Yas Spitfire panel correction

Thread: Yas Spitfire panel correction

Yas Spitfire panel correction

Ahh the joy,s of testing , At first I thought it was something I had added , but no , I looked at Kelti,s upload,s , and found the same thing , a closer look at the panel bmp show,s Merlin had done the panel to show the idiot light ,
    Now I haven,t flown the Corsair since Dbolt released his up dated model and I never noticed this before ,
    But the Corsair gauge light that Merlin used is this----------
    gauge21=f4u1a_corsair!Carb_Heat, 425,461,14,14

I usually add on the Cessna Carb Heat switch , and if you have carb heat
    switched on in the airfile , It,s sole purpose in the sim life , seems to be to slow down your aircraft , and change the engine pitch sound , when applied or adding carb heat ,

The Corsair light however does not react the same way , comes on and off at combat altitudes , 3 times under 15,000 ft , and skews the fuel mixture setting , at least one would assume , the Altitude is the culprit ,
    Ok recheck the panel file,s was the Dap gauge used for altitude effect,s
    Nope not found ,, So either the EGT readings are different on the Corsair , Air cooled radial , or the gauge is not compatible for water cooling ,,

I took it out , and stoped messing with mixture controls ,

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarg Willy View Post
    Ahh the joy,s of testing , At first I thought it was something I had added , but no , I looked at Kelti,s upload,s , and found the same thing , a closer look at the panel bmp show,s Merlin had done the panel to show the idiot light ,
    Now I haven,t flown the Corsair since Dbolt released his up dated model and I never noticed this before ,
    But the Corsair gauge light that Merlin used is this----------
    gauge21=f4u1a_corsair!Carb_Heat, 425,461,14,14

I usually add on the Cessna Carb Heat switch , and if you have carb heat
    switched on in the airfile , It,s sole purpose in the sim life , seems to be to slow down your aircraft , and change the engine pitch sound , when applied or adding carb heat ,

The Corsair light however does not react the same way , comes on and off at combat altitudes , 3 times under 15,000 ft , and skews the fuel mixture setting , at least one would assume , the Altitude is the culprit ,
    Ok recheck the panel file,s was the Dap gauge used for altitude effect,s
    Nope not found ,, So either the EGT readings are different on the Corsair , Air cooled radial , or the gauge is not compatible for water cooling ,,

I took it out , and stoped messing with mixture controls ,
    Hi Sarg,

since this thread is going unnoticed, I am going to reply because your efforts in finding new ways to improve even obscure aspects of CFS2 must be praised.

I asked myself many times what was the purpose in CFS2 of carb heath. As far as I know of real-life aviation, carb heath should be turned on at very high altitude to prevent carb icing, or during sudden dives or steep descents, again from very high altitudes, again to prevent formation of ice in the carburettor, thus avoiding all the obvious negative consequences.

In CFS2 I don't think it makes any difference. At least, it never did in my limited experience of high altitude flying.

Any furball I joined in CFS2 brought duelling opponents almost to ground level 99% of the times. A few times, just for the sake of seeing what happened, I kept above 5,000' after my flight joined combat. I never had the pleasure of seeing opposing AIs climbing to reach me.
    I don't think Artificial CFS2 Intelligence is so intelligent to get scared by my obvious advantageous altitude!

Dropping in a steep dive from high altitudes never caused my engine to lose a single beat, unless I am missing something and carb freezing must be forced through key assignment, as several other programmable mechanical failures in CFS2.

Besides, why does carb heath light up when firewalling the throttle during takeoffs? I even suspected that there's a sort of "afterburner" link to it, since it turns on exactly when I reach with my joystick throttle the spot where afterburners kick in modern jet-based sims.

I do find it useless as well, Sarg. Yet, I set my CFS2 to "manual mixture setting", because this is effective and it enhances the realism factor.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Glitch in new computer setup , Tested back in 98 x2 computors , and can,t replicate the complaint , The corsair light appears to be tied to throttle 9 to max position , Not temp related , air file changes do not effect it ,
    As to the carb heat , left overs from Fs I guess , Mind you , No one wrights mission files , at - 167 ' degrees F either , Or if they have , I haven,t flown it yet , I think all the dressing is available through , advanced weather / temperature controls , so don,t throw out your
    heaters ,s just yet ,

Members who have read this thread: 1