Request
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request

48.800 N, 118.612 W. North Central Washington State, USA

Request

Can someone direct me to a CFS2 La-11 aircraft? I am assisting a local writer in some backstory research for a suspense novel. The backstory involves intercepts and shootdowns of US/UK/NATO recon aircraft in the 1945-1955 period. I have found all the other aircraft necessesary to reproduce/recreate the incidents except for the Lavochkin La-11 Fang. There's a very aged La-11 for CFS1, and a lovely FS9-FSX one from AFScrub. I was actually suprised that there wasn't a CFS2 version available. I've googled, and checked all the major flightsim site, but no luck, other rhan the unsupported payware Bear Studios version. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Steve

There is one in the Fox Four Korean war set. also Aeroplane Heaven had a LA-9.

here is Morton's

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7F260...274%211052&v=3

Remember to remove the ".jpg" extention from LA-9_Korea.zip.jpg
    after you download it.

I have a modified CFG and DP that works with it.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

actually Rami might have to help you with the correct way to download from Morton's files. I forget how to do it right now.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

Thank you!

This is great! Danielle thanks you too. I'll get right on this, and see if I can get everything put together to run the intercepts properly. I think the Fox Four bird is an AI, but I will take another look. I have the AH La-9 which the Chinese PLAAF used extensively. One of the scenarios that Dani put together was for PLAAF La-9s intercepting a PB4Y-2 near Hainan. Maybe someday someone will convert AFScrub's La-11, CFS2 still needs a good one.

Steve (and Dani)

yes the FF is an AI. I would use it for that. If you need a quick repaint just yell. The AH version will be frame rate heavy as an AI.

Morton's version is here as well...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=51&id=6762

my air and cfg is slightly different then Thicko's version. You may find its a bit heavy to handle. I can't remember if I've flown Morton's version. Either way they are both great conversions/

I was working on a modified air and cfg version for use as the LA-11. I never finished it. I still have it I believe. If your interested I can dig it up again.

La-11

MUCH appreciation BH! I am pretty much clueless when it comes to mods and tweaks, so any tinkering would be welcome. I could run the scenarios for the La-11 with La-9s but suspense authors really are sticklers for accuracy. The major differences between the -9 and -11 were the oil cooler moved to the lower cowl lip, larger fuel tanks for extended range, provision for tip tanks and the loss of one cannon to compensate for higher fuel weight. I understand that the Lavochkins were the preferred interceptor due to their multiple cannon armament, as opposed to the Yak-9 single cannon and 1-2 mgs. If I were intercepting a nuclear capable, possibly nuclear armed bomber, I would want a battery of 155mm howitzers!

Steve

do you have a link to AF Scrub's LA-11? I think if we ask Misson and get perms it could be done. Unless Morton or Thicko have it tucked away somewhere.

La-11

Sure do! Here it is: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=19874

It's listed as FX9/FSX, I couldn't tell you if it's FSX native but I doubt it, it was posted back in 2008.

I really appreciate the help youve provided, Hopefully one day I can reciprocate.

Steve

Kool thank you guys.

Lets see if we can get one of the conversion experts on it. I don't have alot of luck with conversions.

La-11

That would be really great if we could. If nothing else, it's a historically significant aircraft, the last of the production Soviet piston-powered fighters. That's why I was suprised to find that it hadn't been done for CFS2 already. What would work best, pleading or bribery?

La-11

I've been mining the internet for data pertaining to the La-11 today. Some interesting stuff out there, but I don't know how helpful it would be to a developer/converter. It's available if someone wants to take a swing at it. Just let me know and I'll send it. Thanks in advance.

Sorry Wayland, I have one more night of work then I can look for what I had started. I was hoping one of the others would chime in. I'll be able to do more Sunday night.

La-11

Oh, that's OK BH, This isn't a critical project thing, more like a "Wouldn't it be nice..." thing. I don't want anyone to use up time on this when they have other irons in the fire. I just wish I had the knowledge/skills to actually do some of it. I have GIMP and Gmax now, so someday... after a lot of study and practice, I'll be able to do something besides stand in the crowd and cheer. Take your time and look at it when you can.

BH23/Wayland,

I spent a few hours on this today, & this is as far as I got:

Converts OK using MDLC117beta, won't convert with MDLC190.
    To avoid gauge issues I put the default F4U-1A Corsair panel.cfg to get her into the sim.
    Animations are OK, but the cockpit canopy appears opaque brown.

The pilot1.bmp is the culprit, but I couldn't find any alpha format that would make it transparent. In the end I eliminated the pilot1.bmp from the texture folder, to leave an untextured pilot. I then used MDLmat to make the pilot material disappear (made the material fully transparent), but in doing so also lost the front windshield frame & gunsight from the cockpit.

I think a more elegant solution would be to eliminate the AF Scrub pilot model altogether, if possible (without losing the windshield frame & gunsight).

BTW I added Wolfis IJN pilot by adding it to the dp file, which is a renamed dp from Morten's/ AH La-9.

Next steps would be new airfile & a better matched dp, then converting the panel.cfg to use cfs2 gauges...

Thoughts?

La-11

Wow! That's really impressive! Like I said, I'm a compleat idiot when it comes to this sort of thing, anything you want to try is fine by me. Like I said there's no rush on this.

Hey UT,

I have a copy of the conversion from Shessi. He managed to get the alpha for the pilot. I can send you a copy if you'd like. He converted both models.

Next will be the cockpit and panel. I'm not a pro at this so if you can do that I'll work on the DP.

We'll need a gauge for the fuel tanks. One that will allow us to use the wing tanks. I believe one model has them. I could make them if needed. I'm not sure how AF Scrubs did the textures for them (I haven't looked). They appear white in the screen shot.

We could do two seperate AC's. Then we could do the DP for the long range version.

I'll let know know how it goes. I'm going to get a model to work with in Gmax so I can make the DP close fitting.

Till Later,
    John

La-11

You all are simply amazing! I think the CFS2 crowd are definitely the most friendly and helpful of all the forums. I think I'm going to start a clean CFS2 install just for Early Cold War, rather than try and shoehorn in another bunch of A/C into an existing one.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wayland View Post
    You all are simply amazing! I think the CFS2 crowd are definitely the most friendly and helpful of all the forums. I think I'm going to start a clean CFS2 install just for Early Cold War, rather than try and shoehorn in another bunch of A/C into an existing one.

Steve
    I think I converted AH plane and I have Soviet gauges, if you wish. I'll see in my files.

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    I think I converted AH plane and I have Soviet gauges, if you wish. I'll see in my files.

Cheers

Pepe
    Hey Pepe,

Anything you have would be great. We definitely need gauges.

Currently I've sent all of the copies to UT. That way the two of us have everything. I'm going to take the DP from the LA-9 and make it fit the LA-11. I'll start going through the Airfile and see about the fuel arrangements.

Wayland,

We have a basic working AC right now if you want to give it a spin. You can at least use it for your missions until we get it all finished. Send me a PM with your Email and I'll get it out to you.

You can do a FF install or start a new one with SW's scenery. Talon has done mission conversions for the FF campaigns. You can ask him for them.

Till Later,
    John

La-11

Thank you! Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Steve

This is one grunty airplane. Saw a "drag race" in New Zealand between a P51D and the La 9 a few years ago - both planes came over the airfield together at around 150 knots then firewalled the throttle. The Mustang didn't see which way the La went! The pilot said it was one of the "friskiest" planes he'd flown.....

Request La-11

SPman, you are so right! I've put a couple of ROC vs CC missions together and the CC La-9s consistently outscored the ROC F-51s.I flew both sides and I guarantee, you DON'T want to tangle with the La-9 in a serious fight.

Steve

PS: The Chinese Civil War is an interesting setup for the assortment of planes in use. A lot of Japanese stuff was pressed into service on both sides. It also fits in my current Early Cold War timeframe.

Steve

La-11 Request

To quote Pooh, "Oh Bother!".

It seems I've managed to bu**er my CFS2 installations somehow. Only one will load, and I cant seem to get the La-11 test birds to show in either FF or QC in it. I will be busy For a bit re-installing a new install just for testing. I will get back to everyone once it's installed.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 1