Virtavia?

Thread: Virtavia?

Virtavia?

Just wondering if Virtavia (formerly Alphasim) is still around. Their website hasn't been updated since May, and it's now October. Any news from their company?

You might send Frank Safranek a PM, he may have some insight into what's what.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thank you for asking. Virtavia is alive and well! Things are progressing nicely as work continues on the Avro Lincoln. Right now, we are busy testing the flight model and detailing the VC.

mal
    Virtavia Flight Modeler

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Thank you for asking. Virtavia is alive and well!.......

I was just wondering the same thing this morning, so it nice to hear that things are still moving along.....

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Thank you for asking. Virtavia is alive and well! Things are progressing nicely as work continues on the Avro Lincoln. Right now, we are busy testing the flight model and detailing the VC.

mal
    Virtavia Flight Modeler
    What he said.

Sorry to bring up an older thread that's been answered, but I have a quick question. I bought the C-17 from Flight1 in June 2011. Flight1 no longer has it on their store and I no longer have the download anymore. Aside from having to purchase that great aircraft again, was there anyway my license will work with another download from another flight sim shop that now supports Virtavia?

Thanks

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Sorry to bring up an older thread that's been answered, but I have a quick question. I bought the C-17 from Flight1 in June 2011. Flight1 no longer has it on their store and I no longer have the download anymore. Aside from having to purchase that great aircraft again, was there anyway my license will work with another download from another flight sim shop that now supports Virtavia?

Thanks

Matt
    I don't think the various venders have any sort of arrangement between each other. If anything they are in competition.

I would suggest emailing Virtavia support at "tech.support (at) virtavia.com". Be sure to provide all of your original purchase information from the Flight1 receipt. You never know.

That's sound advice Matt and I'm sure it'll work. If on the off chance it doesn't, note that pcaviator.com.au have been selling the Virtavia portfolio at 50% off for a good while now so don't spend more than you need to

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I don't think the various venders have any sort of arrangement between each other. If anything they are in competition.

I would suggest emailing Virtavia support at "tech.support (at) virtavia.com". Be sure to provide all of your original purchase information from the Flight1 receipt. You never know.
    Thanks for the link. I swear I didn't see one on their site, so noted and email on it's way. I'll hope they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's sound advice Matt and I'm sure it'll work. If on the off chance it doesn't, note that pcaviator.com.au have been selling the Virtavia portfolio at 50% off for a good while now so don't spend more than you need to

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks, I'll look there next for their A-4 and some other newer releases, especially if I have to re-purchase my fantastic C-17 again.

Cheers,
    Matt

Matt

No prob Matt. I picked the A-4 up a few days ago in the light of all these repaints!

ATB
    DaveB

Great support from Phil and team. They helped me secure the file again. Now, off to PC Aviator to check out that Skyhawk. Thanks team!

Matt

ATB
    DaveB

Bummer! Not on sale anymore.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Bummer! Not on sale anymore.
    Matt..

Make sure you're going to the right site.. http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/ho...ction=0&page=2

It's still at 50% discount

ATB
    DaveB

Yep, sale seems to still be on and glad to hear it worked out on the C-17 for you.

Yay! Scored the Skyhawk and a trainer. Good day to fly. Now, just have to find the PC12 at a great price and I'll leave well enough alone till Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Matt

While this thread is still alive.. does anyone know if the original Alpha F104G was ever updated for SP2/ACC? When I bought it (from Alpha) it came as both FS9 and FSX and the one being sold under the Virtavia banner is likewise being advertised for both sims. I can't remember how it flew in FSX back then.. my pc wasn't capable of running FSX at anything more than a slideshow but I tried the FSX version recently on my current rig and it was less than satisfactory. Throttle response was neither here nor there.. it 'flew on' on closed throttle and generally handled rubbish compared to how I remember it in FS9.
    Having already bought it.. I don't really want to buy it again.. especially if the current Virtavia offering is the same as the one as I already have if that makes sense.

I appreciate it's considered 'old hat' now and that the SSW model is flavour of the month but having registered with SSW with a view to buying their model.. I never received an account activation. In fact, since I registered with them.. my Hotmail account has started getting hit with junk mail.. not exactly what I was expecting!!!

ATB
    DaveB

While this thread is still alive.. does anyone know if the original Alpha F104G was ever updated for SP2/ACC? When I bought it (from Alpha) it came as both FS9 and FSX and the one being sold under the Virtavia banner is likewise being advertised for both sims. I can't remember how it flew in FSX back then.. my pc wasn't capable of running FSX at anything more than a slideshow but I tried the FSX version recently on my current rig and it was less than satisfactory. Throttle response was neither here nor there.. it 'flew on' on closed throttle and generally handled rubbish compared to how I remember it in FS9.
    Having already bought it.. I don't really want to buy it again.. especially if the current Virtavia offering is the same as the one as I already have if that makes sense.

I appreciate it's considered 'old hat' now and that the SSW model is flavour of the month but having registered with SSW with a view to buying their model.. I never received an account activation. In fact, since I registered with them.. my Hotmail account has started getting hit with junk mail.. not exactly what I was expecting!!!

ATB
    DaveB
    Hi Dave.

Anything sold under the Virtavia label that was originally sold under the Alphasim label was remade to be FSX compatible. Not simply ported over but recompiled for FSX per the SDK instructions. I'm not certain to what extent flight models were addressed in the process since I've always typically only been involved with new projects. I do recall there was an issue with going into AB on the F-104 and not being able to get back out but that was a simple edit to the aircraft.cfg file using notepad.

Code:
    [TurbineEngineDate]
    afterburner_throttle_threshold= 0.00  <-- add this line
    Perhaps other folks who have more time with the Alphasim/Virtavia F-104 came chime in?

Cheers Frank.. the AB is certainly an issue so I'll give that a whirl

EDIT: Just tried that and it didn't help much.. the engine won't even start. Ah well.

ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; October 25th, 2014 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Hi Dave.

Anything sold under the Virtavia label that was originally sold under the Alphasim label was remade to be FSX compatible. Not simply ported over but recompiled for FSX per the SDK instructions.....
    Can you confirm if this is true for all of the prop planes too, in regards to the clouds in front of the prop regen issue (I run FSX Acceleraton)? I wouldn't mind updating some of my old AlphaSim planes like the Handley Page Hampden.

Regards,

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Tommy..

Looking at the currently available Hampden, it doesn't look like much work was done on it. The VC is listed as being 'non-clickable' which smacks of portover (though the prop textures look better). I don't remember the Hampden being particularly detailed in FS9 mind you.

EDIT: No.. thinking about it, the non-clickable vc doesn't smack of portover.. more an FS9 model recompiled to FSX SDK. It would get rid of any prop and glass issues but would leave the vc non-clickable.

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 3