Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan) - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Iris Battlefield airlifter. (C-27 Spartan)

Ah, an update to the patch of the update is now available. I did not realize that. They really should allow all of us that bought it on 3rd party sites access to the updates on their webpage to alleviate all of this confusion with updates. When the first version came out, we could get the updates directly from the forums.

Thanks, I will also watch for it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Ah, an update to the patch of the update is now available. I did not realize that. They really should allow all of us that bought it on 3rd party sites access to the updates on their webpage to alleviate all of this confusion with updates. When the first version came out, we could get the updates directly from the forums.

Thanks, I will also watch for it.

Dave
    Agreed-----i hate it to dl the whole thing again and again,only because it`s patched.
    Mike

PCAviator and the BA

I finally called them and the Battlefield Airlifter is there. Just go to your original download and click on download; you will see iris_battlefield_airlifter_fsx. Mark said they had some troubles and would be getting the front page info up this weekend. Course now we have to wait for the new build to be brought in
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

Activating the GPS

For some reason, might well be my old brain, I cannot figure out how to activate the GPS. In the Spartan there was a Nav/GPS toggle on the panel, and another thing. The preflight check off for the Center Console says to place the NAV-GPS/FMC switch in NAV position. I cannot find that switch. any clues?

Cheers,
    Ken
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

Hi guys, I had a great birthday yesterday, thanks very much. I spent some well earned downtime with the family, which is what it's all about for me!

Back to work today though (boo hiss.. lol )

Timber, to activate the GPS tracking in the aircraft, I normally follow a few steps, though only two are required.

1. Ensure the PFD NAV mode shows MSN (MISSION/PLAN) not TCN (TACAN/NAV) by pressing the NAV button on the left side of the PFD.
    2. Ensure the aircraft autopilot is in NAV hold mode and A/P master is on (either pilot or co-pilot side).

I also make sure my Pilot CDI Source knob is set to PLN so that the PFD NAV1 information area is showing mission data.

I'll adjust the manual checklist accordingly.

As for the full build, that was something we couldn't really get around. If there are code changes, we can often provide them as hotfixes as they're pretty much useless without the product, though 1.2 features updates to the visual models and we can't provide them as part of any freely downloadable update on the website without an original purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you very much Smudge, really appreciate what you have done and are doing.
    Cheers,
    Tenpin

Not a problem Timber.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Getting V1.1 at FSS still.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I sent all the stores updated links last night, so they'll get them uploaded asap.. whenever that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    You might keep version 1.1. I have reverted from 1.2. to 1.1. because of frame rate drop with 1.2. Please note, it´s probably my computer setup and it is not really bad, but it feels
    that 1.1. is more stable on frames. Happy to have it anyway, great add-on.

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Wondering if anybody could help with this as this is a new error I have not ran into before. After I selected the aircraft for the first time FSX asked me if I wanted run a Doug Dowson guage I think and selected yes assuming it was something for the panel. Immediately after that I got warning Load Sound File Failed error box for the files Buzz3 and AV_Fan. I checked and files are where they (I assume) belong. I have tried restarting after install and that did not help, it still gives the load sound file failed error box but it did not ask about the guage. I was going to uninstall and reinstall it but there is uninstaller to be found. Any help would be appreciated.
    Will v 1.2 fix these problems?

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Hmmm, same from Flight Sim Store. I downloded now 228Mb (in the store 222.79Mb), but in install screen I see 1.1v.

Last edited by YoYo; October 6th, 2014 at 14:52.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Will v 1.2 fix these problems?
    Yes, it will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David I sent you an email for the P3D voucher code did you receive it?

David

I sent a request also on 10/1 and have received no response.

Russ
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

When FSS will add this 1.2 version? Still I see 1.1 .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

just flight

Hi purchased from just flight on 1.10.14,and have just received an Email stating v1.2 available in my account ,downloaded and Installed, could any one kindly explain why Just flight supposed version 1.2 shows v1.1 when installing,I now have full screen GPS again and the FMS click point has vanished from the right click menu,what have I done wrong or has just flight made a mistake with the file version ,unfortunately i can not find out what version I am downloading from just flight until I install it,the file size is the same size as the original 228.78mb,I have already posted on Iris forum but forgot to mention file size
    thanks for reading
    peter

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Bump for Smudge

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Simmarket still hasn't put 1.2 up yet. When the original release was sent to them by David, they did get it posted fairly quickly. Hopefully they will update it soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi guys,

1.2 was uploaded to the IRIS Servers on the 5th of October and the distributors were notified the same day. I've not received any email returns so as far as I know they have the files.

I'll nudge them this evening to see if there is any issue. Unfortunately whilst we can control the speed of things being uploaded to IRIS, we can't control how fast the distributors update their files (or read their emails!).

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David, installator of 1.2 looks too same like this: http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa5abc900.jpg (with 1.1)?

I recived Today info from FSS shop (from my Ticket):

"Your file has been updated. All you need to do is re download your existing file and the updated version you will have".

But I see 1.1 installator.

Same Problem on Just Flight, get an e-Mail that 1.2 is availible but download is only the Old 1.1 install file. Same Problem on FSX or P3D file 😒

In FSS is Build Number: RTM140926-1954. Is it a 1.1? And this instalator: http://s921.photobucket.com/user/raf...bc900.jpg.html .
    In manual is 1.2 (27/09/14).

Is it possible the version number was not updated in the new installer? IRIS, can you check this for us?

Vers 1.2?

Hello just to confirm that I have just downloaded v1.2 from just flight ,INSTALLER says 1.2 thank god

Members who have read this thread: 5