London-Melbourne 2014: P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: London-Melbourne 2014: P3D

Ed,

Thanks for that, it's always nice to see you haven't programmed something that only works on your own machine!

I'll carry on with my current plan in case we need it as a cross check.

Skippy

I went ahead and updated my P3D with REX Essential+OD tonight, and took a test flight in the Panther to see if this would affect the realism settings. It didn't. It ran and loaded up as it did last night without REX -realism red, and wx yellow- then it goes all green upon takeoff. Upon landing at the destination (which should be a green landing), the Duenna reverts back to the red-yellow wx-realism colors again.

At this time I'm really not sure if the REX is injecting the weather though, I need to do a lot more homework on setting it up properly. The textures do look better though. I will say that the winds seemed a bit more unpredictable, but that's not really a good gauge to go by now.
    At least by from what REX showed me in the weather startup screen, they are showing accurate conditions for the areas I looked at, so that's at least a good start there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post

This is weird - "FLyon's flight here (.txt) triggered the realism right away. Checked the offsets between FSUIPC V3.99 & V4.xxx and they are all the same (030C, 02C8 & 0366) dealing with on ground etc..

If possible could one attach their prepare3d.cfg, a screenshot of the folder where it resides and a copy of a saved flight? (rename the .cfg and .flt to .txt) So close... and this may help.
    Pics from the flight tonight. As I go along in practice, I will post the links as I go, so that you guys can take my txt files and compare notes as Spokes did here earlier today.
    That's a good idea, maybe you guys will stumble onto something and get a fix by doing so. Or maybe not. Can't hurt to try though.

I also linked the system txt file, maybe that will help out too, idk.

Also pic'ed here are Ed's and my realism settings, if Ed's are still the same after tonight. There are a few differences.
    Maybe try to duplicate my settings and see what happens, it can't hurt at this point, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realism settings.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	13387

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...6TUUQ4kZB3sUhk

Name:	ymay ynrm.jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	13382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ymay ynrm1.jpg 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	13383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ymay ynrm2.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	13384

SystemLog.TXT

FlightLog_22-48-34.TXT

Use the Duenna "Settings" page and use the "FS9.cfg (when non-std)" field to enter in the whole path to "prepare3d.cfg".

Name:	Duenna EX.jpg 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13399

Locations -
    Prepar3D v1: %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\prepare3d.cfg
    Prepar3D v2: %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepare3d.cfg
    %APPDATA% is usually something similar to - C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming
    Save settings then restart Duenna.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

By using the above you will get a green realism (Forget the WX yellow/red, will never work at this time) at baton / start up. During the Duenna run the text file will throw an error but also at the same time show it as being ok. On baton release Duenna will still throw an invalid flight.

1st example, P3D without the path entered. Notice it is looking for FS2002.cfg and thinks it is running FS2002.

Errors:
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z ERROR: FS9.CFG is not readable: Can't open 'H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v2\FS2002.CFG' for reading: 53 - File not found
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z AT S 36* 03.9' / E 146* 58.0' at 543ft (YMAY/0.8nm) GS:65kts, IAS:73kts, VS:1ft/min
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z STATE
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z AIRCRAFT Navajo Black Gold Panther (Colemill) / Counter 2
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z ERROR: Realism-Settings are not valid!
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z AT S 36* 03.9' / E 146* 58.0' at 543ft (YMAY/0.8nm) GS:65kts, IAS:73kts, VS:1ft/min
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z STATE
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z AIRCRAFT Navajo Black Gold Panther (Colemill) / Counter 2
    16.10.2014 01:35:43z

Info: Looks like FS2002
    Info: Configuration-File: H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar 3D v2\FS2002.CFG
    Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: '0' (NOT GOOD)
    Info: REALISM/StressDamage: '' (NOT GOOD)
    Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: '' (NOT GOOD)
    Info: Weather/LoadWeather: '0' (NOT GOOD)
    <---- DISREGARD BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER WORK UNLESS DUENNA IS MODDED.
    Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '0'

Example 2, P3D with the path entered. Notice it is a whole bunch better.

Errors:
    15.10.2014 17:26:19z ERROR: Realism-Settings are not valid!
    15.10.2014 17:26:19z AT N 33* 42.8' / W 96* 40.0' at 759ft GS:2kts, IAS:1kts, VS:165ft/min
    15.10.2014 17:26:19z STATE
    15.10.2014 17:26:19z AIRCRAFT Bell47G FSX NO DOORS / Counter 1
    15.10.2014 17:26:19z

Info: Specified Configuration-File: C:\Users\falcon409\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepar3D.cfg
    Info: REALISM/CrashDetection: 'True' (NOT GOOD)
    Info: REALISM/StressDamage: 'True' (OK)
    Info: REALISM/UnlimitedFuel: 'False' (OK)
    Info: Weather/LoadWeather: '0' (NOT GOOD) <---- DISREGARD BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER WORK UNLESS DUENNA IS MODDED.
    Info: REALISM/CrashTolerance: '1.000000'

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

On a programming note I believe Duenna is using an internal hook to get a "running account" of crash detection. I monitored all FSUIPC reads and writes from Duenna (during a full flight) and in no case (FS9 or FSX) did it use offsets 0830, 0832, & 0833. It does not access SimConnect. This hook it seems is reading the wrong data as Duenna reads the value as if being on/off ground. It triggers - ERROR: Realism-Settings are not valid & (NOT GOOD) on takeoff, while when the baton is first picked up it reads the .cfg file and gives REALISM/CrashDetection: 'True'. For an easy "Marshaller" all one needs to do is monitor FSUIPC offset 0832 (1 byte Crash detection: 1=Crash detection is on, 0 = off ) if it changes from 1 to zero, timestamp it and report it as invalid. 0832 was tested in FS9 & FSX. According to the FSUIPC4 offsets status document it is mapped but needs confirmation for P3D.

Could someone do another test please? Use the configuration path trick (above) and then turn all the realism settings to the opposite of what's needed?

Crash Detection = OFF
    Stress Causes Crash = OFF
    Crash Tolerance Slider = Full Left
    General Flight Model = Full Left
    Unlimited Fuel = ON

Restart P3D then do a complete, short Duenna flight. Of course it will be invalid LOL! And post the text file. The reason for this is that it is known that with the path trick it is picking things up IF they are correct. Next is to find out if it picks up all requirements if they are incorrect. Just in case Duenna is looking at something other than what it should. Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by spokes2112; October 16th, 2014 at 03:57.
    Roman

Something to ponder while testing. Duenna can throw a fit with helicopters when using the auto-arm function depending on a set of conditions - Auto-arm threshold is (I think) 45/50kts and "airborne" is > +5 ft so if one lifts off before 50kts airspeed is reached, it senses that you somehow started while airborne and throws an error (Team SOH had a problem with a leg this way in FS9 a few years ago). Very slow aircraft like the Cub can have the same issue. Better to use something a bit more 'traditional' like a C182.
    Some users have reported getting away with it in helicopters while others get the error (wind? rate of climb?).

Of course if you manually start Duenna before moving in a heli. there are no errors (or should not be)

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Something to ponder while testing. Duenna can throw a fit with helicopters when using the auto-arm function depending on a set of conditions - Auto-arm threshold is (I think) 45/50kts and "airborne" is > +5 ft so if one lifts off before 50kts airspeed is reached, it senses that you somehow started while airborne and throws an error (Team SOH had a problem with a leg this way in FS9 a few years ago)...
    Better to use something a bit more 'traditional' like a C182.
    Some users have reported getting away with it in helicopters while others get the error (wind? rate of climb?).
    10-4 on the helos...and why I tried to use a default P3D plane this time around (see next post).
    The same 'no helis' theory also applies to the previously mentioned FSFS.
    Like any military planes, helis won't work in FS Flying School either. The program will run, but it functions poorly overall when using them -but that's another topic...

When I was on a heli kick a while back, I used the ND EC 135 and the FSX default Agusta Westland EH 101 with Duenna before. It worked OK.
    No hiccups whatsoever. A slight exception to the rule.
    (Or, better yet, maybe I just got lucky -guess I should have played either the Powerball or MegaMillions lotteries that day...lol)
    Or perhaps myself and my pc falls into the users "getting away with it in helicopters" category? Don't know this lately, as I'm off the helos nowadays.

1st example, P3D without the path entered. Notice it is looking for FS2002.cfg and thinks it is running FS2002.

Could someone do another test please? Use the configuration path trick (above) and then turn all the realism settings to the opposite of what's needed?

Crash Detection = OFF
    Crash Tolerance Slider = Full Left
    General Flight Model = Full Left
    Unlimited Fuel = ON

Restart P3D then do a complete, short Duenna flight. Of course it will be invalid LOL! And post the text file. The reason for this is that it is known that with the path trick it is picking things up IF they are correct. Next is to find out if it picks up all requirements if they are incorrect. Just in case Duenna is looking at something other than what it should.
    My bad for missing the 2002 thing. Sorry 'bout that.

Got my REX for P3D figured out tonight, so I went ahead and ran the test you requested with a short flight in the P3D default Carenado A36 Bonanza, from KPIT Pittsburgh Intl., to KAGC Allegheny County Airport.
    Went through all of that -then found out I didn't have the "FS9.cfg (when non-std)" set correct AFTER I did that flight. Smooth move of the day candidate I was there...
    Reset, with the same plane (different paint...lol), but at CYTZ to CYYZ. Now with the correct FS9.cfg (when non-std) path:

Name:	duenna test 1.jpg 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	13421

Everything went as expected, and I believe the Duenna has run on previous P3D flights recently the same exact way.

Pics of what I seen, my adjusted realism settings pic, and the validation flt, system txt files of this last CYTZ to CYYZ flight tonight:

Name:	duenna test 2.jpg 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	13422 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duenna test 3.jpg 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	13423 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duenna test 4.jpg 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	13424

For now, I'll go and reset my settings back to crash detect, etc., unless you want me to try out some other settings.
    I get it that it probably won't change things, nonetheless I'll keep plugging away at it. Might, or might not luck into something doing so -never know until you try.

FlightLog_20-16-17.TXT

SystemLog.TXT

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...9r66OWN2uVWkNM

Roman,

Here's the text file for the test you requested. All realism sliders were to the left...all settings for crash detection, unlimited fuel, etc. were opposite of where they should have been.

Great! Thanks everyone!

1st. I am sorry for not calling y'all by name. It's been a while since the last voice/RTWR committee discussion. So forgive me by using your "callsign".

2nd. When testing please use an aeroplane. SRGALAHAD's post here describes exactly why using a different type of "air" vehicle may throw off testing.

FLYON - Thanks for the test, unfortunately you did not provide the correct path to "prepar3D.cfg" ( A PM has been sent by "MM" ) so the test is void. One thing to consider as you have mentioned & I have noticed too. Even when you start duenna with some red/yellow boxes they will show all green once you take-off. The reason is on purpose.

Just to reiterate the paths are: Simpler, a Win7 OS example, use Windows Explorer if different OS. Use Windows Explorer regardless, to confirm the path to "prepare3d.cfg"

Code:
    Prepar3D v1 = C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\prepare3d.cfg
    Prepar3D v2 = C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepare3d.cfg
    ED (falcon409) - Again, Thanks for the test! If you're up to it would one more test be too much?
    Get everything up to Duenna standards EXCEPT for "Stress causes damage" (Unchecked) . Use a nice little aeroplane like the Christen Eagle again and do a quick flight from T/O to landing (not crashed). Remember to restart P3D after making the changes. Everything turned out as expected from your previous test except for "Stress causes damage". So this should be the last test by isolating only that setting. The following are the settings required.

Crash Detection = ON
    Crash Tolerance Slider = Full Right
    General Flight Model = Full Right
    Unlimited Fuel = Off

Just a little inside. I hope you all do not mind me hijacking this topic. I am a fixing, finding out how things work type of person. One of my hobbies is FS as there is a whole bunch that could be done in any aspect. Many others have proved that on their own behalf. I do not have P3D v2 because my little "mouse wheel powered" computer cannot handle it. ( I did have P3D v1 for a 2 month stint ) In any case I try to keep up what's new by looking at the newest SDKs from Lockheed Martin & follow the FSUIPC forum religiously. My hope is, at least for the mean time, keep Duenna as our primary tracking program. And hopefully Johannes, once contacted, may use some of this testing as a reference to update his wonderful program.

Name:	Tight Bolts.jpg 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	13432
    Roman

Here's the latest with the parameters you requested!

Ed,

If you're around and have the time can you hook up on SOH Teamspeak? I'm on now.

Roman

17OCT14 1430 UTC
    Roman

Noticed something when I was looking over the info on the map. The airport designator they show is F39. . .I'd never seen that before so I went checking. Apparently that's the FAA designator. . .ok! The ICAO code is KGYI which is North Texas Regional Airport. There was a name change in 2008 from Grayson County to the current North Texas. I've made that name change for the scenery I'm doing and even added a control tower Freq. as the default AFCAD only has Unicom. Just a HU in the midst of all these numbers flying around, lol.

1st. I am sorry for not calling y'all by name.
    No worries about names or screen names on my end. You can all me anything you want, just dont call me late for dinner...lol

FLYON - Thanks for the test, unfortunately you did not provide the correct path to "prepar3D.cfg" ( A PM has been sent by "MM" ) so the test is void. One thing to consider as you have mentioned & I have noticed too. Even when you start duenna with some red/yellow boxes they will show all green once you take-off. The reason is on purpose.

Prepar3D v2 = C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\prepare3d.cfg
    Yet another clerical error on my part. Sorry, I'll get it right next time around. Probably later tonight.

Ed,

Noticed that too when tracking you on google earth. Duenna's built in airport database is old (FS9) - No worries, we know where you are! LOL - THanks a bunch for the testing today.

Mike, if you are online I am up on the SOH TS & Avsims TS which ever you prefer. Will be up until about 10:30 central / 11:30 your time. Geepers ! just missed you again.
    Roman

Not sure if it's still needed but I've made some modifications to my program.
    It now dumps the P3D settings to a txt file on completion of the flight, along with any instances when the crash detections was turned off, the fuel was set to unlimited, or you crashed. Additionally it logs the flight, every second below 2000' AGL and every 10 minutes above, and checks the nearest weather report every 30 minutes which should indicate if the weather is dynamic although you can't guarantee the source.
    It needs to be started after you start P3D, but before you enter the flight itself. If you forget reloading the aircraft should start it logging, text will appear in the DOS window. It will create the final text file once you exit P3D, in the same place you have the program itself, so possibly easiest to extract it to the desktop.
    If someone could test and upload the flight log that'd be useful to see if it actually works for anyone else. Try changing the realism settings etc. as well.
    The one problem so far is it tends to hand when it's finished rather than exiting cleanly, but that doesn't seem to affect the actual output.

P3D Marshall.zip
    15-19-46z - Prepar3D Flight Log.txt

SkippyBing,

Absolutely BRILLIANT! One thing that would be nice, especially for upcoming RTW races. Could you include FSX connections (SP2/Accell) & P3Dv1 too? The reason is that who knows if the Jeppesen servers will ever go belly up, many, including myself, feel it's inevitable . The racers would have to revert to an external program for WX and this would validate the WX with better precision than just seeing if the wind has changed via the duenna tracking. One other thing, following a slew toggle might be a good thing to follow as Duenna will invalidate the flight after one. No need to keep logging right?

Sorry, no other input, no P3D.

Roman
    Roman

SkippyBing,

Absolutely BRILLIANT! One thing that would be nice, especially for upcoming RTW races. Could you include FSX connections (SP2/Accell) & P3Dv1 too? The reason is that who knows if the Jeppesen servers will ever go belly up, many, including myself, feel it's inevitable . The racers would have to revert to an external program for WX and this would validate the WX with better precision than just seeing if the wind has changed via the duenna tracking. One other thing, following a slew toggle might be a good thing to follow as Duenna will invalidate the flight after one. No need to keep logging right?

Sorry, no other input, no P3D.

Roman
    Roman,

It shouldn't be too hard to make it work for FSX etc. I don't think I've used any P3D v2 specific calls so it's just a case of recompiling with the older API. I'll add a slew toggle tomorrow, that shouldn't be a problem either.

Skippy

Loaded P3DV2.4 and the loaded the P3D Marshall program and this is what I got immediately after the Dos window appeared:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: P3D Marshall.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 54428490
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_d5d5
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce753
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: d5d5
    Additional Information 2: d5d58bd78768a32b4db9b47fb3bedfba
    Additional Information 3: b5c6
    Additional Information 4: b5c6b9ea2f3cdbf44b6db89f2f2d9a0e

Odd, because the previous version I tested was fine.

Closed P3D and restarted....this time the Marshaller started, showed text in Dos window. Started Duenna (manually) and flew a short flight and landed, reset Duenna and got the text and map images. Closed P3D but no log file for the Marshaller.

Tried another flight. New P3D Startup, started Marshaller and it locked up, closed it and tried again. . .this time it started, got the text. Took off and about 200ft off the rwy the Marshaller locked up again with this message:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: P3D Marshall.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 54428490
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0003332f
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ed,

Thanks for testing it, I'll see if I can figure out what's happening tomorrow.
    Where are you running the programme from?

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Ed,

Thanks for testing it, I'll see if I can figure out what's happening tomorrow.
    Where are you running the programme from?
    No problem, I was surprised when I had problems with it because the earlier one I tested for you worked fine. I run it from the desktop (shortcut).

Ed,

Or indeed anyone else! New version attached, I can't guarantee it'll solve the issues you had but as it actually closes properly on my system I'm hoping that was part of the same problem.
    It should also work in FSX but I haven't tested that yet, it won't read the FSX.cfg file though as that didn't seem important at this stage.

Skippy

P3D Marshall.zip

Ok Skippy,
    A bit of confusion on my part. After the flight is complete, do I allow the marshall program to remain running and close P3D over it. . .or do I close the marshall program, then close P3D? Either way, attached are the (3) "tmp" files that were generated after I closed the Marshall program.

Ok, ran it again. Completed a short circuit around the airport and landed. Allowed the program to continue running and closed P3D. Here is the text file.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Ok Skippy,
    A bit of confusion on my part. After the flight is complete, do I allow the marshall program to remain running and close P3D over it. . .or do I close the marshall program, then close P3D? Either way, attached are the (3) "tmp" files that were generated after I closed the Marshall program.
    Sorry, probably my poor explanation! You need to close P3D first, which should then trigger the marshal program to combine the three 'tmp' files into a txt file. Oddly your position and weather 'tmp' files don't have any info in them, just the stuff that's put in there when they're created.

Just seen your reply, the txt file doesn't have any data in either, I'll have to think about what might be causing that. When it's running is there a load of info being displayed in the DOS window?

Members who have read this thread: 1