DirectX10 screwed up FS9 911

Thread: DirectX10 screwed up FS9 911

Exclamation DirectX10 screwed up FS9 911

Hey guys

I downloaded and installed a direct X 10 software for XP I saw posted in here and it has screwed up my sim. FSX is back working but my FS9 will start up but the window flickers rapidly and the aircraft window shows black, no aircraft. I do the ctrl alt delete and the task manager window pops up then goes away and I end up having to do a hard shutdown. I uninstalled everything involved with the directx 10 and still have the same trouble.
    Has anyone else tried this software and had the same problem and know how to correct it or have any sugestions?

Thanks
    Chris

Have you tried a restore point before this experimentation
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Chris, did you just remove the items or run a registry cleaner? if one of those files got linked to FS9 Windows may still be trying to find/use it. Hopefully you had a restore point set, or a restorable back-up.

I'm still setting up my new machine but one of the first things to go in was Acronis True Image. Now nothing major gets installed until I get an image (not just a file backup) of the drive just in case. Nice thing is it can be scheduled and run while I sleep. I know, no help now, but for next time.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

harleyman
    I believe that was a failure to begin with...

You probably need to enter the regestry and remove all traces of it manually..

For XP RegScrub is a good cleaner....But nothing beats a manual cleaning ...

Planes-11
    Hey Chris,

I installed KMDX (DirectX9c changer to DirectX10), about a month ago and have not noticed any problems with FS9. I am not sure if this is the program you used, but it works ok for me.

Mike

Even the developers of that so-called "DX10 for WinXP" finally admitted their complete failure some months ago... :gossip:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit