Just idea for IRIS for next trainer

Thread: Just idea for IRIS for next trainer

Just idea for IRIS for next trainer

Just idea for IRIS for next trainer : ).
    Yesterday was a official presentation in Poland next version of PZL-130 Orlik - named "Orlik MPT" - means "Columbine" MPT (cooperation PZL and Airbus company).
    So maybe next model for Pro Training Series : )?

More in English: http://www.airbusgroup.com/int/en/ne...orlik_mpt.html .

http://technowinki.onet.pl/pzl-130-o...ingowego/khej5
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'd buy one if made by Iris. I would also recommend Brasil's Tucano too.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Thanks Yoyo and CG_1976... We really love hearing ideas and suggestions about what to do next and whilst we normally have a few planes in the pipeline at any one time, we can sometimes fit in something special if the conditions are right.

What we normally look for when researching an aircraft are things like, public resources such as manuals, videos and images. Check Makro Specials and Pick n Pay Specials. In some circumstances we're lucky enough to get subject matter experts such as pilots and engineers on-board as well.

We've certainly considered the Orlik, it's a plane I really like the look of, so who knows what may come next year.

All I can say is we do have another trainer planned and all will be revealed in the next few days if the schedule remains on track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That large display seems to obstruct any visibility from the rear?
    On a slightly different subject is there still any news on the Iris CT 4 trainer?

I fully agree.

I am obsessed with trainer aircraft and Iris is getting better in this area. Although I'm dreaming of a good and fsx native L-29 Delfin eastern bloc trainer, the above idea is also great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    I fully agree.

I am obsessed with trainer aircraft and Iris is getting better in this area. Although I'm dreaming of a good and fsx native L-29 Delfin eastern bloc trainer, the above idea is also great.
    I'm assuming you know about Tim Conrad's FS9 L-29 - it still looks ok in FSX. Agree on that plane being a sweet looking type, and that's why I've kept Tim's around from FS9 to FSX ... Haven't flown it yet in DX10 - don't know how that will work - but in standard FSX+Accell is was fine.

And of course, the Lotus payware L-39 ... some of the best payware out there, even after all these years ...

dl

I like military trainers too.... but I prefer they have spinning things on the front. I have the pc-21 and think it is pretty good especially with the latest version.

I'm sure whatever trainer Iris is cooking will be great, but I'd love to see the Yak/Alenia M-346...

Just saying...

Kent

Btw. IRIS announced the next aircraft:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cat's out of the bag now..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I'm assuming you know about Tim Conrad's FS9 L-29 - it still looks ok in FSX. Agree on that plane being a sweet looking type, and that's why I've kept Tim's around from FS9 to FSX ... Haven't flown it yet in DX10 - don't know how that will work - but in standard FSX+Accell is was fine.

And of course, the Lotus payware L-39 ... some of the best payware out there, even after all these years ...

dl
    Frankly, I had not known before you came up with Conrad's L-39. I am aware of the fs9 version thou have never used it. Will try the fsx portover.

YES. Lotussim's L-39 is great, my first RTW aircraft in fsx.

Did You see this screen? Texan II of Iris.
    TacPack or only weapon models?

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I'm sure whatever trainer Iris is cooking will be great, but I'd love to see the Yak/Alenia M-346...

Just saying...

Kent
    That is coming, slowly but surely.
    Luca

REALLY glad to hear the M-346 is still out there percolating (give us a version with English gauges, and a loadout manager, please!). As for the AT-6 variant, after seeing YoYo's latest post, I went to the Iris Facebook page, and saw all of the shots they had of the armed version. This will be another "no-brainer" purchase for me!

Kent

I'm really hoping the AT-6 is TacPack capable. They've already got the weapons from the A-10.

Looks awesome!

Jeff
    I pass gas!

CK, I think you misunderstood. I don't know the fate of IRIS Yak-130, what I know is that I'm working on a 346. The two birds are deeply different. I myself hope that David and crew will be able to finish the Russian version, it looked promising.
    Luca

The Orlik is an interesting choice and the AT6 Texan is OK, but why not go the full boat and forget the trainer and go w/ the Bad A$$ Super Tucano? It actually beat out the AT6 in the Light Air Support contract to provide Co-In aircraft to the Afghan and potentially other allied airforces. Raytheon (Beech) applied all their political leverage and got the contract nullified. The Super Tucano would have been built in the USA in spite of what Bill Boisture implies.

http://www.builtforthemission.com/ja...f/a-29-vs-at-6
    http://www.aopa.org/AOPA-Live.aspx?watch={D760E815-9220-4BAC-B269-009CB59C4858}
    http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/s...blue-kool-aid/

The Super Tucano could easily take over the ground support role that the old Skyraiders carried albeit with less ordinance but likely more accurate placement of the ordinance it carries.

The T-6 is a concoction specified by the Navy and Air Force. They couldn't just procure an off the shelf PC-9M or PC-21 from Pilatus, they had to reinvent the wheel at our expense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALX_A-29_01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	13140

I've tried to get in touch with David directly, but if Iris would like some feedback, I am a Naval Aviator with ~70 hours in the T-6B. There are some inaccuracies in the old model Id like to help rectify and also the new avionics of the B are quite complex. Just trying to see if we can get a really accurate Texan here, and would like to get in before development gets too far along.

Wingnut, drop me a message to david@irissimulations.com.au and we'll discuss it further there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 2