CTD MAW Malta Italian

Thread: CTD MAW Malta Italian

CTD MAW Malta Italian

Hello,

Ran into my first persistent CTD with CFS3 and the mods. I've been flying in North Africa in 1940 campaigns just fine (both Italian and British). Then as British I flew a successful Swordfish mission against Sicily in a 1940 campaign. But then tried an Italian campaign in 1940 flying an SM.79 against Malta and have had three CTD's in a row. First two missions I used AN21 to get targets on Malta, picked the ammo dump, hit it successfully, then about 30 miles from my airfield on the return home got a CTD. So I rebooted and tried again. Same thing, all went well, survived an attack by British fighters, bombed the ammo dump, and about 30 miles from my airfield CTD. So I'm thinking maybe a corrupt texture or object file getting loaded as I passed over the same spot on both missions.

Then third mission today (first two were yesterday) I hit the ammo dump successfully, but flew up the east coast until my airfield was directly west of me to avoid the same terrain/objects. Even got the successful mission message, then just after my wheels touched down while I was breaking to a full stop...CTD

I've been searching for an issue like this but can't find anything specific on the forum. Is there any history to this, or is it something unique to my install?

Thanks!

P.S. Win 7/64 bit, 12 GB ram, AMD 7850 2 GB and playing ETO and KTCS campaigns as both axis and allies all with no problems so far (plus MAW). But can't bomb Malta as an Italian.

SOH-CM-2020

CTDs in MAW

Hi Kodiak, the CTDs are a "known issue". But as to the cause, I suspect opinions differ. In my view, the air spawn files used for the malta 1940 campaign are suspect. I don't know if anyone else shares this view. The problem with the spawns is that some of them speify aircraft that do no enter service (as specified in the aircraft's xdp file) unitl one or more months after the start of the campaign. I've done an enormous amount of tweaking to ships, vehicles and aircraft and spawns, and don't get much in the way of CTDs for the Malta 1940 campaign now, whether flying for Axis or Allied. However I do not know enough about how everything works, to know if a failed spawn event (due to an attempt to spawn a specified aircraft proir to it's entered service date) causes a CTD.

Check out my thread from a couple of months ago. After a few glasses of Shiraz, you are lucky to find me even this lucid (hic)

Members who have read this thread: 0