Vertigo Studios SPAD

Thread: Vertigo Studios SPAD

Blog Entries

Vertigo Studios SPAD

Hey everyone.
    Just to let you all know. The SPAD is finished, and waiting on the Stow Maries scenery i am working on.....
    Sadly, I have run into a major problem converting the 3Ds Max files, and i am doing all i can to convert the buildings files over to work in FSX.......

I am working with a program i know nothing about, and doing all i can on my end.....I have reached out for help with this here at SOH, FEDeveloper and other sites. So once i have everything converted and placed into the scenery, i will get it over to Dean, to add to the SPAD package.....
    I am sorry its taking me so long to get this done.
    Craig.
    SoCal Y22......North Pole, Alaska

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    We can wait, Trucker. Best of luck.

Take your time Trucker...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fingers crossed it all comes out well!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Blog Entries
    Problem is fix.....
    Now on to see if i can do this.....

Hi Craig

not knowing exactly what your problem is I don't know if this will help any, but I will mention it just in case...

Over on this train sim site I found these tutorials which I found quite helpful.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86566

I'd made some racing pylons in 3D Canvas and exported them as an FSX MDL, but I wanted to know how to convert them to a BGL and then position and orient them where I wanted them in FSX. The method suggested worked for me (I've been enjoying using my own private pylon race course ever since).

If the problem is in MAX and getting the items exported in FSX formats cant help with that as I've never actually done it yet, although its on my to do list.

If its getting models into MAX that where created in another program I may be able to offer some advice about what transitional formats work best but be warned I haven't found one yet that doesn't triangulate the model... which means you have to weld all the points together in each object, correct any geometry problems that result and then redo the smoothing.

Anyway hope you win.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Hi Craig

not knowing exactly what your problem is I don't know if this will help any, but I will mention it just in case...

Over on this train sim site I found these tutorials which I found quite helpful.

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=86566

I'd made some racing pylons in 3D Canvas and exported them as an FSX MDL, but I wanted to know how to convert them to a BGL and then position and orient them where I wanted them in FSX. The method suggested worked for me (I've been enjoying using my own private pylon race course ever since).

If the problem is in MAX and getting the items exported in FSX formats cant help with that as I've never actually done it yet, although its on my to do list.

If its getting models into MAX that where created in another program I may be able to offer some advice about what transitional formats work best but be warned I haven't found one yet that doesn't triangulate the model... which means you have to weld all the points together in each object, correct any geometry problems that result and then redo the smoothing.

Anyway hope you win.

Matt
    Thanks Matt.....
    I'll check it out.....
    My kid will have the whole program figured out in a couple of months......
    She has the brains for that kind of thing....
    Craig.

Thanks for the hu Zolt
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Hey Craig,

if you have any specific questions on 3dsmax, shoot!

[Edit: or if you have specific trouble on a model, send it and I'll wash it through my Max installation).

Best,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Nice to see Polish skin!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 2