Ice Pilots NWT news

Thread: Ice Pilots NWT news

Thumbs up Ice Pilots NWT news

After the 6 seasons, Ice Pilots NWT is going off the air. The decision not to do another season after the 6th season warps up, was a joint decision by Buffalo Airways and Shaw Media, as well as Omnifilm Entertainment. Here is a link to the Shaw Media press release http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressR...eId=6442459959, and a YouTube video from Mike McBryan about the decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Season 5 & 6 are not being shown in the US which was a huge loss of revenue. Judging from the junk History channel finds time for this makes no sense at all.

TV is just crap lately anyway....even my old standby has gone off a rail...seems all food network shows anymore is reality shows and game shows...

I liked the series that were shown on US tv, but after a few series it becomes more of the same. All the same only stays interesting for so long. Time to move on. Hopefully they find something new and refreshing aviation related to broadcast.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I liked the series that were shown on US tv, but after a few series it becomes more of the same. All the same only stays interesting for so long. Time to move on. Hopefully they find something new and refreshing aviation related to broadcast.
    True. Apparently I have to lengthen the message so I will say True again.
    True.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hopefully all seasons of Ice Pilots NWT will come out in a box set-- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Kent

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... The decision not to do another season ...
    ...from the junk History channel finds time for...
    ...TV is just crap lately anyway...
    Whole heartedly agree with all of these statements. It seems like it ran for about 3 seasons down here in the Heart of Dixie with a season of reruns and then the "crap" started rolling down on top of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Hopefully all seasons of Ice Pilots NWT will come out in a box set-- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Kent
    Wouldn't be a surprise if it would.... in a few years or so.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

No worries! We still got the Kardoucheans and Honey Poo Poo plus a thousand shows about people whining about how cold it is in Alaska and how hard it is to get stuff there" Ya just can't run out to the corner store ya know". I grew up in the golden age of TV and I consider these the dark ages. I honestly don't think I can remember TV ever being as bad as it is now. Just my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    TV is just crap lately anyway....even my old standby has gone off a rail...seems all food network shows anymore is reality shows and game shows...
    This is true. I watched the first three seasons of Ice Pilots NWT, but then it disappeared. Now my channels are filled with crap like "Naked and Afraid" and a whole host of reality shows that I have little or no interest in watching. Much of reality tv is now scripted, so it really is no longer reality tv. "Cops" is unscripted, they even had a cameraman get shot to death as the police were stopping an armed robbery suspect. I'm guessing "Cops" is now in its final season.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    I thought this was about hockey, lol
    I do not have cable tv
    Look What I Have Become!

Members who have read this thread: 0