they did best.
    I used to buy every plane Alabeo made, they have now released three planes without a purchace from me. After the release of the C-172 from A2A, why would I want another small Cessna that doesn't come close to the A2A's realism?

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Flies like it should with the instrumentation appropriate for the type, easy on FPS, behaves as any mini Freight Dog should.

Attachment 13400

Attachment 13401

Attachment 13402
    Is that based on actual 207 real-world experience? Just wondering.

Don

Another cessna... its one of the few that was never made in flightsim... its a workhorse of Canada and Alaska, and a total classic and fairly rare actually... (well compared to a 172.) Another Cessna? hardly. an AWESOME bushplane? yep!

And for the record, Alabeo made most of Carenado's cessnas

Uhh...NO!!!

$30 for yet another Carenado/Alabeo product that looks purty but has glitches the end user must fix... been there, done that and tired of it. I've enough "bush plane" in the 337... finally works fine given all the community fixes. I'll save this $30 for something (anything, really) offered by vendors like A2A and RealAir.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I follow this thread until the 207 comes out and see a lot of "negative" comments. I am a very happy 207-Owner and like this plane a lot - like others said, it is one of the classic workhorses that fly around the globe. I personally want this plane from the first development-screen i'd seen at alabeo. Since i saw a few Episodes from "Flying Wild Alaska"in tv, i'd hoped it will be developed and now it is there.
    My personal opinion is that alabeo make very nice planes - for those of us that want to use FlightSimulation as a hobby to relax and enjoy - not to practise fly complex planes or have system-failures or anything else. If you want those, alabeo isn't your number one but if you like beautyfull looking planes, with high level of detail in textures and vc where you can jump in and fly, alabeo is one of the first.
    And specialy for the 207 - it fly exact as i expected that it fly, like a workhorse - very stable and good to handle (for an Armchair-pilot like me)

So, keep up the blue in FSX and happy flying to all

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Another cessna... its one of the few that was never made in flightsim...
    Mikko Maliniemi did one for Fs2002 (Search c207mggs.zip at flightsim.com) which was a great aircraft back then and one of my first aircraft when I started flightsimming. It even had the same green paint as the Alabeo model. (Comes with one extra seat though, so it's a Stationair 8).
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

That fs2002 one doesn't really count... very aged model... no vc, low poly and detail.. good at the time but not now... no real qualifier to call fsx suitable.

I spent about my first year and a half as a bush pilot driving the 207 about, mostly North of the Yukon River. A challenge to fly at aft CG and full load, which was almost always how we flew it. On my checkout the instructor the infamous Gary Bakewell, said "fly it like it's a 747". Turned out to be good advice, and amazingly I later flew the latter aircraft for 17 years. One time I hauled our lone Congressman and his family around to all the Yukon Flats villages, he sat all the way in the back and smoked his cigar...

you could tell if it was out of CG, the tail would fall on the ground. Often we carried a triple mailer of soda in the fwd baggage to help the CG out.

t

Great story Tom! Love hearing real experiences!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

In Fort Yukon (pronounced Forchukon) there was school district guy named Ted Narrow. Ted drove an old orange ex state pickup that had a bad case of leans to the left. The reason? he weighed some 450#! One day I had to take him to one of the villages, the weight and balance listed him as a std 170#.... Minor discussion issued though we were authorized to use a std weight. Anyway he was the only pax so I had to load him in the middle row and essentially belt him in with a cargo strap (this was the good old days). The really amazing part was Ted had once been an F4 Phantom Driver. Thyroid issue?

Just purchased it and tried it out. It looks, sounds, and flies fantastically as far as I can tell. I did notice (and report) the misspelling of the word "continuous" as well as the fact that the red flag on the turn coordinator stays visible even with electrical power on.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the product itself. The only other "issue" is that I wanted to try to repaint it, but the template is all on one texture sheet, and is VERY fragmented. Good luck trying to apply a smooth set of lines across the length of the aircraft. The white texture "repaint kit" splits the aircraft up into probably no more than 2 ft. chunks each, all in different areas of the template.

So much for an extensive beta test! LOL! I wish developers would make these things easier to paint. These segmented textures are a real pain.

Don

Couldn't you copy one of the textures from the painted planes and paste it on a separate layer in the white texture/paint "kit" and use that as an alignment reference?

I never thought I would go back to Alabeo after the Staggerwing (with the yoke shadow) and the Sportscruiser (with the gap in the rear window), but do like this a lot. Not your usual Cessna, have to use my feet a lot with this and think will be using it a lot more in the future. I'm not much of a navaids chap, preferring to use a map to get around with, but tried to change the Transponder code to 7000 and although managed to do this in the end, cant get the unit to turn on.

Going back for more!

Martin

You know what really gets my goat (besides goat thieves) about this release....? The price hike, the painful paint kit and most important.....no floats!!!! Now come on Alabeo. You bang on about a "bush version" so would that not include "floats"!?!?! If you included a "float" version I could understand the price hike...but no!!?! You release a product that again does not stand out and is in fact a real PITA to paint! I strongly believe Alabeo need to get back to "standing out" and produce unusual or "not done before" products.... Yes a C207 has not been done. But a C207 with wheels, tundra and floats....now that is what I would buy!

Also...what's with the plethora of "N" rego's in a product release all the time? Why not do some other country rego's and have one "N" rego?

I think 207s on floats are pretty rare.
    The 207 is more an air taxi aircraft than a bush plane

I've done a few repaints for the 207, based on the original paints and the blank textures. If anyone is interested, please drop me a line

Kindest regards

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 207_1.jpg   207_3.jpg   207_2.jpg   207_4.jpg   207_7.jpg  

The paint-kit is utterly woeful, there are certainly easier ways to lay it all out for repainters, for me the repainting possibility is key to a models success, the half a dozen American 'N' reg paints supplied simply dont cut it for the price, apart from that I love it!
    Last edited by Timbohobo; October 29th, 2014 at 16:13.

Three more paints to choose from .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C207_9.jpg   C207_10.jpg   C207_11.jpg  

Very nice paints Dirk, thanks for sharing!

ok - I know I said I wouldn't buy it....but now I'm glad I did
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm in love with that old workhorse - so here are my last 5 paints for her ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 207_12.jpg   207_13.jpg   207_14.jpg   207_15.jpg   207_16.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3