Freeware Zlin Z-142! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freeware Zlin Z-142!

Very nice work and thank you goes out to Zlin and the entire PWDT team!
    Excellent freeware offering!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Put simply.... STUNNING!!!!

Thanks to ALL involved in bringing this to the FS community

If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I must ask WTF were they thinking when they decided to make brown the sky and blue the ground????
    Based on the operation of this instrument, the sky is indeed blue and ground is brown on this gauge...not sure what you're on about.

Anyway....

Sounds like a layered paint kit may be in the works. If so, I'm looking forward to it.

Also, just an advisory for the crowd which doesn't browse through files they installed, there is a flight manual located in the aircraft's folder, within your simobjects/airplanes folder.
    It's brief but useful, and contains a history of the real thing, a cockpit guide, and a checklist.

A few features to check out include the wheel "spats" or covers that can be applied/removed at will using a clickspot in the cockpit. Also, working sunshades on the canopy roof. Additionally, check out the automatic/built-in gauge back-lighting at night. Looks nice!

yes the lighting, the sound, the textures and on and on - incredible freeware
    Huge Thank You to the developer/modeler of this excellent plane.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Maybe I remember wrong, but when I started gliding in early eighties our club had a Blanik. It was equipped with a artificial horizont that looked like the one in this Zlin. It was brown up and blue down to indicate that it is not switched on. When you engaged it and gyros started to run, it flipped itself into more logical position, blue up and brown down?

Re the 'wrong' artificial horizon which is the famous russian style AH which seems counter intuitive for us westerns. See some background info here:
    http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/le...or_eastern_an/
    Anneke

Dear PWDT-Team, thank you very much for this excellent plane

Kindest regards

Dirk

z-142 artificial horizon

Hello,

I have made a comparaison between the AH of the new model and the AH of the FS2004 model.

In the case of the new model, what one can see is that the AH behave as the brown collor is aassociated with sky and the blue color is associated with ground

In the case of the fs2004 model the blue was associated to sky and the brown associated to ground. But the color are upside down. Which one is correct?

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

My attitude indicator just keeps flipping around and around... inverter on and uncaged...

That's why I'm confused... shouldn't the brown be on the bottom and blue at the top?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The flight instruments switch also needs to be on. As for brown/blue, there have been many posts above explaining that Russian ADIs are indeed that way. The way they work is also different, with the horizon bar fixed to the aircraft, although I need to recheck if this is how the one in this Zlin works.

I had no idea about all this and I'm amazed to now find out.

Many thanks to the developers!
    Definitely one of the best freeware planes I've flown in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Many thanks Dino, your kindly words means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    100% agree
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

...problem is I spent the whole night yesterday flying the Zlin, rather than completing the systems of the MB.326 :-) !!!

Not only is the Zlin top-notch, but those freeware LHSimulations airports are right up there with ORBX in terms of quality and ambiance. Well done to all involved!

I'd love to see more Eastern-bloc light aircraft like this. They're about as rare as hen's teeth here in the States, and definitely a nice departure from the usual Cessna/Piper/Beech trilogy.
    -Mark

Eastern aircraft

[Quote = mgchrist5; 911256] Nielen Zlín top-notch, ale tie freeware LHSimulations letisko sú až tam sa ORBX, pokiaľ ide o kvalitu a atmosféru. Výborne pre všetky zúčastnené! by som rád videl viac Východný bloc ľahké lietadlá, ako je tento. Sú asi tak vzácne, ako sliepky zuby tu v Štátoch, a určite pekný odklon od obvyklého Cessna / Piper / Beech trilógie. [/ Quote]

Some eastern aircraft are here: http://www.pavelkara.wz.cz/index_soubory/Page362.htm http://medlanky.bumper.cz/fs.html

Thanks Jozef! I'm familiar with Pavel Kara's site, but the second link I've never seen before. I'm definitely bookmarking that now! Good stuff...
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Thanks Jozef! I'm familiar with Pavel Kara's site, but the second link I've never seen before. I'm definitely bookmarking that now! Good stuff...
    Wow, thanks Jozef...good links indeed!

Blog Entries
    Great LINKS!!! Many thanks sir!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

this is a very well made model. excellent.

wish there was a panel option for placing the rxp gns430 or 530 in the vc, simply an open area on the panel so it can show the gauge (3d knobs not necessary).

if anyone is interested in adding shockwave lights and adjusting vc view point:

[Views]
    //eyepoint= -10.91, -1, 1.39 // előre-hátra,balra-jobbra,fel-le
    eyepoint= -11.41, -1, 1.46

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.1 = 3, -9.4, -15.0, -0.24, RASDukeT_strobe //fx_shockwave_strobe_sm_nl
    light.2 = 3, -9.4, 15.0 , -0.25, RASDukeT_strobe //fx_shockwave_strobe_sm_2_nl
    //light.3 = 4, -9.80, -0.00, 1.50, fx_s3B_vclight_dino
    light.6 = 4, -9.80, 0.00, 1.50, fx_t45_vclight
    light.4 = 5, -7.8, -12.896, -0.5, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow // Shockwave light
    light.5 = 6, -7.8, -13.1, -0.4, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down

I was looking for some AI traffic to go with this and installed the LHSim freeware Hungary traffic. I was very to surprised to see some excellent single texture sheets for the models, most of which are new to me. Don't know about poly count or LODs, but they look great.

http://lhsimulations.com/freeware-zone/

has anyone noticed this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	13518

only in the model with gps, opening the canopy in glass texture of the mirror does not follow the animation

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I was looking for some AI traffic to go with this and installed the LHSim freeware Hungary traffic. I was very to surprised to see some excellent single texture sheets for the models, most of which are new to me. Don't know about poly count or LODs, but they look great.

http://lhsimulations.com/freeware-zone/

All of these AI models created by me. Because of his limited places (airports) where they fly, I not added any LOD models, but I tried to keep the polygon count as low as possible.
    Btw thank you so much for your kindly words about my another project...

Members who have read this thread: 5