Hot / Overexposed Textures

Thread: Hot / Overexposed Textures

Blog Entries

Hot / Overexposed Textures

Hello all,

I've been trying to fix something for a few weeks now, and not getting very far.

Certain light coloured textures - light grey cockpit VC panels, my canopy in exterior view, and some of my clouds - all seem very "white", "hot", and overexposed. On Dino's F-14 and the Razbam Harrier, the HUD is also a "hot" bright green, even with the brightness turned down.

I'm running FSX+Accel, and REX Texture Direct (with Essentials installed, but using the profiles off TD). Also have the latest updated payware Steve Scenery Fixer. I've selected the "least bright" sun textures, and darkest sky textures in REX TD, and that helped a bit - but at anytime around noon, if it's white or very light in colour, its very hot overexposed. Tried playing with various weather themes (that have sun in them) and still things are quite hot.

Any ideas as to what "levers" I can play with to tweak down the overall brightness/contrast?

Thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hello all,

Any ideas as to what "levers" I can play with to tweak down the overall brightness/contrast?

dl
    Are you using SweetFx/enbseries? What about your default bloom? It is also possible to adjust your monitor. With my monitor, FS runs extremely bright (nothing else does) and I have a combination of Enbseries and monitor to get it to tolerable colours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Are you using SweetFx/enbseries? What about your default bloom? It is also possible to adjust your monitor. With my monitor, FS runs extremely bright (nothing else does) and I have a combination of Enbseries and monitor to get it to tolerable colours.
    Hi - thanks.

Default bloom is on, but not running Enb or SweetFx. Turning bloom off makes no perceptible difference.

DL

Members who have read this thread: 2