AlphaSims FS9 P-47D Question

Thread: AlphaSims FS9 P-47D Question

Icon5 AlphaSims FS9 P-47D Question

In an attempt to get motivated to start my winter project of recreating my post-WW2 sim, "FS 1954: A Half-Century of Flight," I've been painting some Air Guard F-47 Thunderbolts using the Alpha Simulations P-47D. (Yes, I'll share them when they're finished.) While checking them out in the sim I found that I can't close the cowl flaps. The standard FS9 key combination doesn't work (it works for other planes) and the cowl flaps don't seem to be linked to any of the other standard animation key commands that I could think of.

Can anyone tell me how to close the cowl flaps on the Alpha P-47D?

That aircraft is strange, the cowl flaps work on mine but if I press the (/) key the program crashes.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No joy with mine, Mick.

Love to see your textures when you're finished.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thumbs up

Mick,
    Unfortunately they don't work. If you look closely you'll see that the black interior/shadow inside is solid and comes to the edge of the cowl. Strange, as although it would have been a bit of extra work, considering the very nice 2d and VC cockpits, very little in comparison.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    In an attempt to get motivated to start my winter project of recreating my post-WW2 sim, "FS 1954: A Half-Century of Flight," I've been painting some Air Guard F-47 Thunderbolts using the Alpha Simulations P-47D. (Yes, I'll share them when they're finished.) While checking them out in the sim I found that I can't close the cowl flaps. The standard FS9 key combination doesn't work (it works for other planes) and the cowl flaps don't seem to be linked to any of the other standard animation key commands that I could think of.

Can anyone tell me how to close the cowl flaps on the Alpha P-47D?
    Looking forward seeing your work !

Regards

L'iguane

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just have to live without working cowl flaps.

Hmmm... Maybe I should start over and paint Gnoopy's P-47M instead. We'll see about that...

I'm no expert on this, but from the way light reflects on the dynamic shine, I'm guessing the main cowl and its flaps are one piece with no moving parts. Combine that with the shadow model with windows that shine through the bottom of the plane and the stores activated by the light switch, and I'd say you're better off with Tom's (Gnoopy's) model.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0