Flysimware - Bell 47G And Sioux H-13 Rev. 1.9 Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flysimware - Bell 47G And Sioux H-13 Rev. 1.9 Released

Flysimware - Bell 47G And Sioux H-13 Rev. 1.9 Released

Nice! There's also an update for the very nice "Velocity" but after looking into it, it only changes the resolution on some textures to make them sharper.

Not a "fresh apple" but still looking and flying good. Just any ideas for better sound? Model uses R-22 default sound.

H-13 Sioux and Vienam War Project:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hmm.. interested to hear if you find anything YoYo. The 47 has a distinctive sound doesn't it and the R22 doesn't come close. I don't fly it often as despite it's size.. it's a bit of a frame hog on my rig.

ATB
    DaveB

Seeing that the pilot now looks like a human being (the only reason I didn't buy it when released was the strange looking pilot) I have bought it with 50% off (PC Aviator) and I'm really enjoying it!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's a funny one to paint.. the maps are all over the place. Couldn't stand the stretched look of G-CHOP so had a look inside!! Made a start on this..
    but it remains WIP as I can't find what some of the logo's are.

ATB
    DaveB

Looks great Dave!

This looks like a fun Cab to fly using Oculus, almost close to levitation with such a minimal panel in the way!

Cheers,

Fras

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. interested to hear if you find anything YoYo. The 47 has a distinctive sound doesn't it and the R22 doesn't come close. I don't fly it often as despite it's size.. it's a bit of a frame hog on my rig.

ATB
    DaveB

Jean-Marie Mermaz's model has authentic sound file from the 47 and it works fine in FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Jean-Marie Mermaz's model has authentic sound file from the 47 and it works fine in FSX.
    Cheers Terry.. I'll go and find a copy

EDIT: I found a copy of this released by Danny Garnier and the sounds aren't working for me at all. I can hear the sounds when played back in media player but nothing in FSX. The sound.cfg looks like FS9 format so I guess it's the same one. Any ideas?
    ATB
    DaveB

Cheers Terry.. I'll go and find a copy

EDIT: I found a copy of this released by Danny Garnier and the sounds aren't working for me at all. I can hear the sounds when played back in media player but nothing in FSX. The sound.cfg looks like FS9 format so I guess it's the same one. Any ideas?
    ATB
    DaveB
    Same here. I've tried several other sound files from my other choppers, they all react the same. . .on startup there is a quick sound "chirp" and then it goes dead. . . the R-22 is the only sound file I've tried that works.

Yep, this pilot is ok, this before (from screenies: http://secure.simmarket.com/newslett...are_Bell47.jpg ) scary me to buy this model ; > .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Same here. I've tried several other sound files from my other choppers, they all react the same. . .on startup there is a quick sound "chirp" and then it goes dead. . . the R-22 is the only sound file I've tried that works.
    There's something we're missing Ed and I can't put my finger on it. I hear exactly that.. a brief chirp then silence
    ATB
    DaveB

Here is the header inside my sound.cfg, see if they match. Mine works just fine having simply copied it over from my FS9 program.

// This Sound.cfg file created by FS Sound Studio - http://www.fssoundstudio.com
    // Built Friday, October 31, 2003 at 12:51 FS Sound Studio Build:5047

[FLTSIM]
    product_code=FSIM

// Engine Sounds __________________________________________________ ______________

One other thing, I have my 47 in the aircraft folder, not the rotorcraft folder. That might make a difference.

Mine didn't have that header Terry but having looked at other FSX soundfiles.. I added those lines and still nada. Guess I could try it in the Airplanes folder to see if that makes any difference.

ATB
    DaveB

Here is the sound folder, it works perfectly for me as noted above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is odd. That soundfile is completely different to the one I have yet all I get is a quick 'chirp' then silence. Just to make sure.. you are using it with the Flysimware model?

ATB
    DaveB

This is odd. That soundfile is completely different to the one I have yet all I get is a quick 'chirp' then silence. Just to make sure.. you are using it with the Flysimware model?

ATB
    DaveB
    Once again, same here. I loaded the four other choppers I have. . .all sound files work fine. Load the Bell 47 and nothing works except the R-22. I may shoot a question to the folks at FlySimware and see if they know what's going on.

It's a funny one to paint..
    Very OT but did you do a "Scottish Ambulance Service" paint for the FSX ND\EC135? If so, where might it be found?..

My Dad flew these before getting sent off to Formosa (Taiwan) in 1954.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan37.jpg  

I sent a request for assistance from FlySimware, explaining the odd behavior of the soundfiles. They are usually pretty quick to respond so hopefully they'll have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Very OT but did you do a "Scottish Ambulance Service" paint for the FSX ND\EC135? If so, where might it be found?..
    Hello Mate
    Yes.. you can find it here.. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/view...hp?f=9&t=17009

I've just checked the download link and it still works
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    My Dad flew these before getting sent off to Formosa (Taiwan) in 1954.

Do You have more pictures of this? In dev. set no any skin of US Army from this period of clean H-13 Sioux (MASH only).
    I can do a skin.

Jeansy did quite a few paints for this model but a quick check shows his website either down or under reconstruction.. much as OzX is at the moment (where he also posts). YoYo.. if you have a go at it.. the rear stabilizer plate (where the registration goes) is on the Black_pipes map. I didn't expect it to be on there so didn't look for ages!!

ATB
    DaveB

ATB
    DaveB

I have the Jean-Marie Mermaz model with the sound folder above in the aircraft folder. Here is the aircraft.cfg file so you can see if there is any difference. If this don't work someone give me an address and I'll send the whole chopper.

Attached Files Attached Files

Well.. that shouldn't really have been useful but it was. I note that your version is engine_type=3 (helicopter turbine) and the Flysimware Bell is engine_type=0 (piston). I changed the engine type in the FWS model to type=3 and got sounds but it obviously wasn't happy as the model is setup as a jet not a helicopter turbine. Had a look through my Rotorcraft and found the old Alpha S51 is also setup as a piston so I dragged that soundset over to the Bell and it worked.

There's an old adage isn't there that you can't use a jet soundset in a piston and vice-versa and I guess this is why the model is aliased to the R22 which is also setup as engine_type=0.. piston!! With a bit more investigation, there's no reason why a better alternative can't be found for the 47 but I don't know enough about sounds to delve too much further.

EDIT: Jet ref changed to Piston which is why the S51 works

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0